At first I thought it was my velour suit, and Mars Blackman glasses...but no..it was the Passport.

Ok joking aside I find it hilarious that people often comment and say how cool the Passport is STILL. They then usually go on to bad mouth their iOS or Android device and ask how to get this OG.
    The next time I see them it's the same pattern.
    It's the apps. Duh we all know the story. I'm just venting and noticing what a failed opportunity.
    I think if they were somehow able to engineer an android version due to its size, battery, and keys it would be great.
    Since they are giving up on the OS, they should at least keep the form factor.
    Please we all know that making apps fit this screen iss apparently impossible as, like, y'know, that takes effort and whom buys these things alike anyway? Like omg, old people? Whateves....

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 06:47 AM
    Ok.... whatever.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-23-16 07:07 AM
    Did they amazed and go buy the passport?
    08-23-16 07:08 AM
    Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 07:49 AM
    I got amazed and bought two Passport SEs.

Posted via CB10
    Gebo and LyoobaBerry like this.
    08-23-16 01:24 PM
    Well of course not! I did see a Priv in the wild today. And ya can't get too much more wild than NY Civil Court.
    Of course that makes 3, between the store, a litigant and 1 court officer.
    I still think I have the only Passport in the greater NYC area.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 03:33 PM
    All the sales people where I work love my PP but they say they need more apps otherwise they would get it.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    08-23-16 03:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Only two? That's not the BerrySoul that I know.

*C5303
    08-23-16 04:22 PM
    Well of course not! I did see a Priv in the wild today. And ya can't get too much more wild than NY Civil Court.
    Of course that makes 3, between the store, a litigant and 1 court officer.
    I still think I have the only Passport in the greater NYC area.

Posted via CB10
    Brooklyn in the house!
    08-23-16 10:35 PM
    Brooklyn in the house!
    Fishkill, NY checking in!
    08-24-16 08:27 AM
    I think the point is they're amazed by the hardware form factor, and I completely agree. I've had the same reaction several times since owning the Passport, and I'm sure most PP owners have experienced it. It definitely looks different than your average slab, regardless of OS.

I'd kill to know how many iPhone users would jump on the Passport form factor if Apple released one. Never gonna happen, I know, but I'd be curious for sure.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-24-16 05:39 PM
    I think people mostly get surprised by the form factor.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-24-16 07:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    So did I.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    08-24-16 09:06 PM
    I think people mostly get surprised by the form factor.
    There is no doubt of that... but the question is how many would buy it? It one thing when they are admiring it at work and don't want to offend you, it's another thing when they are really considering buying a new phone.

Was it BB10 and the lack of apps that held people back?
    Was it the BlackBerry brand?
    Or was it in the end the size and form factor just didn't "fit"?

What is clear, is that it was the best BB10 device ever made.... but I still think an all touch version would have outsold it 2 to 1.
    08-25-16 07:55 AM
    I've had my PP for almost 2 years, and for the most part I like it. I was a longtime BlackBerry user, then went to ios, then came back to BlackBerry when the PP came out. Although certainly unique among devices, I'm probably headed back to ios on the next one. More and more it's looking like BlackBerry is going to abandon BB10, and not come out with a PP replacement. I'm not a fan of android at all. I was sure hoping the company could rejuvenate itself with offerings like the PP, but that hasn't happened.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 08:12 AM
    So did I.
    I got three

and influenced 4 more people in getting one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Priv by BlackBerry
    08-25-16 01:18 PM
    There is no doubt of that... but the question is how many would buy it? It one thing when they are admiring it at work and don't want to offend you, it's another thing when they are really considering buying a new phone.

What is clear, is that it was the best BB10 device ever made.... but I still think an all touch version would have outsold it 2 to 1.
    None of them.

What held BlackBerry back was the pace of their innovation. They got too comfortable in what they were doing and the whole consumer market for smartphones took off without them.
    08-25-16 10:14 PM
    None of them.

What held BlackBerry back was the pace of their innovation. They got too comfortable in what they were doing and the whole consumer market for smartphones took off without them.
    I think it had more to do with the the "marriage and divorce" of Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie. You can get the entire story in the book "Losing the Signal" which is a great read if you are a true Crackberrian.
    08-26-16 04:43 AM

Can you imagine the Passport footprint without the keyboard and all screen?!!! I think you're right. That would have been as popular as the physical keyboard Passport.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    08-26-16 01:48 PM
    If it was all touch, I wouldn't of bought one. (that's only one less sold though) lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 11:29 PM
    I think the point is they're amazed by the hardware form factor, and I completely agree. I've had the same reaction several times since owning the Passport, and I'm sure most PP owners have experienced it. It definitely looks different than your average slab, regardless of OS.

I'd kill to know how many iPhone users would jump on the Passport form factor if Apple released one. Never gonna happen, I know, but I'd be curious for sure.
    We have iPhone 6 plus s. I moved to passport a few days ago. I prefer the passport even though the bb app store is quite weak. At least there's Amazon, plus I used the cobalt app to get Google play store.
    08-27-16 10:20 PM