It's charging three times as fast (yes may not be good, who knows but I have battery fiction pro) however the biggest deal is, the charge is lasting three times as long which I did not expect, hmm...

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 11:42 AM
    Faster Charging... yes it should as it is rated higher. Used the PlayBook charger on my Z10 for three years with no ill effect.

Lasting longer... that I would say is strange. But hey if it works for you....
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    04-29-16 11:47 AM
    Faster Charging... yes it should as it is rated higher. Used the PlayBook charger on my Z10 for three years with no ill effect.

Lasting longer... that I would say is strange. But hey if it works for you....
    Yes, also find it strange but it certainly is lasting longer without question unless PIM slowed down as added my work account a week ago yet it had very few emails. So far, so good and doesn't get hot like the other. So, wonder if it pulls what it needs or it gives it more juice... not even heating up like the OEM was. The playbook charger is now my new Passport SE charger....

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 11:52 AM
    I cannot charge my Z10 with its charger if the battery drains out. I charge it with my Passports charger and before I bought my Passport I had to charge it from a computer or if I had the possibility I used a more powerful charger.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 12:12 PM
    I cannot charge my Z10 with its charger if the battery drains out. I charge it with my Passports charger and before I bought my Passport I had to charge it from a computer or if I had the possibility I used a more powerful charger.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this yellow playbook charger is really getting it done, amazing!

Battery fiction pro says charger is acceptable. No heat either.

It's lasts so much longer is the 8th wonder of the world but it does!..

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 12:45 PM
    Cool. I just hope this doesn't lead to post number 2: the explosion! (just kidding I have no idea of the long term effect).
    04-29-16 02:00 PM
    Have been using PlayBook charger with Q10 and q5 and Z10 and now the passport and is a beast. Super charged no apparent damage!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 03:50 PM
    OP, that's a very interesting observation about the battery improving it's performance from a more powerful charger.

I had read on other threads to avoid using the PlayBook charger because it could over heat the battery, which is bad for the long term battery health.

Maybe you have stumbled on something important?

Please keep us posted.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 09:48 PM
    OP, that's a very interesting observation about the battery improving it's performance from a more powerful charger.

I had read on other threads to avoid using the PlayBook charger because it could over heat the battery, which is bad for the long term battery health.

Maybe you have stumbled on something important?

Please keep us posted.

Posted via CB10
    I will for sure, less heat hands down and to my surprise significant improvement in the life between charges noticeable ASAP almost like it broke this two month old SE batt in? Will keep updated...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 01:14 AM
    There's no real reason that particular charger (playbook one) is the reason.

It just happens to be able to provide more amps.

Any other charger with the right connector, same voltage and polarity could too, and it won't cause any damage because the device only draws what it can and needs.

It won't magically make the battery last longer.
    It won't magically improve the health of the battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 06:18 AM
    I am using the yellow charger. With a passport silver. Can't say there is any difference from the stock charger other than faster charging. Might be placebo?
    05-01-16 02:15 PM
    Have been using PlayBook charger with Q10 and q5 and Z10 and now the passport and is a beast. Super charged no apparent damage!

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree after many weeks, will not leave home without this yellow playbook charger, going to buy two more...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 04:59 PM
    I am using the yellow charger. With a passport silver. Can't say there is any difference from the stock charger other than faster charging. Might be placebo?
    Yes, the yellow playbook charger is faster charging and lasting longer, maybe it "broke in NY newer battery faster?" but I speak from weeks of experience now hope I can find the yellow tipped playbook charger on ebay as would like at least one spare now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 05-24-16 at 07:57 PM.
    05-24-16 05:01 PM
    Any pics from this yellow playbook charger?
    Can it be found somewhere as a single part?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 07:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am hoping so... I am checking eBay now will snap a photo soon as my passport charges up as she finally went to battery saving node after three days.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 07:58 PM

Posted via CB10

Switched to the yellow blackberry playbook charger on my passport se and..-img_20160524_212217.jpg

Switched to the yellow blackberry playbook charger on my passport se and..-img_20160524_212201.jpg

Switched to the yellow blackberry playbook charger on my passport se and..-img_20160524_212207.jpg

Think this is the foreign version yet comes with replaceable American style adapter slash please plug...

Dunno if the others are exact voltage as only ever had this one..

It's working better then fantastic! Checking eBay now..

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 08:25 PM
    Coool, me checking to

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 05:50 AM
    I got two of these they charge so much faster than the stock charger, I used it in two different countries and they work great. Bought them from ebay

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 07:42 AM
    I have one of these yellow PB charger which lasts for nearly 4 years now and continues working perfectly

Posted via Passport Silver Edition 
    05-25-16 09:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    They sell them at the CrackBerry Store, Amazon, eBay and etc.

It is called a Premium Travel Charger and comes with different mains adaptors. It was originally sold as a quick charger for the phones. It shipped with the PlayBook sold in regions other than North America, because of the mains adapters.

There is also a travel adpater for the phones, but is is only 800ma and has a black end rather than the orange/yellow end. The Premium was the fast charge version of this one.

I have to agree that it is the best BlackBerry charger.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 12:42 PM
    So if I just it for my BlackBerry Passport SE then the Battery Life will last longer? How cool will that be

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    05-27-16 12:45 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160524_212217.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	400613

Name:	IMG_20160524_212201.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	400614

Name:	IMG_20160524_212207.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	400615

Think this is the foreign version yet comes with replaceable American style adapter slash please plug...

Dunno if the others are exact voltage as only ever had this one..

It's working better then fantastic! Checking eBay now..

Posted via CB10
    I also use it with the app Battery Fiction Pro which is a must have app imo.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 12:47 AM
    I use the PB charger with my OG and SE all the time. Also, the same output via car charger. Nothing beats 2,1 amps

SE is for premium, unless you're that other fruit user
    05-28-16 10:25 AM