My BlackBerry Journey started in December 2014 with a trip to Selfridges in London, big change for a Sony Android man
    Once I had tried a Passport I just had to have one, left with a White one..great device, upgraded to a SE after a year

Tried to turn both of these phones into a Android (via snap or Cobalts app) , over time this was never going to work

Android apps either ran slow, or lagged....with regret I sold it

For a while I ran two Blackberries, the Passport as a second phone
    And a droid BlackBerry

Well

Priv..I was one of the first to buy, was awful, poor build awful PKB

Dtek60.. Wife and I both had these, good phone, underrated, just poor battery....better than Motion in many ways, screen, looks and speed....Best of the BlackBerry Androids

Keyone..such high hopes, mini passport... but it's not. For me screen is to small, without switching on developer opition it lags, hold in the wrong place and phone signal drops....yes it has many plus points but far from brilliant .PS my screen was rock solid

SO

For now my BlackBerry Android journey is over, yes I own an Android, a Google XL and it is brilliant but...no pkb

SO

Bought a new Passport ( not many left) arrived Sunday..first thing I thought was just how good it looked, not owned a Black one before,

The keyboard felt superb..for me best keyboard ever.....now this time I promised not to turn it into a half Android , just use as a brilliant email device

I would only use apps from Blackberry World or Amazon app store
    Expectations were very very low

Well it's not as bad as I thought , added BBC news, BBC sport, BBC iplayer, Facebook Pro,Nobex, Twitter and LinkedIn 10 and CB10
    Then from Amazon apps..TV catchup, Kindle for Android, Telegraph ( excellent) AOL, Ebay, Candy Crush and two I did not expect...Realtime stocks and XE currency ...
    Is Amazon better than it used to be ? Some of the above I am sure we're not there before

This is not the full list..but far better than I thought, what is good, no lag,..it runs really well

Is that because I have not added Google Play Store? I will never know.

Just know using this Keyboard is better than ever , so pleased I gave the Passport another try

A brilliant business phone, the best for email, great battery, currency and stocks and shares apps...spot on

Cheers

A happy Passport owner

Posted via CB10
    01-10-18 02:46 PM
    Good to hear Simon. The passport is an excellent device and I really enjoy typing on the pkb. I think it's best to keep the android apps to a minimum. I don't get involved in any social media sites so no faeces book or twatter for me to waste battery life on ;-).
    Another happy passport owner
    Posted via CB10
    01-10-18 03:24 PM
    No doubt the BlackBerry Passport is a beyond great device, still using it as my daily driver and it's great, good you enjoy it!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    01-10-18 04:20 PM
    OP, you still might wanna consider getting a Black Edition KEYone. Sure it's no Passport, but it'll run all the apps you ever need, much more smoothly than the Passport ever could. I did mention Black Edition because it has the extra RAM (and double the storage), so that plus turning down animations in developer options will ensure a fairly smooth phone.
    01-11-18 04:51 AM
    A happy Passport owner...
    ...all over again*

*'coz you had two earlier

Nice to read your journey Simon. I love my Passports too. The best phone experience I ever had. And that is coming from a longtime iPhone user, had all of them since 2007 until iPhone SE.
    01-11-18 05:27 AM
    So strange I don't see any comment from our friend Chuk (-:

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and The_Passporter like this.
    01-11-18 05:36 AM
    I have to say that my Passport was both the best and the glitchiest device I have ever owned, but for some reason I could never get it to smooth out those tiny little issues that kept popping up. Never had an issue with Cobalt's Play Store solution, all the apps I used seemed to run OK.

Oh, but that PKB! Best in BB's history as far as I'm concerned, and the packaging was just perfect. The physical build quality was as good, if not better, than anything else out there. Would get another one in a second if the app situation wasn't as bad as it is.
    Qorax and croman like this.
    01-11-18 07:14 AM
    I loved my Passport except for the width. It made the Passport a bit cumbersome to hold. The diminishing number of Android apps that would work on it, even with Cobalt's efforts, convinced me it was time to (regretfully) retire it for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    01-11-18 07:51 AM
    I loved my Passport except for the width. It made the Passport a bit cumbersome to hold. The diminishing number of Android apps that would work on it, even with Cobalt's efforts, convinced me it was time to (regretfully) retire it for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    I love my Passport, especially for the width (and the shorter length).
    01-11-18 07:59 AM
    So strange I don't see any comment from our friend Chuk (-:

Posted via CB10
    Me? Is there something you'd like me to say? The OP said it fairly well. He did like most of us, tried making his device into Android device and it failed, because it's not Android device. Original KEYone didn't meet his needs and now uses a GIANT Android VKB device. He mentioned dual carrying two devices.

