I've got the same thing happening to me. Purchased the Passport from Amazon about 14 months ago. Got into contact with BlackBerry, sent logs, but they apparently cannot help me with repairs or replacement because I'm in Australia. They recommended a third party repairer near me and when I got into contact with them they said they can't fix whatever problem I've got. So now I have an expensive paper weight and just waiting for the Priv to arrive officially on Australian shores.
    01-27-16 03:59 AM
    My brother had this issue.

First thing he did was go to TMO and get a new sim. Still nothing.
    Called blackberry, sent logs.
    2 days later they shipped him a warranty replacement.
    Same thing happened with my Passport. Within 3 days I had a new device and I send my old one in and it's being assessed right now. I have to say that their RMA service was top notch.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 07:04 AM
    Been without any network for a week, been using a moto x pure, it's beautiful, fast, vibrant,and the difference in the app layout is unberlievable, speakers are top draw to, don't want to banish the passy but when it's fixed it will be hard to put this down.

Passport to heaven..
    01-30-16 03:46 PM
    My Passport has had no signal since Nov 2015 few days out of warranty I feel the pain I just bought a Q5

Posted via CB10
    02-02-16 08:39 PM
    guys... and likely that the antenna has received a larger signal than it supports and ended up damaging it. this happens in some cases yes and is not the first time I saw it. I received a passport in my care with the same problem, did everything but nothing decided. The biggest problem is not having at hand an electric scheme of the board. I did not think and can not find anywhere in the world or the moon or the nasa in any corner.

I asked for the BlackBerry itself such material and I am awaiting feedback from them, because if I have this material in hand, I can repair.

anybody has full schematic from blackberry poassport??
    Last edited by malluco; 07-05-16 at 01:17 PM.
    07-05-16 01:00 PM
    I had this issue recently.
    I'm convinced it is a carrier issue and not the phone. My carrier is T-Mobile (US). A few weeks ago I was in an airport. I don't recall whether it was Warsaw or Frankfurt. I too had only emergency service and no-email (the network it was on at the time was T-Mobile (EU). I rebooted and also did a hard reboot. I switched from auto find network to manual, turned off wifi, and bluetooth. Nothing solved the problem. However, hours later when I landed in the US, the phone worked perfectly. My business phone (also a Passport), which is on ATT, did not have these problems.

As I've never had this problem before, that the Passport worked after I changed countries, and the only variables was country and network, I'm hard pressed to believe the problem was with the phone.
    07-05-16 07:35 PM
    I'm convinced it is a carrier issue and not the phone. My carrier is T-Mobile (US). A few weeks ago I was in an airport. I don't recall whether it was Warsaw or Frankfurt. I too had only emergency service and no-email (the network it was on at the time was T-Mobile (EU). I rebooted and also did a hard reboot. I switched from auto find network to manual, turned off wifi, and bluetooth. Nothing solved the problem. However, hours later when I landed in the US, the phone worked perfectly. My business phone (also a Passport), which is on ATT, did not have these problems.

As I've never had this problem before, that the Passport worked after I changed countries, and the only variables was country and network, I'm hard pressed to believe the problem was with the phone.
    Its not the carrier, it is the phone, and I suspect it is a faulty sim reader. I was going to change it myself but decided against it when I looked at it. I did however get another passport that was working but not in very good shape physically. I swapped out the motherboards, good one into the Passport body that was in near mint condition, and voila, I now have a working Passport again. So the problem definitely lies on the motherboard, and I am sure it is the sim reader.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    07-05-16 07:52 PM
    Could it also have been the cellular antennae which is built into the motherboard?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 08:09 PM
    Could it also have been the cellular antennae which is built into the motherboard?

