what is SOT?
    Screen on time.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-15-16 11:32 AM
    Screen on time.
    Ah, thanks!
    10-15-16 12:51 PM
    I get about... 36 hour usage but with heavier use like browsing and video maybe about 20?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 02:01 PM
    Battery update - fully charged my new Passport at around 6pm (give or take) on 10/13/16 when I got it. As of this writing at 5:11pm on 10/15, I'm still at 43% battery and again bear in mind my light phone usage
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-15-16 05:11 PM
    what is SOT?
    Screen On Time
    10-16-16 08:01 AM
    Anywhere from 8 to 12 hours during a normal day of usage. There are times when I have had to put it on after 6.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 08:12 AM
    Battery update - fully charged my new Passport at around 6pm (give or take) on 10/13/16 when I got it. As of this writing at 5:11pm on 10/15, I'm still at 43% battery and again bear in mind my light phone usage
    10/16/16 at around 10:35 am - at around 32% on original charge
    10-16-16 10:35 AM
    I charge my BlackBerry Passport silver edition every night but I usually get at least 12 hours with at least 50% of battery life left.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 10:41 AM
    Here is my today's battery details and screen on time.

Survey on passport battery life? ( be honest no boasting)-img_20161017_150559.png

Survey on passport battery life? ( be honest no boasting)-img_20161017_150607.png

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 04:37 AM
    It depends... different things affect the battery life of my Passport (original Passport, acquired January 2015).
    Saw ur logs and it's seem pretty impossible.

Here my logs:

12am battery 100 full when I sleep
    7am morning and the battery on 93
    8am some social media and music stream via bt 83%
    9-1 work with moderate whatapp 65
    1-2 lunch and browse fb with YouTube. 50%
    2-3 using waze for an hour : 20%

Pretty much need recharge d. I understand waze consume a lot. Yet why normail browsing and shandy do consume a lot too?

Note: I'm old BlackBerry user. I know the background app well annd did shut down those unnecessary
    2 except waze I don't have else andriod app
    3 WiFi usage most time and I dun get y my standby isn't good my note5 hardly drop 3% overnight idle

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 06:24 AM
    Share some trick on how u manage do it.? It's pretty impossible

Posted via CB10
    No trick at all. Make sure you don't have any questionable android apps installed and close active windows if you don't need them. I don't reduce display brightness but I do keep the ringer on vibrate only and all sounds muted. I have never done anything to tune for battery performance.
    BigAl_BB9900 and dmlis like this.
    10-17-16 06:41 AM
    Attachment 410017

unplug before I sleep at 12am and found out in morning 8 it lost 15 percent over the night. Was connect to WiFi all time and manual kill unused task.
    Using waze for 30 min which consume. 12 percent overal.

No yotube n fb a t alll. Minimal chats.
    Now is 3pm

Posted via CB10
    First I would like to point out that any connection being used to download data is a huge power drain. Streaming from the web or downloading will cut your battery down quick.

Second is any GPS app being used are also a big battery hog due to them wanting to keep the screen lit. If you want just hit the power button and sleep the screen and listen to the instructions.

Third is certain Android apps installed will sporadically pop up in the background even though you forced closed them. (depending on what you mean by that). If you have Android type apps like WAZE or Google Maps for example, their processes can pop back up without you knowing.
    If your going to use these apps make sure you have Cobalt's solution for installing the Google Play Store and keep the "Android Settings " app hotkey'd ready so that you can go though the app section there and force close all android apps that aren't being used. I make sure they are all force closed because any one of them can trigger the Google Play Store process to initiate again and your back with the same problem.

Download Taskmanager so that you can view at any time what apps or processes are active and this will help you pinpoint which apps are rogue apps that drain your battery.

This is how I manage my Passport and I still don't have any issues with my battery life. It's not what it was when I bought it of course but it was new and so was I to BB10 so there were very few apps installed compared to now.

I hope this helps some.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-17-16 07:43 AM
    First I would like to point out that any connection being used to download data is a huge power drain. Streaming from the web or downloading will cut your battery down quick.

