How do you answer the phone on the Passport?

I don't mean ...how do I press the call icon and put it to my ear and start speaking sort of answer (duh!) What I mean is ....now do I take calls when the phone rings when my Passport is now encased inside a flap over leather folder. It is hardly now a grab and speak phone, is it? It involves picking it up opening up the flap and using both hands to fold back the leather and then speaking. By the time I've doe that the caller has rung off and left a message.

Does anyone have a solution to handle the Passport width for one hand and leather fold over case problem or are you all 'call back' after voicemail users, or do you use earplugs with call answering features on the wire and speak sounding like one of those nutters who speaks to themselves in the streets?

At present, I am loving the Passport (now that you guys helped me to succesfully set up Blend / Link software )but I have still not dared change my main business Sim number over to the Passport in case I find answring the phone as it rings too burdensome on the move. I am still using my old fashioned tiny Blackberry 0S7 device for calling business contacts, and using the Passport Sim for one off occasional private calls I can do at home on loudspeaker.

Your help is ever appreciated.
    07-18-15 10:49 AM
    I think the flip cover does hinder the answering of the phone hence I don't use one. I'm using a Fosman clear case from amazon and I don't run into that issue. The only work around for quick answering would be to use a Bluetooth earpiece or the premium headset as far as I would imagine.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    Susan Parker likes this.
    07-18-15 10:55 AM
    ii would get a wireless headset

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    Susan Parker likes this.
    07-18-15 10:57 AM
    ii would get a wireless headset

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    +1, it will solve all your problems.
    Susan Parker likes this.
    07-18-15 11:06 AM
    Have you by chance tried using the power button, mute key, or volume to see if it answers the phone with cover closed?
    Maybe there's a third party app where you can turn off the assistance thru mute and instead use it to answer and end calls.

Just a thought

Posted via CB10
    Susan Parker likes this.
    07-18-15 11:28 AM
    Do like I do, open the cover slightly to answer the call then close the cover and take the call, my cover does not inhibit calls because it was designed with cut outs for exactly that reason.

Posted via CB10
    Susan Parker likes this.
    07-18-15 11:48 AM
    Thanks guys. I will give the wirekess headset idea some thought for on the move calls. Mostly I am a voicemail and later call back person or I link the phone with car bluetooth to answer the call using the steering wheel button, so the flip cover doesn't tend to hinder most of the time and the loudspeaker function works well too - with recipients hearing very clearly what I am saying if I lay it flat on the desk.

Thanks once again.
    07-18-15 11:59 AM
    How do you answer the phone on the Passport?

I don't mean ...how do I press the call icon and put it to my ear and start speaking sort of answer (duh!) What I mean is ....now do I take calls when the phone rings when my Passport is now encased inside a flap over leather folder. It is hardly now a grab and speak phone, is it? It involves picking it up opening up the flap and using both hands to fold back the leather and then speaking. By the time I've doe that the caller has rung off and left a message.

Does anyone have a solution to handle the Passport width for one hand and leather fold over case problem or are you all 'call back' after voicemail users, or do you use earplugs with call answering features on the wire and speak sounding like one of those nutters who speaks to themselves in the streets?

At present, I am loving the Passport (now that you guys helped me to succesfully set up Blend / Link software )but I have still not dared change my main business Sim number over to the Passport in case I find answring the phone as it rings too burdensome on the move. I am still using my old fashioned tiny Blackberry 0S7 device for calling business contacts, and using the Passport Sim for one off occasional private calls I can do at home on loudspeaker.

Your help is ever appreciated.
    This is what I've done through settings, Tap on phone icon to open phone,,then pull down at the screen top to expose the gear icon/settings,, tap on gear icon to open settings which are just for phone,, Tap on 'Holster' and then activate both actions which are; Answer a Call by Removing Device From Holster (which is exactly the same action as flipping open the cover flap!) and End call by putting device back in holster (which is exactly the same action as flipping the flap closed!) You can see my Ringke Discover leather case in my icon picture, I can pick up the case with one hand and flip the flap open which answers phone and then flip the flap closed to end the call, I just wish I could get it to auto-speaker at same time!
    Susan Parker likes this.
    07-18-15 12:25 PM
    Weird. I've always had a flip case and never considered this a problem. I just pick up the phone with one hand and flick the cover open, answer the call and leave the flap dangling as I talk.

The first time you answer a call I guess you kind of have a "hmm?" moment. Doesn't take too long to develop a technique though.

Posted via CB10
    Susan Parker likes this.
    07-18-15 12:35 PM
    ...I just wish I could get it to auto-speaker at same time!
    This. They need to make this an option. I dial a lot using BlackBerry Assistant as well, and after initiating a call, I still have to reach over and turn on speaker phone.

If I'm dialing via voice it's because I want a hands-free experience, but now I have to use my hands to turn on the speaker.

Makes no sense.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-18-15 03:25 PM