10-03-15 08:44 PM
55 123
tools
    Lemme tell ya, while I do experience the double-typing from time to time, this is still far and away the best pkb phone, ever. I bought the LG G3 (which has a lot of the same specs and even some better), thinking that would be my main phone and the PP would be my backup. But after a few days with android and no pkb, I really was missing BlackBerry. So I pretty much just use the G3 as a tablet and the PP remains my daily driver. Main reasons:

typing speed with physical keys and flick to type
    the wideness factor, it truly makes reading easier
    reader mode for Web pages with voice, so I can work at the same time
    the hub, of course, although your Z10 has it too. It simply must be experienced on the PP because it is accessible using the keyboard
    you can tie shortcuts to each key
    camera speed was improved in latest updates
    dat battery life, tho

But to get both sides of it you should watch this video on what "sucks" about the Passport:

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    08-21-15 08:45 AM
    You're probably right. I wish we had actual statistics.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 08:52 AM
    just replaced my z30 with a passport two weeks ago, best decision i've made in a while
    08-21-15 10:44 AM
    just replaced my z30 with a passport two weeks ago, best decision i've made in a while
    No regrets? I did the same thing just a few days ago... but so far so good!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 11:12 AM
    I'm contemplating making a purchase of a new Passport. I currently have a Z30 and I've been happy with it but kind of itching for a change.

Lately I've been reading a bit more about people being displeased about the Passport. Specifically the screen-lifting problem.

I'm not concerned about the productivity of the device. The reviews of CB users and reviews in the media speak highly of the device.

Any feedback would be appreciated as to your experiences, good and/or bad, with the Passport.

Maybe also include how long you've had your Passport for.

Cheers!

Posted via CB 10 on my  Z30.
    Ive goon thru so far three 4 bbos10 devices, Q10, Z30, and 2 passports. My first Passport I got the week of launch and the second one about a month ago.

Due to wear and tear of the first one I decided to get an entirely new Passport due to cosmetic reasons. However, I have not had any issues whatsoever despite what alot of our forum members have mentioned. I have a gel case now on my Passport and is protected from wear and tear.

I use and buy devices as they launch and due to sale factors I like to keep my devices looking somewhat new. Cant wait for the upcoming BBOS10 venice.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-21-15 11:25 AM
    No regrets? I did the same thing just a few days ago... but so far so good!

Posted via CB10
    No regrets. I paid off my Z30 (big red), cut ties, went to AT&T and as of today, won't go back. AT&T has had a bad reputation in my area for some time now but honestly my LTE is faster (could be the phone too) and my coverage is excellent.
    08-21-15 01:55 PM
    Still love mine, it's like having a micro-laptop in my pocket which is extremely useful as an IT professional. Awkward for 1 handed use though, definitely a 2 fister

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    08-21-15 03:35 PM
    Wholeheartedly and without hesitation recommended. It's an absolute beast of a phone and the battery life is phenomenal.

Don't worry about screen lift, it only happens if you bend your phone e.g. by sitting on it or squatting down with it in a front pocket.

Posted via Passport. It's hip to be square.
    08-22-15 09:03 AM
    YES - would definitely recommend.

I've had mine for 7 months now, and I'm notoriously rough on kit (eg drop my phones a lot) and it's still going strong.

After one 'mega-drop' (6 foot onto marble tiles etc) the swipe to wake did seem to become more sensitive, so I've turned that off now, and just use the power button to wake instead.

The keyboard is still fantastic (best I've ever used on a phone or PDA).

I've never had any of the screen lifting or bending issues - then again, I never carry my phone in a trouser pocket. Haven't suffered from double typing either.

Go get yourself a Passport, I doubt you'll be disappointed.
    08-22-15 10:53 AM
    I went from Z30 to Passport about ten months ago. I usually upgrade every year. I'm not so sure I'd get the slider because the Passport is so great.

I've had NO issues with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-22-15 11:05 AM
  11. Tubagus Tebegaya TralalaTrilili's Avatar
    Best phone I ever had...

