After four months of going back and forth, I decide to go back to the Passport. Not saying that the Priv is not a nice phone, but BlackBerry tries to be Android is not up to the standard yet, in my opinion. Sad to know that BlackBerry is not putting much effort in its own OS, as it feels much smoother and intuitive than android, which is lagging at times, and very warm when the phone is being used after a while. Sorry, but I'd rather go for something more stable and the Passport gives me the feeling.

Anyone out there who has the same experience to share?

Jk

Posted via CB10
    CherokeeMarty and YesAndNo like this.
    03-15-16 06:30 AM
    After four months of going back and forth, I decide to go back to the Passport. Not saying that the Priv is not a nice phone, but BlackBerry tries to be Android is not up to the standard yet, in my opinion. Sad to know that BlackBerry is not putting much effort in its own OS, as it feels much smoother and intuitive than android, which is lagging at times, and very warm when the phone is being used after a while. Sorry, but I'd rather go for something more stable and the Passport gives me the feeling.

Jk

Posted via CB10
    I have always said, you should use what works best for your daily needs, as long as the device is functioning properly and you are happy with the end result, go for it. I still have a lot of friends who are still using their older bolds and the newer classics and won't use anything else. Good luck with your passport, it's still a great device.
    bigedschukar and Taigatrommel like this.
    03-15-16 08:49 AM
    Yeah, same here. Giving the PRIV a second chance. But the Passport is so much more fluid. The keyboard also on Passport is much easier to type on.

But I also have a LG V10 which i was switching back and forth on with my Passport. Only reason is the V10 has a killer camera.

But tired of switching between two phones I'm trying the PRIV again. But the keyboard is killing me. And the loss of a great camera like the V10 makes me question staying on an Android device that has a BlackBerry launcher.

Who knows, might just be giving the PRIV back to my wife tonight.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-15-16 06:10 PM
    Yeah, same here. Giving the PRIV a second chance. But the Passport is so much more fluid. The keyboard also on Passport is much easier to type on.

But I also have a LG V10 which i was switching back and forth on with my Passport. Only reason is the V10 has a killer camera.

But tired of switching between two phones I'm trying the PRIV again. But the keyboard is killing me. And the loss of a great camera like the V10 makes me question staying on an Android device that has a BlackBerry launcher.

Who knows, might just be giving the PRIV back to my wife tonight.

How is the V10? I'm very interested in that phone lately, especially after finding out that the blackberry VKB can be installed on any Android device.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:38 PM
    How is the V10? I'm very interested in that phone lately, especially after finding out that the blackberry VKB can be installed on any Android device.

Posted via CB10
    My experience with it.....
    It's like the ugly underdog.
    The V10 is a power house.
    Might not be the best looking phone like the Passport. But it does do so much more and so much better.

The camera can out shoot any camera phone in its class. Which is just about every camera phone available. I'll post a pic to show you, following this reply.

The Audio has Hi-Fi DAC when you plug into the 3.5mm port with either headphones or auxiliary cable. What does that mean? Well you know how some phones are to quite when you play the music thru another device like a car radio? Well turn on the Hi-Fi and it boosts the music. Not only does it have that, but multiple available apps also have additional equalizers available for the V10. At first I thought it was a weird gimmick but now after listening to music on it, I have a very hard time enjoying any other music on other devices.

The battery life is actually great. We'll as long as you minimize screen time. If the screen is off you see the percentage drop very slowly, unlike the Priv. On V10 it is possible to kill the battery in 4 hours easily if you play games or browse the Internet. But I have a spare battery and charging cradle. And with those at hand, battery life is not an issue at all. Unlike the PRIV where you have to wait 30mins for a quick charge for 50%. With a spare battery, it's 30 seconds and you have 100%.

The second screen on the V10 actually is 50 to 75% useful. It's great to reply to texts and answering the phone. But still trying to incorporate other options on it into my daily use.

The one board speaker is nothing to wow about. But it does put out some loud sound when an alarm clock is set and goes off.

LG followed thru with their built in customizable UI to. So you may not need a launcher to enjoy customizing it to you own liking.

And yes, you can install all the fun BlackBerry apps that are available for Android devices. Like keyboard, calendar, launcher. Which they run faster on the V10 than the Priv.
    But the hubs not available for anything but the Priv.

In short, I have a V10 and a Passport now. The wife has the Priv now.
    If I had Passport keyboard, physical looks, fluid UI with hub. But had everything else that the V10 offers it would be the perfect phone.

