With the Passport, BlackBerry has basically invented a brand new form-factor. But the question is, are you going to stick with it, or will you try different form-factors in the future? And if you're a fan of this form-factor, are you hoping for a direct Passport successor (ie. identical shape and size with improved hardware & software) or are you looking for modifications on the general Passport idea -- ie. slimmer, bigger...etc

As for myself, having come from a typical rectangular touch-screen devices, I don't see myself returning to the slab form-factor. I think I will probably look to remain with the Passport form-factor and certainly look for improvements (both hardware and software). I am open to slight modifications...ie. making it slimmer and lighter but maybe also slightly bigger. But they have to retain the square format...I just love that.

To me this is already a micro-laptop and I think BB could probably expand on this premise.
    03-26-15 02:03 PM
    Passport form factor is good for me and I expect to stay with it (with or without any minor modifications).

Like everything else in life this form factor is a mixture of pluses & minuses
    - I really like that I no longer have to carry a tablet to be able to review spreadsheets and various daily reports that I receive
    - I'm not so happy in that I can no longer (predictive) type one-handed
    anon1727506 likes this.
    03-26-15 02:29 PM
    I really like this form factor. I have used two sliders, Torch 9800 & 9810, and then moved on to and loved my Z10. The Passport is the best of all I have used thus far. Since I just got it less than a week ago, this is the form for me. I love it. The best of all world's. A nice large screen, a wonderfully innovative physical keyboard, and best of all, the newest BlackBerry 10.3.1.2582 software making this a communicator's beast!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 02:53 PM
    I'm happy with the square screen but.....some apps and Web pages are not.
    Think there should be a soft 16-9 option to avoid stuff like this.

Sticking with the Passport form-factor?-img_20150326_204808.png

Before you could turn on desktop mode and flash.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 03:51 PM
    I'm happy with the square screen but.....some apps and Web pages are not.
    Think there should be a soft 16-9 option to avoid stuff like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150326_204808.png 
Views:	509 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	343975

Before you could turn on desktop mode and flash.

Posted via CB10
    Nah-ah, Flash is no longer available in 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 04:21 PM
    Nah-ah, Flash is no longer available in 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    Think that's what I said,

When apps/mobile Web pages didn't work the option was flash. Now when apps don't work your stuck.

The screen shot shows a problem I ran into a few times now.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 04:34 PM
    With the Passport, BlackBerry has basically invented a brand new form-factor. But the question is, are you going to stick with it, or will you try different form-factors in the future? And if you're a fan of this form-factor, are you hoping for a direct Passport successor (ie. identical shape and size with improved hardware & software) or are you looking for modifications on the general Passport idea -- ie. slimmer, bigger...etc

As for myself, having come from a typical rectangular touch-screen devices, I don't see myself returning to the slab form-factor. I think I will probably look to remain with the Passport form-factor and certainly look for improvements (both hardware and software). I am open to slight modifications...ie. making it slimmer and lighter but maybe also slightly bigger. But they have to retain the square format...I just love that.

To me this is already a micro-laptop and I think BB could probably expand on this premise.
    Totally agree!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-26-15 05:47 PM
    Think that's what I said,

When apps/mobile Web pages didn't work the option was flash. Now when apps don't work your stuck.

The screen shot shows a problem I ran into a few times now.

Posted via CB10
    You're right, my bad. I wasn't reading carefully enough.
    03-26-15 05:59 PM
    The perfect form factor for me is Z30 's form factor.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Last edited by aha; 03-26-15 at 07:30 PM.
    03-26-15 07:08 PM