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 11:34 PM
    The Passport is the best phone on the market, period. I went from ATT PP to Red unlocked to Silver last week. Silver is amazing and I couldn't be happier with PP.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 03:31 AM
    Could not find a better one on current market. Love my silver passport!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 04:13 AM
    I just updated from a Z30 to a passport yesterday and I couldn't be happier! You will notice a substantial difference across the board.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 08:55 AM
    100%! Within a few days your z30 will feel awkward (like any other device) passport is the best out there

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 09:04 AM
    bbinburlington,

I have a Z30 I got in November 2013 from Bell. This week, Bell dropped the price of a Passport from $249.99 to $99.99 so I couldn't resist and made the switch from the Z30 to the Passport. I also got a $50 credit from Bell, so I figured the upgrade was a steal. I've had it for about two days now and here is what I've found:

Positives:
    -solid keyboard with similar swipe gestures like on the Z30's virtual keyboard (ie. swipe backwards to erase, swipe down for symbols)
    -superior battery life! Easily power through a full day. With my Z30, I had to be somewhat careful to make it through a day, but often would.
    -very sharp and bright screen

Negatives:
    -larger size inhibits one handed use. No more just whipping out the phone with one hand
    -physical keyboard will take getting used to. I am very much faster on the Z30's virtual keyboard by a longshot!

So I've been trying to limit my data use to under 50MB to keep the phone returnable, but I think I'm leaning now towards keeping it. I hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    I use mine one hand often

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 09:57 AM
    I have the passport and never an issue with it. Put on the stick-on leather flip cover and with extreme use everyday, I am at 30% battery at end of day. No screen lifting issues, no battery issues etc. Came from the note 2 and missed the screen size and ratio for a while but having this keyboard makes my 100+ texts and emails a breeze to work through. Thought I'd use the assistant more but I don't. I find typing is so fast with physical keys and 99.7% of the time I do not have mistakes in the typed words I send out. If I do make a mistake, it's actually ME that made it, not the phone!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 10:57 AM
    How long have you had the leather flip cover for? Is it showing any signs of wear at all? Cracks?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 11:02 AM
    How long have you had the leather flip cover for? Is it showing any signs of wear at all? Cracks?

Posted via CB10
    I have the oem flip case for a few month. No issues no wear only where it bends on the side but that is normal. Beautiful slim cases

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 11:17 AM
    I have had my Z30 for about a year and my passport for only about a week, but in that short week I have experienced the most amazing phone I have ever had in my hands. I absolutely love the Passport (loved the Z30 too). Going back to a physical keyboard, and the moving between physical and virtual keyboards, takes some getting used to but you will have it down in no time.

There will always be a percentage of all tech hardware, irrespective of the manufacturer, that will experience physical issues and defects. That is what a manufacturers warranty is intended to protect the consumer against and why manufacturers must offer one in most countries. I wouldn't let the issues that some BlackBerry users have experienced stop you from buying a truly incredible phone. CrackBerry is a good forum for those having problems/issues with their phones. Those with problems/issues will generally be over-represented on this type of site and may give readers a false impression of just how widespread certain problems/issues are.
    08-29-15 11:27 AM
    I have 60 Passports in my company (I switched the entire company from iPhones to BlackBerry Passports. We've had only defective device in the past year. It was replaced in 5 days. None of them have anything around the screen lift issue that some have commented on.

Best decision we made on technology. It's an outstanding device.

The new silver edition is also great looking in person. Much better than the photos.

If you have questions, then message me.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 05:07 PM
    Yes highly recommend this device.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 05:10 PM
    I'm contemplating making a purchase of a new Passport. I currently have a Z30 and I've been happy with it but kind of itching for a change.

Lately I've been reading a bit more about people being displeased about the Passport. Specifically the screen-lifting problem.

I'm not concerned about the productivity of the device. The reviews of CB users and reviews in the media speak highly of the device.

Any feedback would be appreciated as to your experiences, good and/or bad, with the Passport.

Maybe also include how long you've had your Passport for.

Cheers!

Posted via CB 10 on my  Z30.
    Sure not why not! Great device...got mine on launch day...still love it. BTW...Burlington Ontario or Vermont?
    08-29-15 05:27 PM
    I love BB and have had them for years. I love the PP but I am not so much in love with BB10. I am actually contemplating selling all my BB stuff for now. I am not sure if mine is just slow or if its the PP. Great phone but I guess I miss the feel of the Bold.
    08-31-15 07:34 AM
    I love BB and have had them for years. I love the PP but I am not so much in love with BB10. I am actually contemplating selling all my BB stuff for now. I am not sure if mine is just slow or if its the PP. Great phone but I guess I miss the feel of the Bold.
    Have you considered the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 08:09 AM
55 123