I've read a few threads about the emergency calls only mode, and being stuck in it. Since the weekend my phone has been stuck in emergency calls only mode at home...and I used to get strong reception. While walking to work and about a block from my house I get cell reception again, and maintain it while at work (maybe 1km from my house). On Monday I was actually able to send one and receive one call somehow. I've had my red Passport since it came out and always got great reception. Thoughts?

It's probably unrelated, but I'm also finding that the WiFi stops working, pages won't load and videos stop playing...and I have to turn off and back on the WiFi on my phone. Far too often.

There's no way the phone is still under warranty, so if it's an antenna issue how expensive/difficult a fix might it be?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 07:50 PM
    Sorry to say but it sounds like the same problem I had a couple of months back. It's a faulty sim card tray. I had to RMA it with BlackBerry and they sent me a new phone. Their support was surprisingly efficient and good! I had a new phone within 3 days.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 08:27 PM
    I take it your phone was still under warranty? I don't think that's an option for me. It's been 16 months since I got mine. I could get a sim card tray from eBay and give it a shot...

How was your phone behaving?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 09:32 PM
    Yes it was still under warranty but you could contact them and see if they'll honour the warranty. Doesn't hurt to try.

I wasn't able to get a proper cell signal. It was intermittent and then eventually only the emergency call icon would show. I tried different sim cards from friends with different providers and still nothing.

Good luck with what you do. It's quite a frustrating problem to have.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 10:29 PM
    Funny, my phone since last week has been on emergency calling only. And it doesn't matter where I go. I've been on the phone with blackberry tech support for about 4 hrs on 2 seperate calls. I'm expecting another callback this afternoon since none of their other fixes have helped.

I'll see what their reply is since my phone is also out of warranty.
    03-11-16 11:16 AM
    Funny, my phone since last week has been on emergency calling only. And it doesn't matter where I go. I've been on the phone with blackberry tech support for about 4 hrs on 2 seperate calls. I'm expecting another callback this afternoon since none of their other fixes have helped.

I'll see what their reply is since my phone is also out of warranty.
    Welcome to the club.... not sure what to do since mine is out of warranty as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 01:41 PM
    Welcome to the club.... not sure what to do since mine is out of warranty as well.

Posted via CB10
    I was offered a repair price of $260.

They would send me an empty box and I'd have to ship off my phone for repairs.
    No timeline was given for how long I'd be down without a phone.
    Anyways, guess I'm shopping for a new phone.
    03-12-16 12:41 AM
    I'm going to be looking at paying to have mine fixed...I just can't justify the price of a new Priv. Sadly, my emergency calls only problem isn't the end of it. I dropped my phone on Friday and shattered the glass. My screen protector is still allowing me to use it for surfing. Won't be cheap repairs I assume. =/

Luckily I still have my trusty Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 10:10 PM
    Dammit I have the same problem. That's going to turn out to be an expansive phone, mine is out of warranty too.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 05:51 PM
    My phone always seems to now say emergency calls only also but I unlock it and things go back to normal and work fine? It's damn annoying anyhow and I am not sure if I miss any calls when it says emergency calls only

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 08:43 AM
    You miss calls for sure when in emergency only.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 02:31 PM
    Same here out of warranty

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    11-09-16 05:31 PM
    My Blackberry Passport's network connection has been non-existent or quite sporadic for last three months. Most of the time it said Emergency Calls Only! Of course I could use wi-fi where available but I've been carrying a flip phone around with me so I could get calls since I've had no phone service. Even when my phone said 4GLTE I wasn't able to get internet or phone. Tried security wipe, hard and soft resets, turning airplane mode on and off, replacing Sim card three times. I was worried maybe defective sim tray or antenna problem. T-Mobile suggested reinstalling operating system. I didn't know that a security wipe and reinstalling the Blackberry 10 operating system were not the same. That did the trick-except for indoor my apartment house-which can be corrected with free Cellspot router from T-Mobile. Before reinstalling the OS make sure you have complete backup on Link so you can restore everything when done-apps, photos etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 09:55 AM
    Blackberry users on T-Mobile's network will be experiencing non-service or sporadic service at best till at least Mid-January as the carrier is doing a massive updating of their towers as per their tech support expert I spoke to today. So just changing sim cards, reloading operating systems etc. won't solve any Emergency Calls Only or no network found warnings. Or sometimes I seemed to be on 4GLTE yet no phone or Internet.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 02:11 PM
    I've been having the same problem for the past few months on my AT&T branded Passport. The warranty is out, so I doubt there's anything that cann be done.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 11:20 PM
    I experienced the same issue for the past few days No more warranty and i do not know what to do.
    11-21-16 08:36 AM
    I get a text that says "the terminal can't be configured remotely" So today I'm visiting the mobile company again.

I'll let you guys know if I can find a way around this
    11-21-16 10:01 AM
    Sweet
    11-21-16 08:02 PM