following the latest news from whatsapp, does it still make sense to buy a passport (i was looking forward to buying one) or should i simply buy an android instead because OS10 is not likely to survive much longer?
    It is not just one app that will stop supporting OS10, there are many that already do not do so, and since bb has now an android phone, it seems like they might want to give up OS10 completely!
    03-08-16 07:09 AM
    If you're so worried about whatsapp and app craps, get an android. Or priv. That'd suit you.
    03-08-16 07:14 AM
    it is not like i am worried about apps in general. whatsapp is the only app i heavily rely on. i am more concerned with how long os10 will be alive, considering bb has launched an android phone in order to keep up with the market
    03-08-16 07:20 AM
    Whatsapp will work on any BB10 device for a long time, even with no support. You could even install the android version from Google Play, that'll guarantee even more.

The BB10 itself, just like its predecessor, the BBOS that has long been deemed dead for 5 years but turns out still working and functional just fine to this day (I know because I own a Playbook and a 9810), will live for many, many years. Prospectively even longer than BBOS. Even with no new device coming up for a year or two. It's still remain to be seen, but I'll hold on to my ever useful Passport, Q10 and Playbook until they break, and then I will buy another Passport (SE this time) and Playbook.
    03-08-16 07:44 AM
    Passport is a great device but if you're a must have apps person the Priv might be better suited for you.
    03-08-16 11:03 AM
    Short answer: If you want one, definitely buy one

Long answer: It's the best phone for getting things done in my opinion. The 'app gap' really isn't an issue since Snap and the Amazon market place exist.
    The keyboard and Hub integration on the Passport is far superior to the Priv. I also much prefer the browser layout on BB10 compared to Chrome.

But hey, let's not let this become another BB10 vs Android debate. Buy the phone you see yourself using best, the passport will be going strong for good while.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 11:34 AM
    Do you really want to use a phone for more than a year? Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 11:06 AM
    I love my  Passport and it's square screen. Rectangular phones seem strange to me now.

As for apps, there are patched Google Play services (search the forums), Amazon marketplace, Snap, and BlackBerry World. There also the best-in-class Web browser for everything else.

Posted via CB10 from my  Passport
    04-09-16 05:03 PM
    I love my  Passport and it's square screen. Rectangular phones seem strange to me now.

As for apps, there are patched Google Play services (search the forums), Amazon marketplace, Snap, and BlackBerry World. There also the best-in-class Web browser for everything else.

Posted via CB10 from my  Passport
    I agree with what is said. I find it so useful to be able to play some form of media (such as youtube) on one browser tab and still be able to seamlessly listen to it on another tab, or even in another app!

Passport
    04-09-16 11:44 PM
    I have always found the passport to be a great phone for business or someone wanting a bit of a more serious phone. However for someone who wants more android apps I would suggest a priv. Otherwise the Passport is a darn good phone.
    04-09-16 11:59 PM