When BlackBerry launched the Z3 first and exclusive in Indonesia, I thought the Passport will also come sooner after it was officially launched. But even as of today, the Passport is nowhere to be seen here in Indonesia.

I'm hoping to try out the Passport first, try out the keyboard and feel its dimension in my hand, before I decide whether to buy it or not. Usually, there were lots of local shops who placed BlackBerry phones on the demo table for consumers to try them out, but now it's a scarce view to be found as Android phones (Samsung in particular) dominates the demo tables. And as the time is ticking, I haven't heard rumors or see promotional posters about the Passport at any local shops, and not even at official BlackBerry shops. For a country where BlackBerry once reigned supreme, this is quite a stark situation for a BlackBerry fan like me.

I have no doubt the Passport is one of BlackBerry's smartphones to take the company back to the top, and I have little doubt John Chen actually forgotten Indonesia as one of BlackBerry's key country to bolster the company's slow but steady come back, so where's the Passport?

Have anyone heard when the Passport will launch in Indonesia?
    10-24-14 06:45 AM
    Hopefully soon, can you not order one online and have it shipped to u?? I reckon by Dec time, most countries will have the passport on sale.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 06:57 AM
    You guys got Z3. Wish Z3 was here I would buy them for Christmas presents.
    10-24-14 07:09 AM
    Will cost 3 or 4 times what the Z3 costs so maybe that's why,lol
    10-24-14 07:25 AM
    i am also waiting for it
    Joe Clean likes this.
    10-24-14 12:40 PM
    Hopefully soon, can you not order one online and have it shipped to u?? I reckon by Dec time, most countries will have the passport on sale.
    I haven't try it out yet, like I said in my original post: I want to feel it in my hands first.

Unfortunately for me, when December comes, so does other needs arise which will suck my wallet so thin that I can fry it and becomes like a potato chip for snack.
    10-24-14 11:43 PM
    You guys got Z3. Wish Z3 was here I would buy them for Christmas presents.
    Z3 is not actually that good, well unless if you like the old Curve, then probably the Z3 is suitable for you. Just read the CB's review of the Z3, it's a good read to know what the pros and cons of having a Z3.
    And even afterwards you still want the Z3, it's quite cheap enough to justify for you to buy it online without trying it out first before hand.
    10-24-14 11:46 PM
    Will cost 3 or 4 times what the Z3 costs so maybe that's why,lol
    Cost (for Blackberry) to make it, or costs (for consumers) to buy it?

PS: what's that crazy John Chen picture you're using as your profile picture?
    10-24-14 11:47 PM
    "..suck my wallet so thin that I can fry it and becomes like a potato chip for snack." Ah, ancient asian idioms and proverbs, full of mystery...so ethereal and yet, so profound.
    10-26-14 05:53 AM
    After waiting for a month for the Passport i just bought another mobile phone. I guess i'll take a look at BlackBerry offers two years from now (if BlackBerry will be here and will still sell mobile phones).

Sent via iPad using Tapatalk
    10-26-14 06:36 AM
    "..suck my wallet so thin that I can fry it and becomes like a potato chip for snack." Ah, ancient asian idioms and proverbs, full of mystery...so ethereal and yet, so profound.
    I actually wanted to write "kripik tempe", but then I think it would only crack Indonesian readers.
    10-26-14 08:37 AM
    I went to the blackberry store the other week, asking about the Passport. The guy said it's just almost getting there for the launch, we'll meet this beast in November, and the price will be between IDR 8-8.5 million (USD 699).

It's worth the wait dude, trust me. I'm waiting for it too..

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 08:40 AM
    After waiting for a month for the Passport i just bought another mobile phone. I guess i'll take a look at BlackBerry offers two years from now (if BlackBerry will be here and will still sell mobile phones).
    What kind of phone did you get?
    The Passport is so not like the other smartphones on the market, it's physically different from the rest to make it instantly stands out in the crowd, personally that's why I'm still waiting for the Passport.
    10-26-14 08:41 AM
    I went to the blackberry store the other week, asking about the Passport. The guy said it's just almost getting there for the launch, we'll meet this beast in November, and the price will be between IDR 8-8.5 million (USD 699).

It's worth the wait dude, trust me. I'm waiting for it too..
    Seriously, November? I hope I can make it to Jakarta and get one (usually it takes longer time for new models to reach small towns).
    Which BlackBerry official store did you visit?

Give me a high five, we're both waiting for the Passport.
    10-26-14 08:45 AM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I can sympathize with the OP.. Its a problem ... People want to check it out in person before buying ..

Demand has been so strong that it has been quickly aelling out since Launch day so even stores dont have for the most part even demo models ..

Hopefully BlackBerry will ramp up Passport production to meet demand.

Its an amazing phone and i am sure you will love it when it finally arrives there,
    Joe Clean likes this.
    10-26-14 08:53 AM
    I can sympathize with the OP.. Its a problem ... People want to check it out in person before buying ..

Demand has been so strong that it has been quickly aelling out since Launch day so even stores dont have for the most part even demo models ..

Hopefully BlackBerry will ramp up Passport production to meet demand.

Its an amazing phone and i am sure you will love it when it finally arrives there,
    Hear, hear.

Let's hope the Passport propels BlackBerry to one of the top smartphone makers, again.

Can't wait for it to arrive here.
    10-26-14 12:16 PM
    Still waiting for a Passport-img-20141031-00056_zpsc4e9053e.jpg

Just see the above ad in Kompas newspaper, finally the Passport is coming to Indonesia.

Plus, a free Luminox watch.
    10-30-14 10:36 PM