10-03-15 08:44 PM
55 123
tools
    I'm contemplating making a purchase of a new Passport. I currently have a Z30 and I've been happy with it but kind of itching for a change.

Lately I've been reading a bit more about people being displeased about the Passport. Specifically the screen-lifting problem.

I'm not concerned about the productivity of the device. The reviews of CB users and reviews in the media speak highly of the device.

Any feedback would be appreciated as to your experiences, good and/or bad, with the Passport.

Maybe also include how long you've had your Passport for.

Cheers!

Posted via CB 10 on my  Z30.
    08-20-15 10:44 PM
    Got mine at launch event. Love it. It's great.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 10:46 PM
    Also bought one for me and my wife at launch and both are perfect. Best phone I've ever had. My wife loves hers also. I say go for it.
    08-20-15 10:51 PM
    Dec 2014, no issues with my black original Passport except for one thing! Startin to get the itch to order the Silver SE edition. No complaints! Best BlackBerry phone I have ever had. No lag, can view alot more at once as the screen is Big! Already on my second holster. What do you expect for $10! Full body Ghost Armor was applied after the Xmas Holidays. Changed the color a few times. Had Blue, then Gunsmoke but finally had the black over black installed. You wont regret this purchase but the most important advice I can pass on is it feels very different on day one! By day 7 most people are comfortable with it, some earlier and I even heard it took some people two weeks to get the 100% feel! Enjoy!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-20-15 10:56 PM
    But it retail if you could. That's what I did with the Passport and Z10. No problem at all the last half year of using.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    08-20-15 11:26 PM
    Wholeheartedly! This phone is a beast! Gorgeous screen, amazing battery life, great camera, awesome loud and clear speakers, that unique capacitive touch enabled physical keyboard and great call quality.

Jump right ahead and get it! Did I mention that amazing battery life?

Posted from my  Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    zlatno and pat-wallace like this.
    08-20-15 11:40 PM
    Battery life was reason enough to prompt the switch for me from the appalling z10 experience.

 вιaсĸвεггч PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-20-15 11:55 PM
    bbinburlington,

I have a Z30 I got in November 2013 from Bell. This week, Bell dropped the price of a Passport from $249.99 to $99.99 so I couldn't resist and made the switch from the Z30 to the Passport. I also got a $50 credit from Bell, so I figured the upgrade was a steal. I've had it for about two days now and here is what I've found:

Positives:
    -solid keyboard with similar swipe gestures like on the Z30's virtual keyboard (ie. swipe backwards to erase, swipe down for symbols)
    -superior battery life! Easily power through a full day. With my Z30, I had to be somewhat careful to make it through a day, but often would.
    -very sharp and bright screen

Negatives:
    -larger size inhibits one handed use. No more just whipping out the phone with one hand
    -physical keyboard will take getting used to. I am very much faster on the Z30's virtual keyboard by a longshot!

So I've been trying to limit my data use to under 50MB to keep the phone returnable, but I think I'm leaning now towards keeping it. I hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 11:57 PM
    You should balance your reading a bit, by reading a bit more from people who are having positive experience.
    08-21-15 01:43 AM
    Since Nov last year. No screen lift. Not one problem. Not even a tiny one. Go for it.
    Khoon Pheng Lim likes this.
    08-21-15 01:49 AM
    The passport is a wonderful phone overall, but I would only purchase one if a) you don't plan on carrying it tight pockets and b) you purchase it from a good retailer who will exchange or repair it for you if it develops issues. I would estimate that the screen lift issue is affecting 10 - 20pc of handsets (just a guess based on forum posts), so it's important to have access to good aftersales support.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 02:13 AM
    No. If you live outside the US, run as far as possible from BlackBerry. **** support and customer support, trust me, you'll be better off not getting a Passport because your screen may lift.

Posted via CB10
    int19 likes this.
    08-21-15 03:28 AM
    No. If you live outside the US, run as far as possible from BlackBerry. **** support and customer support, trust me, you'll be better off not getting a Passport because your screen may lift.

Posted via CB10
    Bull! I live n breathe in Indonesia and I bought the Passport AND the Z10 For the last 6 months without any problem AT ALL! I bought them retail, complete with distributor warranty and services have been fabulous.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 08-21-15 at 03:59 AM.
    08-21-15 03:40 AM
    I have it since beg of October, no issue at all, go ahead! You will be absolutely pleased!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    08-21-15 04:21 AM
    I also had a Z30 and decided on a Passport, I absolutely love this device and the typing experience. As for the screen lifting, I have no idea what they are talking about.

Posted via my incredible Passport
    zlatno and miker476 like this.
    08-21-15 04:46 AM
    I should say that, besides from the lack of support from BlackBerry, it is probably the best phone I've ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 04:49 AM
    I would still buy one. Just bought the SE Passport, and I love it.
    Only beef I have with it is the lack of voicemail notification on the screen. You need to manually check the hub to see if you have voicemails.
    The positives are too numerous to mention. The gorgeous screen, insane battery life, and BB Blend are three that stand out as productivity plus's.
    zlatno likes this.
    08-21-15 05:52 AM
    Great Phone ,get a holster and enjoy it.
    08-21-15 06:43 AM
    I use both. Z30 on BES and Passport for personal/side business. The only knock against Passport is coffee is one hand and typing in another while I'm walking to my next meeting.

I've never experience a screen lift or double typing.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    zlatno likes this.
    08-21-15 06:48 AM
    I'm torn as well. The Passport on Telus is down to $100 and the new Telus store in Bayers Lake (Halifax) has a grand opening special where you get $100 off, so the phone would be free. But I am really interested in the Slider since I loved my Torch. Arrrrrgghhh, I don't know what to do!
    08-21-15 07:07 AM
    Got the Silver Edition PP and gave the original PP to my son (whom I love so dearly). So yeah, I would say go for it if you can afford it.
    08-21-15 08:10 AM
    Took me 1-2 weeks before I fully adjusted to the Passport keyboard.
    08-21-15 08:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    I live in Croatia and know a few people with BB's (Z30, Passport and Classics). No one has complained about anything. They ALL love it.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-21-15 08:15 AM
    The passport is a wonderful phone overall, but I would only purchase one if a) you don't plan on carrying it tight pockets and b) you purchase it from a good retailer who will exchange or repair it for you if it develops issues. I would estimate that the screen lift issue is affecting 10 - 20pc of handsets (just a guess based on forum posts), so it's important to have access to good aftersales support.

Posted via CB10
    10-20pcs based on forum posts. Are you kidding me? I nominate this post as MAP (Most Anal Post) of this thread.
    acovey likes this.
    08-21-15 08:17 AM
    I got it pretty recently and can with complete honesty; don't plan on watching videos on it very much. It might be a great screen, but widescreen videos are about as big as they were on an iphone 4. It's fine for youtube, but actual TV viewing strains my eyes after awhile.

Other than that, it's the best phone I've ever used

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 08:41 AM
55 123