I don't see how this has 2 pages of replys... it should have been one reply and away you go. People have told you what to do.

1. If you did buy it off your friend you need to get the BlackBerry ID he used last on the phone he needs to sign into it or give you the details once your in then you can change it.

2. If he conveniently doesn't remember or you can't get a hold of him or her you are screwed simple as that.

3. If you did find it on the ground somwhere hand it in. Not saying you stole it or whatever.

There should be no more replies after you see this post it cannot be any clearer than this.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 05:18 PM
    I don't see how this has 2 pages of replys... it should have been one reply and away you go. People have told you what to do.

1. If you did buy it off your friend you need to get the BlackBerry ID he used last on the phone he needs to sign into it or give you the details once your in then you can change it.

2. If he conveniently doesn't remember or you can't get a hold of him or her you are screwed simple as that.

3. If you did find it on the ground somwhere hand it in. Not saying you stole it or whatever.

There should be no more replies after you see this post it cannot be any clearer than this.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.
    07-10-15 05:28 PM
    This sounds fishy. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 07:31 PM
    The more interesting thing is that somebody would actually steal a BlackBerry, amiright?

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    07-10-15 07:53 PM
    The more interesting thing is that somebody would actually steal a BlackBerry, amiright?

Posted via CB10
    Seriously,.. here I thought that's why they kept putting the BlackBerry label so prominently on the devices,.. 'passive anti-theft' tactic.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    07-10-15 08:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    1- i bought from my friend he gave me his id that used to setup this device 1st time. what happend next that i changed email id and set it to mine then when i reset the device it ask me to enter the same old id that my friend have then i revert back the email to that old email which was used to setup this device black (i did reset passwords and i also deleted the old and then recreated the id on the same email that used to setup this device on the first time) what happend is that device anti-theft was on onto this device on old id when i accidentally deleted the old id and recreated the account on the same old id that anti-theft now wont accepting this id here are so many complications i dont know you get my point or not but here its all
    07-11-15 08:52 AM
    I dunno but before you had the BBID change, did you make sure you were connected to the Internet? I think the server haven't sync'ed with it.

Passport | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 | Globe PH
    07-11-15 09:04 AM
    Yes i was connected to the internet properly
    07-11-15 09:08 AM
    call blackberry support, good luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 09:17 AM
    This is all bulls**t. You could ask your "friend" to type in his bbID and wipe phone and then you can use the phone as your phone with your own BBID. Which you don't . Then it's likely stolen, or you found it on the ground.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-11-15 09:22 AM
    This is all bulls**t. You could ask your "friend" to type in his bbID and wipe phone and then you can use the phone as your phone with your own BBID. Which you don't . Then it's likely stolen, or you found it on the ground.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    this explains your newbie level on blackberry (Y) im new to blackberry and here explains your level ridiculously down
    07-11-15 09:29 AM
    Amazing to see all these "seasoned veterans" getting pissed off over someone else's problems.

Comical to say the least.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5.
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    07-11-15 09:58 AM
    this explains your newbie level on blackberry (Y) im new to blackberry and here explains your level ridiculously down
    So it sounds like,
    Your friend gave you all the correct info to set the phone up as your own.
    You did all that, but forgot to go into BlackBerry ID and change everything or during the wipe, the phone/Blackberry some how hung onto the old information of your friends and now it's stuck between your information and the old information?

Reading that correctly?

If so, than you need your friends ID again and their help in getting it fixed.

You'll also need a desktop computer and go to BlackBerry protects Web page.

You need to use your friends ID to get on first.
    Set up a new password and get logged onto the web page.
    Also cancel your account.
    Than wipe the blackberry.
    Turn it one and using their ID log on.
    Turn off all password and security items possible except ID information in settings.

Now wipe the phone again

Go back to desktop and clear out your friends account.

Now go back to phone and start it up using your own information.
    At this point it should all work as though your setting up the phone for the first time.

If at this point your still running into problems get on the phone with BlackBerry and your friend right there. Have your friend purchase information in hand.

They will be able to help you if your friends there and you have the purchase information.

The phones not bricked.
    But you will not be able to use it without the assistance of your friend.

If you can't get your friend to help....
    Than just turn off the phone and use it as a paper weight or coaster.
    As you'll never be able to get past the login ID page.

