it's Fairly acceptable consider light usage. Thx for answering

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 10:15 AM
    After two years battery life dropped from an average of 40 hours to around 30, for me that means from 2 days to one and a half. I use 5 emails, watsapp, tapatalk , browsing and 1 hour of music player per day. I am still satisfied with it.
    10-14-16 10:30 AM
    Extremely heavy user. 2 yrs old. Now only get 4 - 6 hrs per charge. Reboot daily
    10-14-16 10:32 AM
    I'm gonna give my honest opinion of a couple of devices. I've had the OG Passport, sold it and switched to Passport SE, then gave that phone to my girlfriend and got a Classic, and now I just bought a new OG Passport a week ago.

With the OG Passport, even now as I write this, it heats up rather quickly on the right side which causes the percentage to drop fast. I barely have any apps, I use my phone to communicate with my girlfriend and a couple family members on Whatsapp. I go on Reddit occasionally, but after a prolonged period of time I notice my phone heating up. The Vine app for BB10 called Whine really heats up the phone fast and kills the battery. I currently use the phone in battery saving mode all the time and it easily gets me through the day with enough battery to last me half of the next day.

Now when I had the Passport SE, the battery was much better. It didn't heat up as fast or much, and I easily made it throughout the day with enough left for some of next day, and that too in normal mode and not in battery saving. In fact I used to use more android apps on my SE and it still wouldn't drain.

The Classic was by far the best in terms of battery life. It was a beast that wouldn't give up so easily. Maybe it was due to the size of the phone and the screen, but either way it was amazing.

Also, I'm running the latest version 10.3.2.2876.

Posted via CB10
    Have the OG since 4 months now, never once had the problem you are describing. In fact a few people complained of the same issue on the SE on other threads, so the issue is not specific to any particular model, it lies somewhere else.

Back to topic, battery life is really good , I have 40-50% battery left after 12 hours of use. (moderate to heavy use)

Posted via The Black Beast-  P A S S P O R T | OG
    10-14-16 10:39 AM
    Survey on passport battery life? ( be honest no boasting)-img_20161014_111930.png

As you can see, I unplugged my phone around 26 hours ago and I still have enough to get through this day. So it really depends on how you use the phone!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 01:21 PM
    Here is mine.

Survey on passport battery life? ( be honest no boasting)-img_20161015_000045.png

Highest is 9hr in a day with one charge.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 01:31 PM
    What app do you use for this tracking? Thanks!
    10-14-16 02:15 PM
    I just received my Passport last night at around 6pm, charged it fully, and as of 320pm today, I'm still at 73%. Now I am *not* a heavy phone user though and even my five year old Samsung Galaxy S4 was giving me nearly two days out of its original battery. I expect my Passport to give me the same at this rate.
    10-14-16 03:20 PM
    How about hubby's analysis
    Survey on passport battery life? ( be honest no boasting)-img_20161014_165409.png

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 03:54 PM
    Average, two days minimum; max 4 days.
    My max, just over three days. Usually about two days. And passport is my main phone. I have no games on it, use it for email, phone calls, hub stuff, crackberry, some browser. The passport is 2 months old, SE model on att.

I usually run it in normal mode and switch to battery save mode when it gets down to 30% or so. I find it helps to feel the right upper corner periodically for heat and to adjust my usage accordingly if I'm just browsing or doing something optional.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-14-16 03:57 PM
    Here is mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161015_000045.png 
Views:	288 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	410046

Highest is 9hr in a day with one charge.

Posted via CB10
    I don't buy that. That app "PhoneAbuser" doesn't account for recharges. It's just how long the screen was on during the day. There's no way you got more than 9 hours screen on time unless you just left it sitting there with the screen on.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 04:02 PM
    I have a running Passport for about a week without charge. Still running...

However...

On normal usage, about 12 hours. With 5 email accounts, 3 other messaging accounts and 7 calendars syncing ranging from 5 mins to 15 mins. WiFi connection with no bluetooth.

On heavy usage, i.e. pretty much constantly on screen typing and browsing away, max 3-4 hours. WiFi connection only.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-14-16 04:04 PM
    Probably about 6 to 7 hours SOT easily. Medium use probably 12 to 15 hours of battery life. That includes business emails, casual you tube and surfing. My concern going to another phone would be can its battery life match the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 04:23 PM
    Mine lost about 15 percent if left overnight. My previous q10 lose only 5-7 per night last time

Posted via CB10
    Probably because of Q10's low clocking processor probably?

via BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    10-14-16 08:51 PM
    Any app to view sot?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 01:29 AM
    What app do you use for this tracking? Thanks!
    It's an App 'Volt' by CellNinja

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 01:49 AM
    I don't buy that. That app "PhoneAbuser" doesn't account for recharges. It's just how long the screen was on during the day. There's no way you got more than 9 hours screen on time unless you just left it sitting there with the screen on.

