Is anyone else having an issue with the swipe up to complete feature? When I first tried the passport in the Telus store I thought the swipe to complete was awesome and it worked every time. Now that I have my own passport, I'm finding it hard to get it to work. I'm having to swipe multiple times. Most of the time I end up with punctuation as my fingers end up hitting the touch screen. Is there a keyboard sensitivity setting I don?t know about?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 08:48 AM
    No there isn't. It takes a bit of time getting used to it. I had the same issues but after a few days I soon got the hang of it. Don't swipe all the way up, I start from bottom and swipe up but stop before I get to the on screen keyboard.

Could also be a faulty keyboard so perhaps get it changed.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 09:06 AM
    I notice when I was on 10.3.1.632 that when I was using BBM in the hub the swipe up didn't work as well as when I used it in the BBM app

Via CB10. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 for now...and proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew
    10-17-14 09:18 AM
    Well after a day with it I'm getting better at it. Still not as good as the demo unit I tried but I think it'll improve.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 05:30 PM
    There's a phenomenon called "U-shaped" or "J-shaped" learning, and this sounds like a typical example of it.

When you start making use of a new skill, you're hyper-conscious of how you're performing it, and you'll generally do it well. But as you start performing the task subconsciously or automatically, you'll make errors at first and your proficiency will actually deteriorate. But with further practice, your proficiency improves, as long as you actually keep working at it.

This is a long-winded way of saying I experienced much the same thing, but I'm already finding that kb swiping seems more useful on the Passport than it is on the full-touch phones, at least for me.
    10-17-14 05:34 PM