I have my email on Outlook.com, and I set it up on my Passport using MS Exchange Active Sync. I get my emails, and I get email notifications, both sound and LED, but when I open Notifications in Settings and try to customise them for email, I get a greyed-out slider and the message that I need to set up an email account in order to customise notifications.

Why does the Hub recognise my email account, but the rest of the OS doesn't?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    11-23-14 01:37 PM
    Sounds like either a bug in the OS version or some kind of glitch..

What OS version are you running?

Did you try to remove and re-add the account?
    11-23-14 02:38 PM
    I agree I would remove and re-add the account or try a hard reset and see what happens. Sounds like just a glitch

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 03:39 PM
    I'm running 10.3.0.1418, the latest official release. I deleted the email account, did a hard reset, re-added the account, did a hard reset again, and the glitch still persists.

What's worse, if I set my Facebook notifications to silent, my email notifications become silent as well. I'm scratching my head over this - I wonder what else is flaky.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    11-23-14 04:27 PM
    I cannot test this as I don't have Exchange. But it might be that an Exchange Active Sync account doesn't show under email, but under a different name as a different app....as Exchange typically is not email "only".

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 05:25 PM