On the passport SE and have noticed lately that the swipe to wake feature takes a few tries before it works. Latest build (official)

Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 05:45 PM
    Yes. It's hit and miss for me most of times. I'd to press the power button to wake the phone.
    12-06-15 06:30 PM
    Sometimes happens to me also.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 08:36 PM
    On the passport SE and have noticed lately that the swipe to wake feature takes a few tries before it works. Latest build (official)

Posted via CB10
    It's not a constant function.
    Meaning, the phones not there full time waiting and watching for you to swipe up.
    If it was, you'd see a great drop in battery life.

I get it once in a while. But I have turned of all battery saving options.
    12-06-15 08:41 PM
    It's not a constant function.
    Meaning, the phones not there full time waiting and watching for you to swipe up.
    If it was, you'd see a great drop in battery life.

I get it once in a while. But I have turned of all battery saving options.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 09:04 PM
    Good to know. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    He has no idea what he's talking about. Of course it's a constant function. There's certain portions of the screen above certain letters where it's not polling for input to decrease the chances that the swipe function activates without user input (pockets, etc). Swipe up above each letter to see what I mean.

When I notice the swipe-to-wake not being as responsive, I clean my screen. No joke, finger oil decreases the sensitivity. Try it .
    12-06-15 09:40 PM
    He has no idea what he's talking about. Of course it's a constant function. There's certain portions of the screen above certain letters where it's not polling for input to decrease the chances that the swipe function activates without user input (pockets, etc). Swipe up above each letter to see what I mean.

When I notice the swipe-to-wake not being as responsive, I clean my screen. No joke, finger oil decreases the sensitivity. Try it .
    Simply oily fingers......you may want to use water based than.

You have no clue what your talking about. Have fun wasting time wiping your screen over and over thinking your fixing it.
    The funny thing is you never will.
    12-06-15 10:54 PM
    Ok kids. Put the boxing gloves away. Btw I used to have this issue when I had a screen protector on. I don't have one anymore and in fact haven't had one for months but this problem is so annoying.

Aahh first world issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 06:45 AM
    Happens to me - the screen actually goes unresponsive not just on swipe to wake, but also while in the HUB sometime.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    12-07-15 07:08 AM
    Hmm never had this problem.

Blackberry Passport
    12-07-15 10:05 AM

Exactly my thought, just clean your screen, it works!

Posted via CB10
    Poi25 likes this.
    12-07-15 10:12 AM
    Only happens to me if I swipe really quickly. If I swipe just a little slower, mine never misses a beat.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    12-07-15 02:25 PM
    Must be done SLOWLY from the edge of top row keyboard, otherwise it won't work. Too fast and it'll surely miss. I believe it has to do with OS version as well. I remember vividly it wasn't like this when I first bought my Passport a year ago.
    12-13-15 06:00 AM
    Do you have a screen protector on? I have never had this problem....

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 05:58 PM
    Simply oily fingers......you may want to use water based than.

You have no clue what your talking about. Have fun wasting time wiping your screen over and over thinking your fixing it.
    The funny thing is you never will.
    Notice the likes.
    12-15-15 11:26 PM
    Glass screen protector might be the culprit- are you using one? Also, I know plastic screen protectors (like the packaging one on a brand new passport), can affect touch sensitivity

Edit:there is a major bug at play. I removed my protector (glass) and still cannot swipe to wake. Blackberry, please rectify

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 2much2think; 12-16-15 at 12:06 PM.
    12-16-15 01:21 AM
    Agreed! The swipe to wake isn't as reliable as it once was. I would swipe up, nothing. Sometimes the second time would work. I switched it to the power button to wake but even that is kind of hit or miss. I hit the power button and the screen would still be black. Twice and it would work, then swipe up. It's almost as if the software is adopting bugs. Sometimes a power reset helps.
    12-16-15 03:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like hardware. Try getting a replacement.
    12-19-15 05:12 AM
    Not hardware issue. Swipe-up works for other functions ; e.g to minimise apps. Plus, I found that with a factory reset, it was fully functional again. So this is a software issue; possibly influenced by third party apps

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 11:05 AM
    its happened to me a few times. Not a big issues.
    12-19-15 03:29 PM
    Guy I just restarted my BlackBerry (hadn't in a WHILE) and problem resolved!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 04:43 PM

Yes, I did the same....

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 09:20 PM
    I'm having this issue when I'm swiping too fast. But luckily for me, everything's going well for me. I hope that this not a affecting all performance of the device.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 12:25 AM
    Mine does this but I know it's my crappy screen protector I got from Zagg. The edge of it is kind of in the worst possible place for swipe up to wake.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 12:30 AM
    This is definitely a very very annoying bug!!

I sometimes swipe like 5-10 times and it still doesn't work so I give up and press the power button.

This issue doesn't happen anywhere else.
    Swiping to the Hub, or exiting an app is all fine.
    Only happens for unlocking the phone.

It used to work fine but I am also increasingly feeling it's getting worse.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 12:34 AM
33 12