So I've been using this Q10 since I was forced to get a new phone after I shattered my Z10 & ive been pretty content. I have a few issues with my Q10 keyboard & also my headphone jack is just pushing out any cable I put in there with any small motion to the cable. Bottom line, I need a new phone.

I've had my eyes on the Passport for a while now & I want to hear from BlackBerry Passport users if they'd still purchase a Passport this day(can you see yourself using the phone for another 2 years?). Or from anyone else who HAS/HASN'T owned it, do you think it'd still be worth getting or wait for BlackBerry to push something else out? & not the Priv. Thanks for any opinions.

Posted via CB10
    Intense Soul likes this.
    10-07-15 05:24 PM
    Don't buy it if you don't want to be overwhelmed with the power and awesomeness of this machine!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 05:43 PM
    Apparently for 90% people it is all about apps gap. I do have PP since January 2015 and I can live without most android apps. The one bare-bone 2-3 I cant do without, I have from Amazon already. But then am not a big stockist of even native apps.
    The only time I see myself not using PP will be when they take away android runtime in future updates. I definitely see myself buying another Passport in 2017 if even status quo is maintained.
    I am sure you must have read the actual users have to say about PP. They are not off the mark by wide margins.
    sirxdaniel likes this.
    10-07-15 05:56 PM
    The negatives I've experienced center around how apps deal with the screen form factor and the paranoia around water and dirt. Otherwise, the last several months have been a decided improvement over my old z10. We have every platform in the family - daughter with iPhone, wife with Sam galaxy, son with a windows phone. My daughter and wife are whining about being near shutdown while I am at 70% battery with comparable use level (but with more aggressive power management) . Running with 8 hub accounts for email and messaging, again with different refresh intervals chosen based on what I use account for. Accounts I use for registration are manual refresh, as they have been spam magnets. Those shared with close friends have short intervals.
    App thing is largely a nonissue after installing Cobalt's Google play store. The apps I've had issues with have been a problem on the Sam as well.

Posted on my Passport to the future
    sirxdaniel likes this.
    10-07-15 06:17 PM
    Thanks for the info guys.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 06:24 PM
    The negatives I've experienced center around how apps deal with the screen form factor and the paranoia around water and dirt. Otherwise, the last several months have been a decided improvement over my old z10. We have every platform in the family - daughter with iPhone, wife with Sam galaxy, son with a windows phone. My daughter and wife are whining about being near shutdown while I am at 70% battery with comparable use level (but with more aggressive power management) . Running with 8 hub accounts for email and messaging, again with different refresh intervals chosen based on what I use account for. Accounts I use for registration are manual refresh, as they have been spam magnets. Those shared with close friends have short intervals.
    App thing is largely a nonissue after installing Cobalt's Google play store. The apps I've had issues with have been a problem on the Sam as well.

Yeah I don't think the app gap is that much of a big deal for me..but once more apps do come over to BlackBerry it will just be a PLUS. What's is Cobalt's Google play store?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 06:25 PM
    I am using a Q10 now. Looking at the passport too. If you can, wait till the shop BlackBerry Black Friday or the Christmas sale. I am sure the passports price will be reduced substantially. That's what I am waiting for.

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 and bigjman like this.
    10-07-15 06:26 PM
    I am using a Q10 now. Looking at the passport too. If you can, wait till the shop BlackBerry Black Friday or the Christmas sale. I am sure the passports price will be reduced substantially. That's what I am waiting for.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I was really asking because I'm kind of closing in on a deal for an AT&T Passport that's only been used for 4 months I think I'm going to buy it..jst wanted to see others opinions

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 06:30 PM
    Yeah I was really asking because I'm kind of closing in on a deal for an AT&T Passport that's only been used for 4 months I think I'm going to buy it..jst wanted to see others opinions

Posted via CB10
    It's a great phone, I am a little anxious to get it. The at and t passport won't be available through shop BlackBerry so I guess it doesn't matter. Keep an eye out for the possible "screen lifting issue" make sure the screen is okay. Good luck and let us know if you buy it.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 06:33 PM
    So I've been using this Q10 since I was forced to get a new phone after I shattered my Z10 & ive been pretty content. I have a few issues with my Q10 keyboard & also my headphone jack is just pushing out any cable I put in there with any small motion to the cable. Bottom line, I need a new phone.