He pretty much covered it all. When I moved full-time back to Android, it was and is BBAndroid that I preferred. BB10 with Amazon or 1Market is what I did for Apps back then before BBAndroid. I never understood the disdain for Android, getting a BB10 device and then loading it up with Android based apps that didn't run optimally in BB10.

If you wanted Android, with PKB now available with KEYone, there you go. All BB10 devices suck if you only have native BB10 apps. I mean the original BB10 developed apps that were not just Android ports in BBW. That's how bad it was in the beginning of BB10, when no one wanted to develop BB10 apps for the platform. BB then as backup would allow porting of Android developed apps with few minor changes to be ported into BBW. They even differentiated by identifying Native vs Android ports. After couple years around time of Passport intro, BB stopped identifying the difference since it was embarrassing how few totally native apps were done.

So how useful is BB10 without any of the Android ports? Basically you can't really compare, because most developers stopped making pure BB10 apps long ago. Last year, I even bought a couple of BB10 devices never intended for USA, Q5 and Z3 and never loaded any type apps except for CB10. Unfortunately, those devices are only used on WiFi and that's limiting in everyday life without SIM cards.

Thanks for missing good Ole Chuck.
    Jon Wiggy and BerryRipe like this.
    01-11-18 08:06 AM
    Awesomeness Passport I'm enjoying it I wanna also thank the CEO for giving us onother 24 months I will then go for Iphone or may be BlackBerry android

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-11-18 08:25 AM
    I love my Passport, especially for the width (and the shorter length).
    And that's is the perfect example of "different strokes". YMMV
    Qorax likes this.
    01-11-18 08:30 AM
    Me? Is there something you'd like me to say? The OP said it fairly well. He did like most of us, tried making his device into Android device and it failed, because it's not Android device. Original KEYone didn't meet his needs and now uses a GIANT Android VKB device. He mentioned dual carrying two devices.

He pretty much covered it all. When I moved full-time back to Android, it was and is BBAndroid that I preferred. BB10 with Amazon or 1Market is what I did for Apps back then before BBAndroid. I never understood the disdain for Android, getting a BB10 device and then loading it up with Android based apps that didn't run optimally in BB10.

If you wanted Android, with PKB now available with KEYone, there you go. All BB10 devices suck if you only have native BB10 apps. I mean the original BB10 developed apps that were not just Android ports in BBW. That's how bad it was in the beginning of BB10, when no one wanted to develop BB10 apps for the platform. BB then as backup would allow porting of Android developed apps with few minor changes to be ported into BBW. They even differentiated by identifying Native vs Android ports. After couple years around time of Passport intro, BB stopped identifying the difference since it was embarrassing how few totally native apps were done.

So how useful is BB10 without any of the Android ports? Basically you can't really compare, because most developers stopped making pure BB10 apps long ago. Last year, I even bought a couple of BB10 devices never intended for USA, Q5 and Z3 and never loaded any type apps except for CB10. Unfortunately, those devices are only used on WiFi and that's limiting in everyday life without SIM cards.

Thanks for missing good Ole Chuck.
    Lol the most ridiculous part is how they say that the KEYone isn't a Passport and conclude by "therefore I went and bought [insert slab name]."