Second is any GPS app being used are also a big battery hog due to them wanting to keep the screen lit. If you want just hit the power button and sleep the screen and listen to the instructions.

Posted via CB10
    I dun see any reason to sleep screen when using GPS. As samsung note can using GPS with way longer duration even using smaller battery with larger screen.
    As well as YouTube or download with line is totally less power consumption onsuming in android. Consider very large battery on passport this shouldn't happen. Is it due to worse BlackBerry os?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 09:38 AM
    It doesn't matter what phone you are using - if you are using battery heavy services (i.e. keeping wi-fi on, GPS turned on, Bluetooth, streaming music, etc.) it is going to drain the battery faster than people similar to myself who are light users and keep everything switched *off* unless it's actively being used. I finally plugged my phone in last night (keeping in mind it's initial first full charge on 10/13 at around 6pm) at around 9pm and I was still sitting at around 22%. I have this argument with my wife all the time - she keeps all of her services (i.e. wi-fi, GPS, etc.) on all the time, streams music, is constantly on social media or watching Youtube, and then she complains when she gets less than a day's worth of use out of her battery. I think the harsh reality is that some of you seeing this kind of poor battery life maybe need to realize exactly how much you are staring down at your phones all day I'm sure there are the "work" people where it's somewhat legit, but for most people it's simply like the walking dead when it comes to phones. I'm a born again college student in my 40's and I see it on campus every day - people walking around staring down at their phones completely oblivious to the world around them. I had a girl nearly walk into the front of my bicycle the other day (I'm a big guy, big blue/yellow bike, and I was wearing all hi-viz clothing) and it took me slamming on the brakes and her leg touching my front tire before she realized what was going on. Unplug every once in a while, it won't kill ya
    10-17-16 09:47 AM
    I dun see any reason to sleep screen when using GPS. As samsung note can using GPS with way longer duration even using smaller battery with larger screen.
    As well as YouTube or download with line is totally less power consumption onsuming in android. Consider very large battery on passport this shouldn't happen. Is it due to worse BlackBerry os?

Posted via CB10
    Don't see any intelligent reason here to reply with any intelligent response.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-17-16 10:00 AM
    Before putting on charge.

I guess am a heavy user. 7hr on screen time. And yes No games, with facebook, whatsapp, browser, Utb, CB, and 2 active email.

Survey on passport battery life? ( be honest no boasting)-img_20161017_214936.png

Survey on passport battery life? ( be honest no boasting)-img_20161017_214928.png

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 11:22 AM
    Saw ur logs and it's seem pretty impossible.

Here my logs:

12am battery 100 full when I sleep
    7am morning and the battery on 93
    8am some social media and music stream via bt 83%
    9-1 work with moderate whatapp 65
    1-2 lunch and browse fb with YouTube. 50%
    2-3 using waze for an hour : 20%

Pretty much need recharge d. I understand waze consume a lot. Yet why normail browsing and shandy do consume a lot too?

Note: I'm old BlackBerry user. I know the background app well annd did shut down those unnecessary
    2 except waze I don't have else andriod app
    3 WiFi usage most time and I dun get y my standby isn't good my note5 hardly drop 3% overnight idle

Posted via CB10
    It may seem pretty impossible to you, but my normal day is my normal day as noted in my previous post...
    I gave the comparison of an abnormal day to show the difference - I thought this data might be of interest (or even use) to other people on CrackBerry.

Today I have had a 'normal day' (see my previous post) except that I have spent very little time talking on the phone (estimate only 50-60 minutes as I have been in back-to-back meetings with my phone on silent) and have also read & deleted over 100 emails...
    6.45am 100% charge; 6.45pm (now) 71% charge

Maybe you should try turning Waze and GPS off, rebooting your Passport, and seeing what happens tomorrow.

