#BendGate
    Never forget the day Crapple fell.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-30-14 10:16 PM
    This X 1000. It's the biggest thing hurting them IMHO. Lack of marketing and relying on word of mouth. Not a great marketing strategy to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, but this time, a large marketing campaign would have hurt them as people would head to website and store to find all supply sold out only angering them and worsening their view of BB. After Bell and Rogers release their supply and everything is restocked then they should roll out a marketing campaign to keep the hype going.
    CDM76 and jojo beaconsfield like this.
    09-30-14 10:57 PM
    Good point. I still upset that they let there own. Website say "sold out". It should show always able to order, just show an extended delivery date BEFORE the order is completed so people know what to expect.

But in end there is ZERO reason BlackBerry own website shows out of stock. Inexcusable in my opinion. Wonder how many sales were lost due to this...

Posted via CB10
    Just TM likes this.
    09-30-14 11:11 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The reason they likely stopped the order process temporarily at Shop BlackBerry. Com is that it they took orders they knew that people would be screaming : "where's my overnight delivery!!"...

Lol

They would have like 500,000 passports in the queue and not be able to fulfill the orders in the one to two days that people now "expect"... so better to "open the lines " when they know they can deliver!!

Human nature.. people want things right now!! ...

Anyway, October 1 many sites will have shipment... until they sell out again!! .. "rinse and repeat" cycle...

Posted via CB10
    StormieTwo likes this.
    09-30-14 11:17 PM
    Like I said.... should have shown expected delivery date " on the site so ppl know would be available at later date.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:54 PM
    this would actually make a good commerical. returning an iphone with all the hipsters and soccer moms in disbelief. then walking out while swiping the passport. probbably more something Samsung would run with.
    I actually really like this idea.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 12:24 AM
    Like I said.... should have shown expected delivery date " on the site so ppl know would be available at later date.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Because then people would bash BlackBerry for having crap shipping and fulfillment. The previous poster is correct. Can't buy you don't expect some bs overnight service or something. Plus it looks better in news articles that they are sold out. Creates the illusion of high demand. It's like apple does with their phones. A Verizon rep said that only like 10 iPhone 6+'s were shipped to Omaha for opening day sales. 10... but many more showed up the next week. It's all a game.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    10-01-14 01:01 AM
    so cool love it op
    10-01-14 01:29 AM
    I realise what the OP is getting at, but isn’t it also astonishing that the iPhone 6 is apparently so popular that sales people are actually surprised that someone would return it sealed? That’s incredible. Glad to hear that the Passport works for you and you’re happy with the purchase!
    10-01-14 03:56 AM
    They need to lose another 25 billion in their stock to wipe that ugly smirk off their face
    This^^^^
    lift and Carl Estes like this.
    10-01-14 05:14 AM
    I went to an Apple store this weekend and most of their staff were standing around doing nothing,a return must really bug them,those new phones are nothing special.
    rarsen likes this.
    10-01-14 06:12 AM
    I am not surprised, the iPhone users get brain washed or something. If you point out a apple defect they laugh and say OMG I love my phone. This actually happened several times over the last year and a half. Another thing I find funny is most BB guys (especially CBers) look forward to OS updates, and there is even the leak crazyness that goes on, not apple people. "you know there is an update for you phone" me, "I'm not downloading I don't want to mess up my phone" them. Well thats what I run into anyway, cracks me up.
    lift, rarsen and CDM76 like this.
    10-01-14 07:16 AM
    One thing Apple does the best though is advertise. Really wish BB wasn't non-existent in this category. Not one commercial for the Passport?? Come on.
    There is more to "advertising" than television commercials. I have seen plenty of advertisements for the Passport on tech websites and even in newspapers, probably where CIOs and COOs and enterprise procurement folks and IT professionals hang out. They're not trying to sell to consumers, and yet, here we are, so is it a failure of their marketing or a huge SUCCESS?

It's fair to say that if soccer moms knew about the Passport, then more would be buying it... but then, there'd be the problem that the Z10 had in that BB10 was too different from iOS and Android (BB10 gestures, not enough apps) that there would be a lot of returns and negative press about it, so better they DON'T advertise tlo broadly until there is a sufficiently broad base of users that are more "durable" than soccer moms w.r.t. tech, and they can iron out some of the wrinkles and provide proper support.

My sister, for example: not a soccer mom... more of a "fashion mom" but relies on her Bold 9900 totally. She was ooohing and aaaahing about the Passport and I advised her to wait for the Classic. I'll be seeing her on Sunday so I'll give her the demo and let her try mine, but I'm sure despite the huge screen and her assurance that she uses her bold 2 handed most of the time, the Classic is still a better choice for her.

Or, maybe, BlackBerry could put a "home" button on one device just as a test, that acts like a "swipe up" and returns to the "Home" screen, and run a bunch of focus groups with non-techies to see if the consumer acceptance rate skyrockets. I bet it would.
    10-01-14 09:36 AM
    I highly doubt that this actually took place. It makes little to no logical sense that many "people in the store" would be paying attention to the OP's transaction other than the salesperson helping him.

