11-28-14 06:41 AM
29 12
tools
    There is one possibility though. BlackBerry greatly underestimated how many people actually want this phone. Consequently, they decided that maybe they can regain some marketshare or greater presence of mind by moving more Passport volume. This is especially true if the demand is really there, which by all accounts so far there seems to be.

Posted via CB10
    I was picking up the kids at school yesterday and a parent saw my Passport and asked about the trade in program. It is all over the news sites in Canada. I also see it on the CNBC site and it was mentioned on CNBC yesterday.

The point to this may be even if they don't get a lot of iPhones traded in, the buzz from this offer is getting them a lot of free advertising in the media.

I also think there is a surprising demand for this phone. I was at a farmers market last weekend and while in line for a coffee, there was three of us with Passports.
    11-26-14 09:58 AM
    I was picking up the kids at school yesterday and a parent saw my Passport and asked about the trade in program. It is all over the news sites in Canada. I also see it on the CNBC site and it was mentioned on CNBC yesterday.

The point to this may be even if they don't get a lot of iPhones traded in, the buzz from this offer is getting them a lot of free advertising in the media.

I also think there is a surprising demand for this phone. I was at a farmers market last weekend and while in line for a coffee, there was three of us with Passports.
    Yeah, I had a chat with a Rogers rep too a few days ago, he actually bought a used Passport from me at a deep discount to demo to his customers, and he said that he was actually surprised with how high the demand for this phone has been. He said that at least in the one location where he works, the iPhone 6 was the best seller, followed by the BlackBerry Passport. Apparently a lot of Asian clientele has been buying Passports. The large screen is appealing and the phone is so different from everything on the market that people actually want it. Anecdotal, but nevertheless interesting.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 10:07 AM
    This program is for people who are on the fence and not happy with the virtual keyboard of the iPhone. "Affluent" business "leaders" can be frugal. A program like this appeals to everyone.
    11-26-14 10:22 AM
    My wife is getting a new iPhone 6 from her carrier, a pity this offer isn't where I live cause then I would use her pristine iPhone 5 for this trade in....(and keep the z30 with carbonate case as a momento).

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 06:41 AM
29 12