Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry Passport

Start up problem

Asked: Oct 21 2019 | 5:29 pm EDT 2324 Views 13 Answers

Hi, I would like to get some assistance for my BlackBerry Passport issues as follows. My phone has been working fine until suddenly not able to start up any more. Battery is still able to charge properly up to 100 %. But, BlackBerry logo with blue line goes around the circle and then stop working further functions. Is it possible to repair under those conditions? Is it better to put money toward to buy up-graded BlackBerry, like Key 2 instead of repairing it? Thank you for your assistance.

More Answers

Oct 21 2019 | 5:40 pm EDT Ben xfg

Hi, I would like to get some assistance for my BlackBerry Passport issues as follows. My phone has been working fine until suddenly not able to start up any more. Battery is still able to charge properly up to 100 %. But, BlackBerry logo with blue line goes around the circle and then stop working further functions. Is it possible to repair under those conditions? Is it better to put money toward to buy up-graded BlackBerry, like Key 2 instead of repairing it? Thank you for your assistance.
Hold the power button for twenty seconds then release and see what happens.

Posted via CB10

Oct 21 2019 | 6:02 pm EDT rockymermaid

Hold the power button for twenty seconds then release and see what happens.

Posted via CB10

Oct 21 2019 | 6:05 pm EDT rockymermaid

Hi Ben, Thank you for your advise. I have tried as you have instructed a few times. But, it does not start up properly.... Is there any options? Thank you!

Oct 21 2019 | 6:37 pm EDT Ben xfg

Hi Ben, Thank you for your advise. I have tried as you have instructed a few times. But, it does not start up properly.... Is there any options? Thank you!
You'll probably have to re-flash the OS then, here is the autoloader for your device.

https://mega.nz/#!1NZ1SQBB!yL_ZV5UFz...1-Opwv7f6JCxhM

Download to a PC, unzip it, plug in your device and run the unzipped file.

Your phone will be wiped clean.

Posted via CB10

Oct 22 2019 | 6:52 am EDT Hrishikesh Jadhav

Connect phone to pc, install blackberry Link if u don't have, in option click on restore and wait till it restores your OS!
All of your data will be erased.

Posted via CB10

Oct 22 2019 | 7:34 am EDT rockymermaid

Hi Ben, Thank you for your great advise. Currently, I am waiting for my new laptop to get delivered. I will try to download BlackBerry connect and your suggested autoloader in order to be able to start up my BlackBerry. I wish if there were some possibilities to save my number of photos, which have not been back-up in my passport.
Thank you for your assistance.
Regards,
Atsuyo

Oct 22 2019 | 7:40 am EDT rockymermaid

Hi Hrishikesh, Thank you for your great assistance for fixing my start up problem. I will try to follow your suggested method to solve my passport problem. Have a good day!
Regards,

Atsuyo

Oct 22 2019 | 10:22 am EDT Hrishikesh Jadhav

Hi Hrishikesh, Thank you for your great assistance for fixing my start up problem. I will try to follow your suggested method to solve my passport problem. Have a good day!
Regards,

Atsuyo
Yes coz that's the only simple option for a corrupt OS or booting error!
I just try to give simple solutions which are easy for normal users!

U too have a great day!!

Posted via CB10

Oct 22 2019 | 12:26 pm EDT Ben xfg

Hi Ben, Thank you for your great advise. Currently, I am waiting for my new laptop to get delivered. I will try to download BlackBerry connect and your suggested autoloader in order to be able to start up my BlackBerry. I wish if there were some possibilities to save my number of photos, which have not been back-up in my passport.
Thank you for your assistance.
Regards,
Atsuyo
You can try to use Darcy's BlackBerry Tools on your laptop to see if it will recognize your device, but there's no guarantee being it doesn't fully boot up.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!RlZXQADZ!DtfI0LT6h...ZIMF7F0hG9Nido

Posted via CB10

Oct 22 2019 | 12:35 pm EDT Hrishikesh Jadhav

You can try to use Darcy's BlackBerry Tools on your laptop to see if it will recognize your device, but there's no guarantee being it doesn't fully boot up.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!RlZXQADZ!DtfI0LT6h...ZIMF7F0hG9Nido

Posted via CB10
I think he's fixed boot error, now he can upgrade to his OS by latest autoloader as u have mentioned!

Posted via CB10

Oct 22 2019 | 12:45 pm EDT Ben xfg

I think he's fixed boot error, now he can upgrade to his OS by latest autoloader as u have mentioned!

Posted via CB10
I mentioned DBBT as a method to backup their data as they were asking...

Posted via CB10

Oct 23 2019 | 6:41 am EDT Hrishikesh Jadhav

I mentioned DBBT as a method to backup their data as they were asking...

Posted via CB10
I meant the autoloader!

Posted via CB10

Oct 25 2019 | 2:23 pm EDT curves2000

Is your Passport's red LED light flashing in sequence? I think I have the same issue as you on my Passport SE and the red light keeps flashing a total of 5 times when it's plugged in.

Your only option might be to do BlackBerry link and have a full restore. This will also have you lose your data but hopefully your phone is restored.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10