When it looked like bb10 would die, I just kind of decided to just enjoy the ride and use the Passport for a while, as long as it stays useful to me. I figured I would just wait to decide what to do next when my Passport was two years old.

I have to say, I love this phone. I installed Google Play Store and have all the apps I need (with a couple of app issues here and there) and overall, it is just a great experience.

I hope BlackBerry will keep occasionally updating the software and maybe even come out with a new hardware revision at some point, but at this point, it's just working well.

I also bought a nice Lumia phone recently and I am amazed at how much better bb10 is, even though WP looks so nice.
    BlackBerry 10 is just so much more powerful.

Posted via CB10
    martinjdub and gugomat like this.
    03-21-16 06:06 PM
    I love bb10 too. So sad that they're going to discontinued. I need to win powerball so I can support bb10!
    03-21-16 06:23 PM
    How did you install Google Play?

Sent from my awesome Z30
    03-21-16 06:41 PM
    Passport is the best phone

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 06:44 PM
    Same here. I have the original Passport, AT&T version, and now the SE. Bought the Priv and decided I like the Passport more which motivated me to get the SE. Will ride this car as long as it takes me. The phone just works.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 06:55 PM
    Same for me, still enjoying my 15 months old passport and will keep it as long as I can.
    And time will tell if I'll buy another one when that one die.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 08:18 PM
    If you don't have FB and don't rely too much on apps, there is no reason for you not to like Passport...

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 08:19 PM
    The Passport is awesome. So is the Classic for that matter. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.
    03-21-16 08:39 PM
    I love my Passport and though I rarely care to see the newest phones, which I know their OS is inferior to BB10, I can't help but admire how some of them look.. but it still is not enough for me to have second thoughts about this phone. I am barely past the 1 year mark with my Passport and so I will get another and hopefully use it for as long as I can.
    The keyboard is heaven!
    03-21-16 09:09 PM
    If you don't have FB and don't rely too much on apps, there is no reason for you not to like Passport...

Posted via CB10
    I do have FaceBook, which I do not rely on much. And of course I love my Passport

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 01:24 AM
    Still rocking Big Red. I can't see anything out there to replace my Passport. I am going to copy all my Facebook friend's birthdays this weekend to my calendar and say adios to Facebook. Don't need it.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 09:39 AM
    I'm with you... every time I think I need to switch to the Priv or something else... this phone just comes back to make me love it more. It just does everything so well. Especially after the runtime update, my android apps run better than ever. I have one of the original phones from the launch in 14' and this thing is a tank, the battery never let's me down and pretty much zero issues with the phone

on the road with my BlackBerry
    03-22-16 10:10 PM
    Best device ever!

Posted via Passport running 10.3.2.2876
    03-22-16 10:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    The number of apps a person needs isn't the issue. You can probably run over a half million apps on a passport.
    The question is: are all of the apps you need available and working? Do they need additional tinkering to get working properly?

That's the issue with BB10

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 09:32 PM
    The Passport and BlackBerry 10 are still great and will be for a while. There haven't been any real innovations with devices aside from the unique BlackBerry designs, so unless something crazy mind blowing comes out, BlackBerry 10 devices are perfectly well equipped to meet people's needs for at least 2 or even 3 more years.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-04-16 02:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Even if you do like Facebook and rely on apps, the Passport is still a great phone. I use Face10 for Facebook, works great, and thanks to Cobalt, I have every app I've ever used and they work great. I've read on here about others having problems with some Android apps like Spotify, but I've been lucky, they have all worked great on my Passport SE. I tried the Priv, took it back after 3 days, no point in having to suffer with Android when I can get all the same apps on my Passport and get to enjoy BB10 on a fantastic phone like the Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 10:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is why I love the Passport still. I don't have Facebook, and the only apps not by BlackBerry that I have are... CB10. Other than that, weather and twitter are by BlackBerry haha and they work fine (though I do look forward to whatever the twitter app update is coming this month).

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 03:31 PM
    This is why I love the Passport still. I don't have Facebook, and the only apps not by BlackBerry that I have are... CB10. Other than that, weather and twitter are by BlackBerry haha and they work fine (though I do look forward to whatever the twitter app update is coming this month).

Posted via CB10
    Wow. No 3rd party apps?
    I love my Passport, but quite a few apps are great for my experience ( ClipMan, Scan to Text Pro, bPod, Shortlink, NSR Reader, Browsie and a couple others).

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    04-04-16 03:37 PM
    I feel the same way, I want to enjoy the Passport even if BlackBerry is going under. I just don know if I should buy one now. Are they going to put one more one out or is that it. I'm not the type of person to just buy the lasted phones, but the silver passport is a weakness.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 04:08 PM