Good day,
    I currently own a Z30 on the Rogers network (still not fully paid). I'd like to buy a Passport for use on Rogers with the same SIM card so I keep the same phone #, data plan, etc. Can I simply take the SIM card in the Z30 and put it into the Passport and be done? After trial, can I take the SIM card from the Passport and put it back in the Z30? Or is the process more complicated than simply taking the SIM card from one phone to the other?

Thanks for your help!
    Raymond...
    06-26-15 12:35 PM
    Good day,
    I currently own a Z30 on the Rogers network (still not fully paid). I'd like to buy a Passport for use on Rogers with the same SIM card so I keep the same phone #, data plan, etc. Can I simply take the SIM card in the Z30 and put it into the Passport and be done? After trial, can I take the SIM card from the Passport and put it back in the Z30? Or is the process more complicated than simply taking the SIM card from one phone to the other?

Thanks for your help!
    Raymond...
    The Z30 uses a larger micro-SIM card. The Passport uses a smaller nano-SIM card. So unfortunately you just can't swap from one device to the other.

You can, however, buy a new nano-SIM card and switch it yourself online in your Rogers account. In order to revery back to the Z30 you will also have to buy another micro-SIM card and activate it online as well. Keep in mind that when you activate a new SIM card the old one becomes useless (at least on Bell and Telus).

If they were both the same size you could swap to your heart's content all you want,
    06-26-15 12:44 PM
    Your other option is to cut your Sim, and buy an adaptor. But be very careful, this might damage your pins and make one or both devices unusable.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-26-15 01:01 PM
    Your other option is to cut your Sim, and buy an adaptor. But be very careful, this might damage your pins and make one or both devices unusable.
    Yeah, there are plenty of posts about users making their phone unusable because they broke pins in the spring loaded adapter.

A Nano Sim is thinner as well as smaller than a Micro Sim.

The older Sim trays opened like a door so the pins were less likely to break. The newer Sim trays are spring loaded.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi up to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 2.798 to 2.2204
    06-26-15 04:21 PM
    Thanks to all. I have now a much better idea of what is involved. At least one can go back and forth even at a small price.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 04:48 PM
    If you got to a Rogers Plus, corporate, owned store, if you ask nicely, they should give you the new SIM for free. Just tell them you bought a new phone and can't use it on their network without a SIM. A corporate store should not be charging you a fee for the privilege to collect a monthly cellular account fee from you.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 09:16 PM
    If you got to a Rogers Plus, corporate, owned store, if you ask nicely, they should give you the new SIM for free. Just tell them you bought a new phone and can't use it on their network without a SIM. A corporate store should not be charging you a fee for the privilege to collect a monthly cellular account fee from you.

Posted via CB10
    I'm only a normal customer but it's worth a try. Thanks for the tip !

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 01:33 AM
    I own a passport and a Z30, and i switch often so get a nano sim from Rogers and get an adapter, i bought this one http://m.ebay.com/itm/251841148776?txnId=1658384795015

From Le Passport  or Z30  / 10.3.2.2252
    06-27-15 06:25 AM
    There is no reason for Rogers store to not give you a SIM if you ask.
    That is what they are there for! You're the customer and they serve you and get you what you want.
    You are their customer !

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 06:32 PM
    I have the same thing as what you're thinking of doing, but with Bell...
    I can switch between my Z30 and my Passport with no issues.

The only thing... every time I change phones, you have to reactivate your BBM to the other phone, this is easy to complete.
    BUT if you have BBM messages on your Z30 and switch to your Passport, you will not have access to your messages - cause BBM uses the MAC/Serial number of the set, not your name.
    The messages will be on the other phone, and you'll have to look back to the other phone to recall what was previously written.

Post from my Passport or my Z30 or my Playbook
    06-27-15 09:03 PM
    Good day,

Thanks for your help!
    Raymond...
    I have the Z30 and the Passport as well i have the nano sim and use a sim adapter and switch quite a bit with no issues.
    Swapping Phones on Rogers Network?-img_20150627_222339.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 09:25 PM