Posted via CB10
    It's app called 'Volt' by Cellninja. And yes the screen was ON but not idle.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 01:50 AM
    2 and a half months used passport here! I wake up in 9 in the morning and after I get out from home I usually talk a half an hour with my friends and family till 10 o clock that I start work. Then I use it again for about an hour from 16:15 to 17:15 most of that time talking on the phone and around 15-20 minutes surfing on web with a little whatsapp! Then I work again till 11 when I usually punch out and I manage to get home listening to music with around 65-70 % battery left! Sometimes I do not charge it and it gets me through another day!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 02:40 AM
    I often plug it in 2 times / day to charge. Once at 7 am and once at 16.00.
    10-15-16 02:46 AM
    How much day or hour your passport could last on daily basis?
    Please be honest and do not attempt to boast by purposely idle the phone
    Much appreciated

Posted via CB10
    It depends... different things affect the battery life of my Passport (original Passport, acquired January 2015).

Things that significantly reduce battery life for my Passport (in order of significance):
    • Location where signal is non-existent or intermittent (eg tube, motorway, rural locations, some buildings)
    • Having 4G turned on (I keep this turned this turned off as default) - particularly bad if the 4G signal is non-existent or intermittent
    • Having Location Services turned on, again I keep this turned this turned off as default (this is especially battery draining when in my own car, as opposed to many hire cars - I wonder if this is because my car is a barrier to good GPS reception, so the phone has to do more work to get a proper 'fix')

A normal working day with default settings (eg no 4G, no Location Services, Wi-Fi always on, no Bluetooth, Brightness at zero as I usually find it too bright at a higher setting)
    • 6.45am Passport comes off Sync/Charging pod (I always use Bedside Mode) after a >7 hour charge
    • 70 minutes 'underground' commuting (no 3G, but Wi-Fi at stations, so emails, often some WhatsApp, and occasionally BBM)
    • 80 minutes 'above ground' commuting - some of this involves non-existent or intermittent 3G, so some emails & web-browsing
    • 40-60 minutes per day of 'Classic Words Plus' (its similar to Scrabble)
    • 50-250 emails and calendar appointments (200 email gap due to: how close we are to a deadline, how recently a 'do you really need to cc:' reminder email was sent out)
    • c.30 minutes per day of browsing on 3G
    • c.30 minutes per day of browsing on Wi-Fi
    • 45-180 minutes of calls - most of which are on Speakerphone
    • 11.30pm Passport goes onto Sync/Charging pod (Bedside Mode turned on) - Battery at 40-50%

A recent Abnormal Day - eg a normal working day (see above) PLUS an emergency late night dash down the motorway (close relative was emergency admitted to hospital a long way from where I live)
    • All of my usual working day
    • 4 hours on motorway (assume 30% non-existent or intermittent 3G)
    • 4 hours of Location Services turned on, eg using BlackBerry Maps for c.60 minutes (driving in and out of the city, to & from the hospital), and whilst I was waiting in the hospital
    • 90 minutes at rural location with 95% non-existent 3G (every now and then the phone receives a text or missed call notification - and I have to drive to the end of the road to get a consistent 3G signal so I can listen to a vm and/or return a call)
    • 1.30am Passport goes onto charge (Bedside Mode turned on) - Battery at 5% (phone had gone into 'Battery Saving Mode' at 20% battery life)

Note: now that my Passport is quite a bit older (21 months) I am noticing that battery life is nowhere near as good as when it was new. When new, could easily do a 2 day trip (eg 6am Monday to 10pm Tuesday) and the Battery would still be at 20-30% when I got home. Hopefully the battery in my Passport will not have completely 'fallen off a cliff' before I plan to have my next upgrade.

Note2: every now and then the Passport will get noticeably warm and the battery life will be appalling (eg 50% by lunchtime) and in Device Monitor the "System" percentage will be up to 20%-50% (currently at 2.4%) - a reboot and/or soft reset always sorts this out and the phone goes back to the usual battery depletion.

Hope this answers your questions.

NB: definitely the best Smartphone I have ever owned. Very disappointed that I may need to change phones to still be able to use WhatsApp (the social messaging app of choice for friends and family).
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 10-15-16 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typos etc
    10-15-16 08:31 AM
    1-2 days depending on the use. Better than the Priv that has pretty much the same battery size and has a more efficient AMOLED screen. BB10 is a lot more energy efficient than Android
    10-15-16 09:58 AM
    Mine honestly isn't the greatest right now. I'm on the last 10.3.2 release that AT&T pushed out. I would load the latest autoloader but I figure I'll wait till 10.3.3.

It's serviceable though. I start my day at 5:30am and with medium to heavy use I'm down to 40% by 3pm.

Posted via CB10
    i feel sorry for you att OS is ****.
    10-15-16 10:17 AM
    My battery life has always been decent. Around 4-5 hours of SOT. Disappointing considering the size of the battery in this thing.
    10-15-16 10:36 AM
    My battery life has always been decent. Around 4-5 hours of SOT. Disappointing considering the size of the battery in this thing.
    what is SOT?
    10-15-16 10:54 AM
    Very heavy user. Was usually around 20 percent at end of day.
    I just added the BlackBerry flip case and now have 40 percent left at night. The power saver feature really helps

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Low Joe; 10-15-16 at 11:40 AM.
    10-15-16 11:03 AM
81 1234