Posted via CB10
    I thought of that, but no matter how much searching I did, I couldn't find where the antennae is located or what it looks like. If someone could point me in that direction I'll give it a try on my other passport
    07-05-16 10:43 PM
    http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/bla...port-teardown/

The reason I'm interested is my passport just developed this issue.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by medic_28; 07-06-16 at 10:26 AM.
    07-05-16 10:48 PM

Exactly the same problem, landed in Bangkok,o2 sim wouldn't work, put in thai sim and phone worked for two months. When I got back to england sim wouldn't work again.Tried another that worked for a fortnight then back to emergency calls.
    07-10-16 11:28 AM
    Same happened to my AT&T unlocked Passport when being used on the TELUS network. Nothing but emergency calls only. Very very frustrating. Bought a prepaid Rogers sim card and it works just fine. So either it's a carrier issue or some of the cellular bands physical stopped working.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 11:32 AM
    I wanted to update this post in case anyone is in a similar situation. I called my carrier AT&T. They were unable to help me since the device is out of warranty, by three months. They directed me to Blackberry support for a $35 dollar fee they will start a support case for you. This will open a first level support ticket. At first level support they will do basic trouble shooting. If you have already switched your service to another phone they will be unable to further diagnose the issue. So if you want to go this route make sure you have an active SIM card in your phone.

If they are are unable to call your phone with an active SIM card they will ask you to get a new SIM card before they will be able to help you further. This will be my next step before I call them back tomorrow.

On a side note I called Assurance which is the insurance providor for ATT and my deductable was $199 and since I have had the phone for over a year the deducatable drops to $99 dollars. I have already spent about 6 hours dealing with this plus $35 dollars to open a support ticket with Blackberry. In hind sight I would have been better off just filing the insurance claim.

However, since I am past the point of saving myself time and money I will follow through with this process until I find out what the actual issue is. I have found several other instances where other passport users have had a similar issue but no one has posted a resolution. Below I have include links to these posts.

I have been a Blackberry owner since 2008 and I have never had an issue with any of their phones like this one. I have used GSM phones sinces 2000 and I have never had a SIM card go bad, even though I was traveling a carrying multiple SIM cards and swapping them out not one of those ever went bad. I don't know what the issue is but it is absurd that everyone I have dealt with seems to want me to throw my hands in the air, give up and buy a new phone to replace one that I have paid $700 dollars for that has only lasted 15 months.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...687.1469154237

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-only-1054098/

07-21-16 10:26 PM
    Update:
    Tip #1 If you have to call support make sure you have the Blackberry Virtual Expert app installed before contacting them. You can find this app on the Blackberry App world. It contains a full set of diagnostics tests. Also I was asked multiple times if I was on a wifi network. I don't know if this is required, so I would make sure you are on a wifi network as well.

Today I purchased a new new sim card and month to month plan for my Passport for 45$. I called level one support back and after confirming that I was not able to make or receive phone calls they escalated me to level two support. However I did not have the Blackberry Virtual Expert app installed and I had to wait to connect to a wifi network to call them back.

Upon calling them back I had to go through everything all over again. Finally they had me perform the SIM card removal and insertion tests. Both test passed and instead of having me submit the logs through the app they asked me to take screen shots and send them to a provided email address. They stated that I would be escalated to the next tier of support however they would have to call me back tomorrow because they were gone for the day.

I wasn't aware of the Blackberry Virtual Expert app so my advice is that if you are having an issue try this first before spending the $35 dollars to open a support call. Also the connection quality of the calls to support and the language skills of the service reps is not very good. I would recommend that you, find a very quiet place, speak very slowly and use very plain language. Also it helps to have a level of patience that you might have never exercised before.

At this moment I am waiting for a call back from their next support tier. They have promised to call me back tomorrow which is a Saturday. at their earliest convenience.

Total dollars spent on this so far $35 for support from Blackberry and $45 for new SIM card. Total hours spent on phone with AT&T and Blackberry support about 8. Cost of insurance replacement $99 dollars.

You can see my support forum post here:
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...t/false#M13170
    07-22-16 08:58 PM
    For anyone still having issues please see this post on the Blackberry Community forums.
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...s/td-p/3182922

We are trying to gather as many people together that are having this issue as possible. This is an issue that Blackberry has caused with their software.

