My double typing issue didn't go away after the latest AT&T update. For a long time, the letter n has been intermittenly double typing. Occassionaly some of my other keys will double type, but the letter n seems to be the most frequent.

I did a simple test. In the body of an email, I typed the letter n 10 times and hit the return key and hit the n key 10 times again. Out of 20 tries, I got the double n 6 times. Lines 2, 3, 4, 8, 11 and 19 had 11 to 13 n's.

I'm planning to move over to the KEYone, hopefully there won't be any issues with that keyboard. I've been a BlackBerry user for over 10 years with physical keyboards and the Passport is the only keyboard that's given me trouble.

My device is an AT&T Passport. I've been on it for just over 2 years now. The update was through BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 02:31 AM
    If your the only one or a member of a select few with this problem. Ever considered it is just your hardware. Sounds like you got sticky keys to me

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-15-17 04:29 AM
    Have you ever take your phone to the beach? I have a hunch mine was caused by the sand before I got a replacement. That was a long time ago though.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 08:50 AM
    I always thought there was something wrong with my keyboard but from what others were reporting, the problem was corrected with an OS update. Since AT&T never released an update until a few days ago, I just put up with the double typing issue.

The update does seem to reduce how often the double typing is occuring, but the problem hasn't been completely eliminated.

I've been to the beach a few times with my phone, but it's always in a sealed bag to prevent exposure to sand. I'm not sure what I will do with my passport when I switch to the KEYone. Probably not worth the time or effort to replace the keyboard if it is a hardware issue at this point.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 09:38 AM