Ugh, unfortunately I have to report that the latest version of Netflix does not work properly even on the phone, forget streaming to TV. The picture is zoomed in and cropped from default and can't be changed. That's very concerning as its very likely that Netflix will soon be unusable on the Passport unless you're running an old APK.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:20 AM
    Ugh, unfortunately I have to report that the latest version of Netflix does not work properly even on the phone, forget streaming to TV. The picture is zoomed in and cropped from default and can't be changed. That's very concerning as its very likely that Netflix will soon be unusable on the Passport unless you're running an old APK.

Posted via CB10
    I got excited and deleted my old netflix then installed using snap on passport, this resulted in what your experiencing now, I have full screen on passport but that's only because the image is super zoomed to fit top and bottom, this results in cutting off the image on the left and right

I'm going to download the apk on my z30 and then send over to passport to install and see if that works

This fixed the problem, now I'm back to having the full image 16:9 on the passport 1:1 screen, meaning there is the black line top and bottom.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:40 AM
    I had Netflix on my Z30 and performed a backup when I migrated to my Passport. After I restored to the new phone, Netflix was on it and displays content in letterboxed 16:9 (the catalog is 1:1). Haven't tried HDMI yet.
    10-15-14 10:47 AM
    I had Netflix on my Z30 and performed a backup when I migrated to my Passport. After I restored to the new phone, Netflix was on it and displays content in letterboxed 16:9 (the catalog is 1:1). Haven't tried HDMI yet.
    This was the same for me but then when I read this thread and someone suggested the new version of netflix supported full screen so I got excited and deleted the one from the restore and installed new on passport, this cause the zoomed in screen, yes it's full screen but not full image, I understand full screen on the device won't happen without this, but I was hoping it allowed full screen through miracast, it doesnt.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:51 AM
    The Netflix on the Amazon appstore works on the Passport. If you downloaded it on another phone,it will be in the cloud section of Apps.

I have the slimport cable and it seems to work like the Q10.

In regards to screen zoomed, try the top swipe and see if your Android app is zoomed in or out. There is also a button to zoom in or out in the bottom right corner of the app.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 306222
    10-15-14 10:51 AM
    There must be some work around that will let you at least fill in the tv screen that you are streaming to. Almost half my screen is unused.

Edit-. I found the play on setting in the media player and it goes full screen. Netflix is a no go though.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 01:18 AM
    I wish someone who said Slimport does allow the Passport to switch aspect ratio's for output would just share an image of their set up.

Full screen video output for Android apps is one of the first things I added to the ICanMakeItBetter site. Was met with enthusiasm, but never followed up on. It just makes so much sense to give us some way to force output to only the external display for example, so there isn't a conflict with the 1:1 ratio of the phone.

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    10-18-14 01:27 AM
    16:9 mirroring to external hdmi on the passport only works in the video player with "play on" option and in powerpoint presentations.
    The latter works flawlessly like a gem. I did a few mirroring to three large screens simultaneously in front of an audience of 300 people using the touch keyboard to advance the slides.

It does not work in the browser when you live stream a tv channel because the browser does not have the "play on" option.
    Playing with the display option in settings does not help.

I assume the same goes for netflix. I don't watch netflix, so I don't know for sure.
    I hope they'll add" play on" to the browser in 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 02:19 AM
    Can you post the version number or even extract it and post the apk?
    Last edited by spiculated; 10-18-14 at 03:21 AM.
    10-18-14 02:44 AM
    16:9 mirroring to external hdmi on the passport only works in the video player with "play on" option and in powerpoint presentations.
    The latter works flawlessly like a gem. I did a few mirroring to three large screens simultaneously in front of an audience of 300 people using the touch keyboard to advance the slides.

It does not work in the browser when you live stream a tv channel because the browser does not have the "play on" option.

I assume the same goes for netflix. I don't watch netflix, so I don't know for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Play on can also be used when viewing Youtube videos, in case anyone is curious. It works when using miracast and slimport to hdmi.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    10-18-14 07:11 AM
    I have a Question for BlackBerry users? playing video with netflix is that only in 1:1 full screen. or is it adjustable? like to see a screenshot if it is adjustable in normal view

The second question: playing netflix on TV with hdmi cable will that be normal width screen of also 1:1 ?

I asking because kids like to watch there series on tv when we go out to friends, family or a hotel.
    The version of Netflix before the most recent update formats the video fine on the passport. Delete the version you have and try this one.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!gIpQhAbZ!RtvZxo...Dj3sH_23bPXkLM

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    I find I get playon support in the browser. For example if I use the showbox app to stream movies, I play them through the browser and I can use playon, also youtube supports playon. Also when I stream from my Seagate wireless plus hard drive using the app that goes with it, the video plays though the browser which again shows the playon.