Only down side of V10, Android UI, and no physical keyboard.

What else would you like to know?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 08:57 PM
    My experience with it.....
    It's like the ugly underdog.
    The V10 is a power house.
    Might not be the best looking phone like the Passport. But it does do so much more and so much better.

The camera can out shoot any camera phone in its class. Which is just about every camera phone available. I'll post a pic to show you, following this reply.

The Audio has Hi-Fi DAC when you plug into the 3.5mm port with either headphones or auxiliary cable. What does that mean? Well you know how some phones are to quite when you play the music thru another device like a car radio? Well turn on the Hi-Fi and it boosts the music. Not only does it have that, but multiple available apps also have additional equalizers available for the V10. At first I thought it was a weird gimmick but now after listening to music on it, I have a very hard time enjoying any other music on other devices.

The battery life is actually great. We'll as long as you minimize screen time. If the screen is off you see the percentage drop very slowly, unlike the Priv. On V10 it is possible to kill the battery in 4 hours easily if you play games or browse the Internet. But I have a spare battery and charging cradle. And with those at hand, battery life is not an issue at all. Unlike the PRIV where you have to wait 30mins for a quick charge for 50%. With a spare battery, it's 30 seconds and you have 100%.

The second screen on the V10 actually is 50 to 75% useful. It's great to reply to texts and answering the phone. But still trying to incorporate other options on it into my daily use.

The one board speaker is nothing to wow about. But it does put out some loud sound when an alarm clock is set and goes off.

LG followed thru with their built in customizable UI to. So you may not need a launcher to enjoy customizing it to you own liking.

And yes, you can install all the fun BlackBerry apps that are available for Android devices. Like keyboard, calendar, launcher. Which they run faster on the V10 than the Priv.
    But the hubs not available for anything but the Priv.

In short, I have a V10 and a Passport now. The wife has the Priv now.
    If I had Passport keyboard, physical looks, fluid UI with hub. But had everything else that the V10 offers it would be the perfect phone.

Only down side of V10, Android UI, and no physical keyboard.

What else would you like to know?

Posted via CB10

Well I definitely didn't expect all of that to begin with so thank you for sharing that with me. My Passport is nothing short of amazing, but I just get bored and like to give new devices a shot. This is the only Android device that's caught my eye in a while besides the Priv and I gave the Priv a shot, but returned it before I was locked into a contract with it. I was not a fan of it.

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 09:48 PM
    Here's the picture I was going to post. Taken from my V10 in auto mode.

Attached Thumbnails Switching back from Priv to Passport-20160310_190607.jpg  
    03-16-16 05:21 AM

Jk

Posted via CB10
    I am using the Priv full time now after moving from the magnificent one and only the mighty Passport . Priv serves my daily needs beautifully . However having said that I do miss the BB10 Hub which is unmatchable. Each device is unique in its own way . You have chosen to go back to the best device the Passport which serves your needs much better than the Priv . Passport is fantastic device no doubts about it . Good luck .
    03-16-16 05:32 AM
    I buy a Priv, and use it for a week, i sold it and buy another Passport. Passport and bb10 is the Best

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo likes this.
    03-16-16 06:38 AM
    I did the same. Priv is back in the box.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    YesAndNo likes this.
    03-21-16 03:12 AM
    I can kind of understand the people switching back to the Passport. I also switched Passport to Priv mid December and I am mostly satisfied. However there are a couple of things which are attractive on the Passport. First and foremost of course the awesome battery performance - my Priv can't match that.

Sometimes I am itching to just put my SIM back into my SE Passport, but I never end up doing so. Some CB member put it this way: "The cons of the Priv outmatch the pros of the Passport" that kind of sums it up in my case.
    03-21-16 04:05 AM
    The Priv has been such a disappointment. Horrifically bad battery life (five or six hours max with very moderate use), s...l...o...w charging, less than useful little keyboard that really slows you down, phone running hot almost constantly....what a joke for the premium price.

Did I say the camera is really sub-par as well?

I bought another Passport and I'm going back. That was the best phone I ever had. I'm going to buy a spare as well!
    YesAndNo likes this.
    10-21-16 09:36 AM
    Here's the picture I was going to post. Taken from my V10 in auto mode.

My my...is that for real. Amazing shot! Crystal clear. Loved it.

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    10-21-16 11:57 AM