Do everyone a favor here, including your self.
    Follow the the honest given solutions that everyone has offered here. Most of us have been on BlackBerry for years or on and off for years.
    When we say you can't get past the ID login there's a reason we say it.

You can try to keep digging into information on how to get around that login, but you will not find anything.
    Just follow the advice towards a solution.
    And stop posting as your just going to keep getting hassled.

This thread should be closed by now.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 10:13 AM
    Apparently his "friend" isn't a friend if he can't give him the required information to log in on that device. I think there's more to this story than is being told, honestly.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5.
    07-11-15 10:20 AM
    My advice,

Just explain step by step in clear concise detail what you did to get it where it is at and what you tried. Bullet points or step by step. And we can help identify where the problem is.

You'd an try this number : 877-552-5532 but they will tell you the same.

But at the end of the day, it sounds like the phone is protected by an owner and is not letting you access it. This is by design. The only solution is for the previous owner to allow you access to the device. This cannot be overridden or bypassed - this is a security feature - specifically added to lock down the device in the case of theft.

A BlackBerry is unlike any other device you've owned before. It's the Fort Knox of phones - it doesn't allow you to override it's security no matter what you do .

It's intended that if someone has your phone without your authority in 10.3.2+, they can never access that device or use it ever again. Until you authorize it. At least that's my understanding.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    anon(4086706) and blowfish0 like this.
    07-11-15 12:16 PM
    I have the same problem. I bought my Passport in Thailand where it is not official as no authorized provider nor dealer here. I was stupid enough not knowing that i was deleting the BBID and now what i read all about stolen device which it is not! Please help I paid $600 here in Bangkok and I only used it for 3 days.
    Last edited by Rin Arpasrin; 07-17-15 at 09:27 PM.
    07-17-15 08:59 PM
    I have the same problem. I bought my Passport in Thailand where it is not official as no authorized provider or dealer here. I was stupid enough not knowing that i was deleting the BBID and now i what i read all about stolen device which it is not! Please help I paid $600 here in Bangkok and I only used it for 3 days.
    If you used it for 3 days, then you should be fine.

When you first set it up, what account did you use? Use that account again.

If it doesn't work then you've been using it with someone else's account.

FML
    07-17-15 09:20 PM
    I have a feeling your "friend" isn't honest... you used it for 3 days then it goes black. Because someone smart used the lost stolen function and locked you out of the phone your friend stole

In Squircle I Trust
    Baked likes this.
    07-17-15 09:31 PM
    Well it happened to Bla1ze, the solution is back to your point of purchase they will send you new one

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    07-17-15 09:35 PM
    Hi John,

Thanks so much for responding to my post. Yes i had used it for 3 days with the BBID which was accidentally deleted by me without knowing I did! I was just playing with the device and then learned that it was deleted. I created a new one by using the same email address and question for recovery. But when i tried to put the new ID it was not accepted as the device still says the anti-theft protection is still on. I tried to recall the password for the old ID but it would never get accepted by the device. Thing got worst when I went back to the Vendor I bought the device from, they reformatted the device and it is now nothing in it and it is still saying the same message that the Anti-theft is still on. What should I do?
    07-17-15 09:39 PM
    GP540...sorry I am not referring to any friend!!!! I am a totally different person but having the same problem...if you may please read my message. Million thanks
    07-17-15 09:42 PM
    I am not referring to any friend!!!! I am a totally different person but having the same problem...if you may please read my message. Millions thanks
    Contact BlackBerry support

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    07-17-15 09:45 PM
    I did...thanks usman via the forum...but it is too bad in Thailand there is no official provider. BB no longer operates in Thailand. There are only small vendors in a big IT market.
    07-17-15 09:56 PM
    Are you the same guy from yesterday who stole a passport and said that somehow in your pocket it created a password? Your account was made ten min ago and this is your only post. Not making accusations so I apologize if you're a different person, it could just be a coincidence though. I'm not sure on your issue, however, I would think doing what you did would allow you to use the device.

Posted via CB10
    A lot of us thought the same thing! But again no accusations as we support our crackberians BUT I agree tho it's a multi step process to set a security ID.

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-18-15 07:21 AM
    Funny, when I sold my Passport this week, I decided to deactivate Protect in the phone and removing my phone from the Protect website as well. Then rebooting to make sure Settings didn't report it still on.

Thank goodness my buyer didn't say anything about time getting prompted on.

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2339 | Globe PH
    07-18-15 07:24 AM
55 123