Hi,
    We have switched carriers and upgraded to passport and Z30. I think I should sell our Sprint Blackberries, but not sure how to go about it. Have never sold anything on ebay, but have purchased a lot there. Should I try the marketplace here? I have a pristine Bold 9930 and a Q10 in great condition.

Would I do better trying to sell Sprint only devices on Ebay?

Thanks for any guidance.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:18 PM
    Swappa, here on CrackBerry Marketplace and eBay are three excellent choices.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-23-14 03:26 PM
    Local Craigslist may be an option as well. But meet with the buyer in a public place, and only take cash.
    12-23-14 03:27 PM
    Use the BlackBerry Trade Up program?

Does this apply to you?

https://tradeup.blackberry.com/en/us/web/home.html
    12-23-14 04:38 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the updates! I think I'll try ebay first since I have PayPal. Craigslist scares me. And I didn't know I could trade up, tho we already bought our new phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 04:57 PM
    I bought my passport on craigslist last week. I normally don't have issues with people on craigslist when I purchase or sell things. Just agree to meet in a public area. Most people aren't trying to screw you over. Don't take anything but cash either. When I bought mine I asked the guy if I could put my sim card in to make sure it gets service. He said yeah. I opened the phone and he didn't seem intimated so I said it's good. it's little stuff like that you can read from people. Ebay though I've purchased a few phones on ebay where they don't work.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:37 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the updates! I think I'll try ebay first since I have PayPal. Craigslist scares me. And I didn't know I could trade up, tho we already bought our new phones.

Posted via CB10
    You can still do a trade up.
    12-23-14 09:39 PM
    I tend to buy on craigslist and sell on ebay but I got my passport on ebay since you can't usually find them on CL.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:28 PM
    I sold a bunch on eBay. 2 - 9930s. A 9850. A 9330. And a PlayBook. No problems selling but they sure don't fetch a lot. Bolds did best.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-23-14 10:40 PM
    Amazon trade-in is my favorite no-hassle way to sell gently used gadgets.
    smann40 likes this.
    12-23-14 10:43 PM
    Thanks all. Might try craigslist after all. Was thinking I could meet buyers at the Sprint store then they could activate it right then. These are 2 nice like new devices somebody could be using instead of them sitting in a drawer in their boxes :-)

I plan to list them right after the Holidays. Too much to do for Christmas to think about selling them now.

Merry Christmas!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 08:49 AM
    Thanks all. Might try craigslist after all. Was thinking I could meet buyers at the Sprint store then they could activate it right then. These are 2 nice like new devices somebody could be using instead of them sitting in a drawer in their boxes :-)

I plan to list them right after the Holidays. Too much to do for Christmas to think about selling them now.

Merry Christmas!

Posted via CB10
    Merry Christmas to you as well!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-24-14 01:12 PM
    Thanks all. Might try craigslist after all. Was thinking I could meet buyers at the Sprint store then they could activate it right then.
    Probably a good idea. Here's a "horror" story from me selling my 9930s on eBay -- a situation you might avoid by doing that. I had two Bold 9930s that sat on my desk for about a year. Me and my wife both moved to Z10s. I always pay full price for phones so I own all my phones free and clear. Long time (14 year) customer of Verizon. No contracts.

I sold/shipped one 9930 -- no issues. I sold/shipped the second and the buyer sent me an eBay message accusing me of being a thief. He threatened me with harassment. Said he'd get all his buddies to harass me online as well. Said he'd called Verizon and they claimed the phone was blacklisted because the bill had not been paid.

I called Verizon and got them to unblacklist it. They said the IMEI had been used to activate two other phones at different times at some point on other accounts -- though those phones never showed any actual data/call use.

So apparently, some rep at Verizon needed a clean IMEI to activate a phone, looked at my account by chance, saw a dormant attached IMEI there, and used it on someone else's phone/account?

You know I am not sure how that all technically works but I was shocked that they can and do do that type of thing.

Anyway once the buyer was able to activate the phone he became all nice and was falling all over his self to thank me for spending like 2 hours on the phone to get it all straight for him. I felt like telling the brat to go eff his self, just because his very first action was to lash out with accusations when there was an issue. But I was cordial and told him to enjoy the Bold. Lol.
    12-24-14 02:13 PM
    I put my old Bold on E-bay for sale twice and the buyer never paid me. E-bay is getting worse and worse. Not to mention 10% final value fee and paypal fee etc etc.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-24-14 04:30 PM
    Definitely doing this!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 08:18 PM