I recently snagged a 128 gb sd from ebay, branded as SanDisk class 10. The card is visible to my PC via the included holder, and I copied a bit. Over 15 gb files to it. I can see the files and play them or display them via the win 8.1 desktop. However, once I insert the card in the passport, the phone goes into heavy cpu process, and file manager can't switch to different items, eg dropbox, sd and device. I let it run overnight, and the phone got hot, with high cpu utilization. In BlackBerry link, the sd capacity shows up, but files aren't visible, with link reporting 'undetermined error '. The sd card showed up ok out of the box, but I used the adapter to move files due to volume.
    Anyone else seeing this sort of behavior?

Posted on my Passport to the future
    06-08-15 11:42 AM
    How much did you pay for it?

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    06-08-15 11:46 AM
    How much did you pay for it?

Posted via CB10
    This is key. If you paid any less than $100 you were scammed
    06-08-15 11:48 AM
    Is this card formatted in NTFS or FAT32. If it is NTFS you will have to change that.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 05:47 PM
    When I transferred over the 64GB card from my Q10 to my Passport, a significant number of photos were no longer visible. It was unfortunate.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 05:55 PM
    Had the same problem with mine. Formatted it while in my Passport and then all was good. It seems that a new or old card for that matter only work properly while formatted while in the phone. When I moved from Q10 to Passport I just popped my SD card in thinking all would be good, well the SD card was all screwy, so saved everything on my computer then formatted the card in the Passport, and put everything back onto the card and all was fine. Hopefully that helps ya out.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 05:57 PM
    Is this card formatted in NTFS or FAT32. If it is NTFS you will have to change that.

Posted via CB10
    If the card is not exFAT you're sort of hooped. FAT32 is just a workaround but it's not going to be good for you in the long term.
    06-08-15 06:01 PM
    The card is formatted as exFAT. As indicated in original post, all the files are visible and accessible on the windows PC. I'll try reformatting, but FAT isn't a choice on the PC.

Posted on my Passport to the future
    06-08-15 06:44 PM
    formatting the card on the phone will also install the file structure as well (the 8 or 9 folders which the device expects).
    06-08-15 06:54 PM
    formatting the card on the phone will also install the file structure as well (the 8 or 9 folders which the device expects).
    Is the file structure for non-exFAT and FAT32 cards the same (the "default" folders that is)? I'm just curious, I mean, I didn't notice the default folders that the OS wrote when I installed my 32GB and when I replaced it with a 64GB card.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 11:01 PM
    the files and folders are the same either way. You could open the card up on your PC and make a backup of it, then reformat, and then re-install from your backup and you could not tell the difference.
    07-07-15 11:00 AM
    I'm also having odd behaviour with this same card as well where my music access is delayed about 30sec up to minute before my mp3 plays!
    07-07-15 11:15 AM
    It is risky buying memory cards on ebay for "good deals".

For stuff like that, I like to buy it in person from a big box store. At least I can see what I'm buying, I'm reasonably certain it is legit and I do have recourse if anything goes wrong. I am paying a bit of a premium at times (though not always, especially if there are sales on), but I don't like messing around when it comes to technology.

Anyway, to answer your question, I believe there is a chance you got scammed. Best to return it, try to get your money back and buy something legit.
    07-07-15 11:49 AM
    It is risky buying memory cards on ebay for "good deals".

For stuff like that, I like to buy it in person from a big box store. At least I can see what I'm buying, I'm reasonably certain it is legit and I do have recourse if anything goes wrong. I am paying a bit of a premium at times (though not always, especially if there are sales on), but I don't like messing around when it comes to technology.

Anyway, to answer your question, I believe there is a chance you got scammed. Best to return it, try to get your money back and buy something legit.
    This is a new passport and never had any issues prior to this second passport!
    07-07-15 03:51 PM
    He's saying your 128gb card is a fake. Scammers will flash a 16gb card as a 128gb card to sell for more money. Your devices will have trouble reading from them, and your files will get corrupted.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 03:54 PM
    OP, can you post an image of the packaging, proof of purchase label would be fantastic.

You haven't answered how much you payed for it.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-07-15 04:04 PM