So I've had my Passport for a few days now, and I'm really enjoying it except for a single feature: Swiping up to get to my homescreen/apps. I often find it takes me multiple tries, and it feels like a very sluggish maneuver to pull off when I'm back and forth between apps and messages.

Is there any other way to accomplish this without using th gesture?

I understand if there's no workaround, and if that is the case, do you have any tips to make it a more definite action? I swipe from the very bottom of the screen.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 08:05 AM
    I glide my finger ever so slightly over the T or Y buttons when I'm doing it and never have an issue getting to the homescreen via swiping up.

Also, while it's possible that I've missed it over the past three years using BB10, I'm pretty confident that swiping up is the only way to get to the homescreen.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    03-20-16 08:26 AM
    Just gave it a quick test and it's definitely an improvement!

Appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 08:43 AM
    Swipe from right to left.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 09:19 AM
    Up and to the left, opposite gesture to peaking the hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 09:43 AM
    I don't understand why everybody is still using up-left and up-right when you can just swipe to the right or to the left, depending the case...

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 10:38 AM
    I don't understand why everybody is still using up-left and up-right when you can just swipe to the right or to the left, depending the case...

Posted via CB10
    You can't do that in apps. You need to get to the homescreen to get to the hub, hence the Up and Right gesture.

I could be wrong, but unless there's been a major change I don't know of any way to get to the Hub from inside an app other than swiping up and to the right.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    03-21-16 02:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't even know why people swipe to get the desktop. I keep my Passport facedown most of the time and use "lift to wake" in Advanced Interaction. Works great for me YMMV.
    03-21-16 02:14 PM
    I don't even know why people swipe to get the desktop. I keep my Passport facedown most of the time and use "lift to wake" in Advanced Interaction. Works great for me YMMV.
    I don't keep my Passport facedown, I need to see the led colour. I also keep it on silent on my desk in front of me when I'm working. Being able to set the led colour is a great feature.
    Going back to the swipe, I hope the "swipe from left to right" thing is helpfull for the OP.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 02:34 PM
    Push U then enter

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 02:51 PM
    Sorry that's U and enter to wake it up! Misread the post.. coffee time!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 02:57 PM
    Sorry that's U and enter to wake it up! Misread the post.. coffee time!!!

Posted via CB10
    Enjoy your coffee!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 04:22 PM