Haven't tried live streaming sports yet though.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:48 AM
    Can you post the version number or even extract it and post the apk?
    3.7.1 (code 1711)

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome PASSPORT(!) 2BDDB50E
    spiculated likes this.
    10-18-14 02:49 PM
    I find I get playon support in the browser. For example if I use the showbox app to stream movies, I play them through the browser and I can use playon, also youtube supports playon. Also when I stream from my Seagate wireless plus hard drive using the app that goes with it, the video plays though the browser which again shows the playon.

Haven't tried live streaming sports yet though.

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean web browser or file browser? I don't see the PlayOn option with streaming via the web Browser and Flash.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 02:53 PM
    The version of Netflix before the most recent update formats the video fine on the passport. Delete the version you have and try this one.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, this actually works. Thanks for posting.

Posted via CB10
    ssb16 likes this.
    10-18-14 03:42 PM
    Streaming Netflix on Passport-img_20141019_001032.png

Thanks works great

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 05:16 PM
    I wish someone who said Slimport does allow the Passport to switch aspect ratio's for output would just share an image of their set up.

Full screen video output for Android apps is one of the first things I added to the ICanMakeItBetter site. Was met with enthusiasm, but never followed up on. It just makes so much sense to give us some way to force output to only the external display for example, so there isn't a conflict with the 1:1 ratio of the phone.

BlackBerry 10 signed @ C0007CC89
    I have a slimport adapter. It just mirrors your phone. I fool around with my tv settings to get it bigger but it does not fill up my whole tv screen

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 06:13 PM
    My wife & I have Q10's and have tried multiple ways to use the 'Play On' feature in the Netflix App to stream on our TV. 'Play On' works in the BlackBerry Videos App, and the Browser for things like YouTube, which streams a 16:9 image to the TV, but not in the Android Netflix App.

If it works on a previous version of Netflix, I hope it does? My Netflix plays full screen on the Q10, in 1:1 Ratio with the sides of the video cut off, but full screen... The image stays mirrored on HDMI out, in 1:1 Ratio, sides cut off.

I assume the previous version of Netflix people are talking about, plays the full video, in 16:9 with black bars top and bottom.

I also have the Pioneer App Radio 2 in my Ford Escape, with an in Dash Android Compatible Car Receiver with 7" Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen, Built-In Bluetooth and Mic for�Phone Calls. I have always used it for Google Maps GPS, BlackBerry Assistant, and my kids like pre loaded Movies or Netflix on long drives. I have the Parking By Pass Installed shhh

I have 10.3.0.1418 installed...

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that link! So glad I can watch it properly now

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-18-14 07:34 PM
    Is nobody here the least bit concerned about the fact that we're SOL as far as Netflix goes as soon as an update is made to the Amazon Netflix app? Also, most individuals don't have access to Amazon Netflix, so what are they supposed to do? Looks as though Netflix is now officially unsupported on the Passport. That's just fabulous. One step forward, two steps back.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:39 AM
    Have you actually tried this?

Just to be clear, do you mean to say that if I use slim port, I will get full 16:9 picture on my TV??

I have not tried slim port but figured it was no different than micro hdmi and the q10. When I used netflix on q10 and connected to TV with micro hdmi, I would get a small square screen on my TV with a small 16:9 image inside the square, from there I would zoom using TV settings to stretch out the image but it would never fit the entire screen

Posted via CB10

Why not buy a Chromecast (small and cheap) and control Netflix that way? Forget that cable.
    10-19-14 04:09 AM
    Do you mean web browser or file browser? I don't see the PlayOn option with streaming via the web Browser and Flash.

Posted via CB10
    Web browser. First you have to click the icon in the corner of the video to play the video full screen, then in the bottom corner the full screen will allow playon.

Streaming Netflix on Passport-img_20141019_111659.png

Streaming Netflix on Passport-img_20141019_111710.png

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 10:18 AM
    Why not buy a Chromecast (small and cheap) and control Netflix that way? Forget that cable.
    Do you have a link to a good Chromecast that doesn't lag when streaming video? Tks!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:23 PM
    Do you have a link to a good Chromecast that doesn't lag when streaming video? Tks!

Posted via CB10
    I use netgear ptv3000 and it works great but doesn't stream netflix with full screen 16:9, it just mirrors passport screen but there's no lag since the passport has wifi 802.11ac

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 02:48 PM
    I use netgear ptv3000 and it works great but doesn't stream netflix with full screen 16:9, it just mirrors passport screen but there's no lag since the passport has wifi 802.11ac

Posted via CB10
    Cool I'll look into it. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 11:31 PM
61 123