A friend is a huge fan of Waze (on his Sony Z something) but he does point out that using it halves his battery life...
    10-17-16 12:55 PM
    I am no so happy with battery Life,

But Passport is amazing

Survey on passport battery life? ( be honest no boasting)-img_20161017_145857.png

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 02:59 PM
    My usage being high . My Passport battery lasts for about 8 to 10 hours. Cannot complain at all .

*BlackBerry*Priv  Marshmallow AAG111 on Etisalat 4G Network
    10-17-16 03:05 PM
    Hi Guys,

I have just bought the passport OG last week. Great phone!!
    I would love to hear your honest opinion about my battery life from today. I have unplugged my passport at 6am. I am commuting about an hour to work. During that time I am travelling using tube hence high standby time I guess. Had the same with s7edge. While commuting I am using spotify and reading some articles which I have saved in pocket. Both apps are form playstore. During my work I did reply on some random massages and during the lunch time I was surfing the Web + few small downloads. I finished work with 26% battery life and return back home listening to spotify. Location services off, brightness about 50%. Bluetooth on for my wireless headphones.

Can you please let me know if that is normal as I am a bit disappointed? My s7 edge will last me till 0:00am with this usage.
    I have heard the amazing stories about BlackBerry Passport battery. I am afraid that my used passport got broken battery. I have the newest update.

Thanks,

Survey on passport battery life? ( be honest no boasting)-img_20161017_194147.png
    Survey on passport battery life? ( be honest no boasting)-img_20161017_191042.png

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 05:57 PM
    Typically I charge my att passport every Sunday night. I unplug it Monday at 615am, and it doesn't touch a charger until Tuesday night at 11pm. Note, I always work 12 hour days on Tuesdays and use the heck out of the phone, every day. Then, I'll go from Wednesday at 615 am until Thursday night at 11pm. I then charge it, and unplug it Friday morning at 615am. This charge will last me until SUNDAY night at 10-11 pm. I use it slightly less on weekends. Most times when I charge it Sunday nights, I still have 8-17% battery remaining, typically.
    I keep WiFi off when not on a WiFi network. I keep bluetooth turned on at all times. 4g network connections at all times. I use GPS sporadically, Internet quite frequently. Lots of texting. Medium amount of phone calls. Three email accounts synced, including one corporate account. 75% screen brightness, battery-saver mode on @ 12% remaining.

Love my passport.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Last edited by 85_305; 10-18-16 at 07:52 AM.
    10-17-16 08:03 PM
    it does drain quite fast under heavy useage. It's a brand new original passport, around a week or so old. Mainly Web browsing, YouTube and I also watched 10 episodes through the android app VLC. So quite intensive useage.

Survey on passport battery life? ( be honest no boasting)-img_20161018_123404.png

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 08:36 PM
    Chipset and display type can make a significant difference in battery consumption. Both of which aren't really strengths in the Passport compared to other phones, e.g. Samsung.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-18-16 12:11 AM
    Hi Guys,

I have just bought the passport OG last week. Great phone!!

I would love to hear your honest opinion about my battery life from today. I have unplugged my passport at 6am.....

....I finished work with 26% battery life and return back home listening to spotify. Location services off, brightness about 50%. Bluetooth on for my wireless headphones.

Can you please let me know if that is normal as I am a bit disappointed? My s7 edge will last me till 0:00am with this usage.
    I have heard the amazing stories about BlackBerry Passport battery. I am afraid that my used passport got broken battery. I have the newest update.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have 4G turned on? Having 4G turned on, when somewhere with Zero or Intermittent Signal (eg long tube or rural motorway journey) hammers my battery life.

I don't use Spotify so I can't comment on whether this is a Battery Hog or not, but I know that a lot of Android apps can be (eg Bus London).

If your phone is only a week old, it should have completed all the indexing of your accounts days ago... maybe it is a good idea to give it a quick Soft Reset (eg Press and hold the Power button for more than 10 seconds until the screen turns off).

Please let us know if this is of any help.
    10-18-16 01:26 AM
    For sure certain android apps crush the battery on these. BBM'ing all day will also.
    10-18-16 07:52 AM
81 1234