Either the OP is telling us a story for the sake of a story or what really happened:
    "I'M HERE TO RETURN MY IPHONE SUCKAZ!!!"
    early2bed, CDM76 and anon(5828343) like this.
    10-01-14 12:35 PM
    Get yo tinfoil hats out, people. It's time.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-01-14 12:37 PM
    I love the 6+!

Passport isn't available in US on a carrier yet, so I got a 6+ with my upgrade (paid under 300 bucks), sold it for a heavy profit, then bought my passport outright the day it launched - with enough left over to pay my $40 upgrade fee and order a screen protectorand a back shield .

THANKS APPLE, LOL!
    10-01-14 12:44 PM
    I've a classic example. Been a iphone user since the iphone 1 till 4S. IMO, those days iphone was clearly the leader in the market with Android OS not matured (I never used the old Blackberries). Since then, I moved to android with Sony which was a great phone and now to BB10 (Z30, best phone in the market right now) Can't think of moving away from BB10 - love the hub, keyboard and the OS in general.

On the other hand, my wife has been using iphone since the Iphone 3 days - just got her the new iphone 6. Even though I hated the look of it, she will not return the phone. She doesnt like my Z30 because it looks ugly (to her) and none of the android phones I showed her appeal to her (HTC M8, S5 etc) The only non-iphone she liked was my Sony Xperia Z1 - but she hates android.

So there you go. I assume most of the iphone users fall into this category. The just buy it because that's all they want. Go figure!!
    scrapmetal58 and BroncoVAL like this.
    10-01-14 12:44 PM
    I am not surprised, the iPhone users get brain washed or something. If you point out a apple defect they laugh and say OMG I love my phone. This actually happened several times over the last year and a half. Another thing I find funny is most BB guys (especially CBers) look forward to OS updates, and there is even the leak crazyness that goes on, not apple people. "you know there is an update for you phone" me, "I'm not downloading I don't want to mess up my phone" them. Well thats what I run into anyway, cracks me up.
    Such a true observation. Now that you've pointed it out.. I remember always being confused why apple users are avoiding updates

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 12:54 PM
    what made you change your mind? is it the bending issue?
    10-01-14 01:01 PM
    The reason they likely stopped the order process temporarily at Shop BlackBerry. Com is that it they took orders they knew that people would be screaming : "where's my overnight delivery!!"...

Lol

They would have like 500,000 passports in the queue and not be able to fulfill the orders in the one to two days that people now "expect"... so better to "open the lines " when they know they can deliver!!

Human nature.. people want things right now!! ...

Anyway, October 1 many sites will have shipment... until they sell out again!! .. "rinse and repeat" cycle...

Posted via CB10
    As far as i'm concern i don't usually want the things right now, but when i'm told "in stock and if you pay double fee for expedited box you'll have it in 2-3 days" then i don't expect an email 24H later to tell me they are out of stock and they'll send it asap.
    It's only called fair interaction with your clients, if it had been clearly stated that i may have to wait at least i wouldn't have expected it in a few days
    It's still an usual procedure for a company like Blackberry to let customers without any updates, and let them check by themselves for some news on forums like Crackberry....
    10-01-14 01:09 PM
    I highly doubt that this actually took place. It makes little to no logical sense that many "people in the store" would be paying attention to the OP's transaction other than the salesperson helping him.

Either the OP is telling us a story for the sake of a story or what really happened:
    "I'M HERE TO RETURN MY IPHONE SUCKAZ!!!"
    Have you ever noticed how many apple retail employees aren't doing anything when you walk in? Or the other way around where there's way too many customers?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-01-14 01:09 PM
    I don't know... to me this whole thing about Apple is absolutely irrelevant.
    I couldn't care less about what they do and why they bought their phones. The iPhone is not a bad device for sure and, just like BlackBerry, it's not for everyone. Some prefer Android, some prefer BlackBerry over them, or Windows Phone. In what way does that affect me as a customer? It's not about what others do, it's about what BlackBerry does, and if that's good, they can and they will succeed. That's why I'm very happy that the Passport is perceived so well, even outside of its dedicated target user group, which is even better.
    BroncoVAL, CDM76 and Tre Lawrence like this.
    10-01-14 01:14 PM
    People think too highly of themselves lool
    10-01-14 02:54 PM
    I can assure you guys that it happened as described. The store was very busy and the store manager was the one who handled the return of the 6+. He told me it would be very complicated and cumbersome to do a return which I found silly. There was a woman standing behind then beside me, looking at the box. She asked me if it was a 6+ I was returning and I said yes. After the refund, I started to walk away and the woman in the store asked the Manager if she could buy the 6+. I didn't hear what he said as I walked away. It felt like a morgue in there when I left. I thought about switching to Apple, that's why I bought the 6+ originally, but I've got BB in my blood and can't part ways with them.
    10-01-14 03:00 PM
    This X 1000. It's the biggest thing hurting them IMHO. Lack of marketing and relying on word of mouth. Not a great marketing strategy to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    ....best to do it this way...allow the underground buzz to bring the hype...at this stage its best that BB continues with this--for now.
    10-01-14 07:01 PM
66 123