If your phone does the same thing that mine does in the video below then you have the same issue...and Blackberry should fix it but they are stating that they do not have a resolution for it. http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037544

Link to YouTube video showing how the call fails:

08-11-16 02:21 PM
    I have the exact same issue. And I don't know what to do

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    11-09-16 05:29 PM
    My Blackberry Passport's network connection has been non-existent or quite sporadic for last three months. Most of the time it said Emergency Calls Only! Of course I could use wi-fi where available but I've been carrying a flip phone around with me so I could get calls since I've had no phone service. Even when my phone said 4GLTE I wasn't able to get internet or phone. Tried security wipe, hard and soft resets, turning airplane mode on and off, replacing Sim card three times. I was worried maybe defective sim tray or antenna problem. T-Mobile suggested reinstalling operating system. I didn't know that a security wipe and reinstalling the Blackberry 10 operating system were not the same. That did the trick-except for indoor my apartment house-which can be corrected with free Cellspot router from T-Mobile. Before reinstalling the OS make sure you have complete backup on Link so you can restore everything when done-apps, photos etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 09:56 AM
    Blackberry users on T-Mobile's network will be experiencing non-service or sporadic service at best till at least Mid-January as the carrier is doing a massive updating of their towers as per their tech support expert I spoke to today. So just changing sim cards, reloading operating systems etc. won't solve any Emergency Calls Only or no network found warnings. Or sometimes I seemed to be on 4GLTE yet no phone or Internet.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 02:10 PM
    I hate to say it, but there seems to be a lot of passports with this problem, but it never was mentioned anywhere, kind of swept under the carpet

Posted via CB10
    01-01-17 08:09 PM
    I have had two Passports do this. Both Passports were bought used. The first one was purchased around January 2015. It started acting up around April 2016. I bought the second Passport around this time and it was great until Dec 28th 2016. I have tried multiple sim cards with no luck. I took the first Passport into Telus , but of course it worked perfectly. By the time I got home however, I had no signal. The only problems I have ever had with BlackBerry phones previous to this was having to replace the trackball on my 8330 about a half dozen times. I loved my Passport. Awesome phone. Now im rolling with a Classic. I cant complain too much. Although I do miss the way the Passports keyboard responded to touch, and swiping up to select predicted words. I keep trying this on my Classic to no avail. lol!
    01-04-17 01:09 AM
    I had the same issue on November. Carrier is AT&T in the US.
    Ended up getting a new phone (had insurance, so got it replaced..only problem is now I have a AT&T branded PP, and not the original unlocked I bought from Amazon.)
    I had tried to work with BB Help, but they could not, and neither could my service provider, AT&T.
    Did a factory default, but that did not help either. So, as I said, had to get a new one
    01-05-17 01:55 PM
    Yup,same issue here. I currently just use my passport as some glorified tablet of sorts. Still hopeful that sooner than never a real solution becomes available. Z30 is my current daily driver. I miss my passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-17 04:08 PM
    Same problem with my passport running 10.3.3.1435 that has developed over the last 24 hours. What OS are you all running? Is this a 10.3.3 issue only or is it affecting 10.3.2. As well? I went to the tmobile store and got a new sim card, to no avail. They say it is the handset.

The area on the right edge of the phone below the volume down button feels a little warm.

I will try and reinstall the radio from 10.3.2. Using sachesi and see if that helps.
    01-22-17 03:18 PM
    Well, heading home this morning. After spending a few days with emergency calls only, the phone seems to be working just fine here. It wasn't working in the other terminal in the airport. Will try sachesi...otherwise it is time to switch handsets.
    01-23-17 06:22 AM
    ...And when I got back it went to emergency calls only mode and wouldn't come back. Used sachesi to install the 10.3.2 radio and did a hard reset without siccess.

Put my sim into the moto E and it works fine. Guess this is the end of the road.
    01-23-17 05:27 PM
80 1234