I've had my eyes on the Passport for a while now & I want to hear from BlackBerry Passport users if they'd still purchase a Passport this day(can you see yourself using the phone for another 2 years?). Or from anyone else who HAS/HASN'T owned it, do you think it'd still be worth getting or wait for BlackBerry to push something else out? & not the Priv. Thanks for any opinions.

Posted via CB10
    Are U insane!!!!!! Passport is the best hardware of all time!! No other mfc has come close to such a marvelous phone. I was leery of the screen shape but now appreciate it's genius. I was worried the width of the PKB was excessive but after a brief time using it, it's is like second nature. My focus is reading and typing and there is none that can surpass the Passport. Unless you are a, Gotta have the latest greatest, so you can brag, the pp will take you through 3 years unless there is some massive improvement in that 5G comes out or there is a major and dramatic UI change. I may buy another one when the price drops to $150. Got mine for $350 used and unlocked, I simply love this phone and many strangers who see me with it in public say how cool it looks and their mouth drops when I ay its a BB because they don't know BB is still in business because if they dont see it at their local carrier it doesn't exist.
    sirxdaniel likes this.
    10-07-15 06:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Me too. I have the itch for a new BlackBerry so I'm going to buy a Leap. That will hold me over til Black Friday.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 08:05 PM
    Hehehe. Pure awesomeness. Can't believe it's so good.

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    sirxdaniel likes this.
    10-07-15 08:17 PM
    He'll yeah! I have the original Passport and have been itching for the new.

Do It!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 08:54 PM
    But not should you buy it, you should buy mine.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-07-15 08:57 PM
    Me too. I have the itch for a new BlackBerry so I'm going to buy a Leap. That will hold me over til Black Friday.

Posted via CB10
    I had the Leap for a few weeks, I sold it. I didn't like it and it is a notch lower than the Z30 which I also owned. It's a mid tier device and the speaker is not that good. Maybe you will like it.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    10-07-15 09:11 PM
    He'll yeah! I have the original Passport and have been itching for the new.

Do It!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you haha might just do that

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 09:35 PM
    Absolutely. The specs are still up to date for the most part and it's guaranteed to be supported by blackberry for a while longer seeing as the silver edition was released pretty recently. The passport has been my favorite BlackBerry device to date. It's just so damn useful!

Sent from my Passport
    sirxdaniel likes this.
    10-08-15 12:15 AM
    I had a Q10 too and was more than happy with it. But since the Passport was released, I was obsessed with it. So few weeks ago I bought one on Ebay. I don't regret it ! This phone is awesome.

I liked the portability of the Q10 more than anything, but I just learned to use and to carry my phone differently. We always adapt anyway.
    sirxdaniel likes this.
    10-08-15 12:53 AM
    Yes. It is still worth it. Whatever 'it' is, yes.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 02:00 AM
    Around 10 months I have it and still love it!

With all those doubts about a future BB10 device, I may get another PP as my next phone (maybe the silver edition to get a mini change).

All in all, I'm not a big app user, so that's not a deal breaker for me.
    The Passport is a beast even for my little hands.

Hopefully we saw another BB10 in the future, if not: I can live with a Passport yet for few years!

Posted via CB10
    sirxdaniel likes this.
    10-08-15 02:49 AM
    I may get another PP as my next phone (maybe the silver edition to get a mini change).
    Exactly what I had in mind, they say Camera is marginally better on silver edition. My 10 month old original passport still have 1 more year in it.
    10-08-15 05:52 AM
    Yeah I don't think the app gap is that much of a big deal for me..but once more apps do come over to BlackBerry it will just be a PLUS. What's is Cobalt's Google play store?

Posted via CB10
    Search the forum for "Cobolt", link included below
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Install process painless if a bit clunky, the apps work. There are workaround and fix articles for getting reluctant apps to work. I suppose it's a sad commentary on politics of technology that the packages aren't in BlackBerry world. The developer has certainly earned my respect and support. We

sirxdaniel likes this.
    10-08-15 07:18 AM
    Update: I'm buying the AT&T Passport this week. All those stories of how great it is convinced me! Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 01:28 PM
    I just received my Passport ♥
    And unless this phone stops working, it's the last phone I intend to buy.. it's that great!!

- posted with my amazing  Passport ♥
    10-12-15 03:52 PM
    The Passport SE is selling pretty fast at Amazon Germany. At least 6 within one day. You can watch this by the number of devices they have in stock. There is pretty much flux.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 03:59 PM
28 12