My passport can be unlocked from 1/4 of the bottom screen, on my Q10 I had to start swiping from the bezel to unlock the phone. Is this normal? And if it is it must a bug right? Because of this my phone is also unlocking in my pocket and its really annoying.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Posted via Q10
    07-31-15 11:08 AM
    My passport can be unlocked from 1/4 of the bottom screen, on my Q10 I had to start swiping from the bezel to unlock the phone. Is this normal? And if it is it must a bug right? Because of this my phone is also unlocking in my pocket and its really annoying.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Posted via Q10
    That does not sound right to me. Even though the keyboard itself is touch-sensitive, I can only unlock using the glass.
    07-31-15 11:27 AM
    No bug. That's how it is because of the giant screen. The q10 also works this way so I don't know what's the problem...

If you're phone is unlocking in your pants that's weird, never had that happen but try putting it screen facing outwards
    07-31-15 12:23 PM
    No bug. That's how it is because of the giant screen. The q10 also works this way so I don't know what's the problem...

If you're phone is unlocking in your pants that's weird, never had that happen but try putting it screen facing outwards
    When BB10 first came out I remember them saying 'swipe up from the bezel' to unlock the phone and my Q10 behaved that way. I dont see why a giant screen made them increase the unlock area to 1/4 of the screen thats crazy
    07-31-15 07:45 PM
    That does not sound right to me. Even though the keyboard itself is touch-sensitive, I can only unlock using the glass.

Yeah I was only referring to the glass. The bottom 1/4 of the glass allows me to unlock the phone. which is a HUGE area on the passport
    07-31-15 07:48 PM
    Yeah I was only referring to the glass. The bottom 1/4 of the glass allows me to unlock the phone. which is a HUGE area on the passport
    Then that's normal.
    07-31-15 07:54 PM
    Then that's normal.
    If it is, BlackBerry should re-adjust it and make it smaller. No wonder there are so many passports waking in peoples pockets

Posted via Q10
    07-31-15 10:31 PM

Putting the screen facing outwards is pretty much asking for a cracked screen in my opinion. Plus it doesnt feel natural doing that. Also my Q10 didn't work that way
    07-31-15 10:33 PM
    There is a new app that was just released to address this very issue:

http://crackberry.com/pocketsafe-aim...pies-available

I think that they must have increased the sensitivity in the latest update because many are reporting this to be an issue where it never was before, self included. Though, for me, I just turned off "Swipe to Wake" in the settings and this is an acceptable solution for me. I don't mind pressing the lock button to "unlock" it since I habitually use the same button to put the screen to sleep so it feels natural.
    07-31-15 10:38 PM
    There is a new app that was just released to address this very issue:

http://crackberry.com/pocketsafe-aim...pies-available

I think that they must have increased the sensitivity in the latest update because many are reporting this to be an issue where it never was before, self included. Though, for me, I just turned off "Swipe to Wake" in the settings and this is an acceptable solution for me. I don't mind pressing the lock button to "unlock" it since I habitually use the same button to put the screen to sleep so it feels natural.
    I downloaded this app last night! Works great but I soon deleted it once I realised it was getting in my way when I'm actually using the phone!

When I'm in bed I sometimes hold the phone by the proximity sensors so yeah this app wasnt working for me.

Posted via Q10
    07-31-15 10:45 PM