Like, dude, no matter how much the KEYone deceived you in how it isn't a passport (which it was never meant to be), it's still gonna offer MUCH more of a BB experience than any full slab ever can. Even if you grab an S8 with it's LED light, slap on the qwerty case and a BB logo sticker on the back, and load up the BB app suite, the KEYone will still be more of a "passport".
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    01-11-18 08:40 AM
    I tried going droid too and was horrified. Came running back to the Passport and will be my phone for as long as it is possible.
    01-11-18 11:53 AM
    Check the Reuters app in bbworld. I don't have to end with the Passport but I don't see a reason to give it up either. I'm good into 2020 and beyond.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    Qorax and BerryRipe like this.
    01-11-18 01:40 PM
    My experience is very similar, if whatsapp for android didn't work, even as clumsily as it does... I would be forced to go back to my ancient Nexus 4, or get something cheap and decent but with zero wow factor like a Moto e4 plus. The passport has become my email machine though, not going back to a pc for that. If I was sure I could connect a dac, it would be my portable media machine too, even though I've come to expect comically bad results from the camera - I have two dslrs for that in any case.
    Qorax likes this.
    01-11-18 01:42 PM
    I got on well with the Black PP but now having got my head round the priv. I find a combination of the two seems for now very workable.
    I went completely priv, mastered the Battery which was a lerning curve . loved the slider pkb .But for basic work the PP is steady relatively rubbish free and a fantastic device.
    Now with so many TCL versions as well, it looks as if the pp's future is going to be as a serious work back up.BB10 should survive in its basic form for a bit yet.

Posted via CB10
    ARQ-Keighley and Qorax like this.
    01-12-18 01:23 AM
    I just refreshed a passport se today. My intent is just for BlackBerry Express. If anyone has a replacement app for that that can export to mp4 for Android then I would be off bb10 again.
    01-12-18 03:43 AM
    There is talk of a new keyboard device this year. Hopefully they get brave and build another Passport, albeit running the Google OS.
    Qorax likes this.
    01-12-18 03:57 AM
    There is talk of a new keyboard device this year. Hopefully they get brave and build another Passport, albeit running the Google OS.
    As explained hundreds of times on this forum, Android won't run on 1:1 screen, so that's not happening. If it could, the Passport SE would have ran it out of the box.
    01-12-18 04:51 AM
    As explained hundreds of times on this forum, Android won't run on 1:1 screen, so that's not happening. If it could, the Passport SE would have ran it out of the box.
    Apologies, let me do a re-take , this is what I was thinking when I posted last time...
    "There is talk of a new keyboard device this year. Hopefully they get brave and build another small phablet device with a keyboard, albeit running the Google OS".
    Qorax and Angela Papazian like this.
    01-12-18 05:01 AM
    Apologies, let me do a re-take , this is what I was thinking when I posted last time...
    "There is talk of a new keyboard device this year. Hopefully they get brave and build another small phablet device with a keyboard, albeit running the Google OS".
    A KEYᵒⁿᵉ with a Passport keyboard would be the bomb. I would buy one immediately. I very much dislike the KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard coming from a Passport. It started with a Passport it will end with a Passport-tapatalk_1505998992816.jpeg
    Qorax, dbq10 and BerryRipe like this.
    01-12-18 05:25 AM
    absolutely the best phone ever. i wasted tons of time seeking a replacement. there arent any. nothing compares. i will hang on to my OG passport, maybe even pick up another one at some point..no way in h3ll i'm going to put an android device in my pocket.

Posted via CBX
    01-12-18 06:00 AM
    A KEYᵒⁿᵉ with a Passport keyboard would be the bomb. I would buy one immediately. I very much dislike the KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard coming from a Passport. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tapatalk_1505998992816.jpeg 
Views:	1117 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	433224
    Agree. And popping a 4:3 screen (vertical) could shorten it further.

Ps.: And off course, change the name
    01-12-18 07:11 AM
    Agree. And popping a 4:3 screen (vertical) could shorten it further.

Ps.: And off course, change the name
    Why eliminate row of keys or less screen? The phone, as-is, has the same footprint, size-wise as my A30 Plus. I can fit both in my front pocket for when I dual carry. Most people don't want to give up screen real-estate for no reason. If you want ANYONE to continue making a niche PKB, they have to appeal to as many people as possible long-term to move enough volume to be profitable.

That was BB mistake for years. Too many device variants produced at too high cost. This was all pre-BB10 and these costs were masked by carrier locked contracts and BIS revenue. The business model changed and that's why you see devices are very standardized.
    01-12-18 08:11 AM
93 123 ...