Okay, so I know the name is risqu� but that's what it takes to get people's attention these days. You see, people on this forum are always having pissing contests. But why are we pissing at each other? Shouldn't we be doing this with the people who actually have the authority to do something about our plight as CrackBerrians? Some might wonder why this is in the Passport forum. The answer is that there is now a greater need for things to change because we now have the passport.

Firstly, the Passport should be better. I know some people won't agree but I don't really care about those people anyways. I care about my typing experience. I care about the fact that there are only a few well polished apps in BlackBerry World. I care about the fact that android apps have mediocre compatibility. There was more than enough time to get these things fixed before the launch.

So, I implore those with the Passport and those waiting on the classic to demand a better experience. Blow up Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google+. Send long drawn out emails. Harass the hell out of BlackBerry, Amazon, and your carriers to get these things done. And TO GET THINGS RIGHT!

Posted via CB10
    Um it's a phone. And having used Q10, S4, S5, Note II, Note III, 5s, 6+, and 6.... I can tell you best experience out there. But it is what it is, and it's just a phone

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-12-14 10:12 PM
    passport is the best
    10-12-14 10:18 PM
    This is a loaded post. I mean, of course everyone would love for every device they have spent their money on to do more, improve, and somehow grow more functionality,.. who wouldn't want to get more for their money??

But the truth is that the Passport is quite a well rounded and fully loaded device for right now. Sure, not all apps work, but most do. I'd like if all of them worked, but it definitely is not a deciding factor.

I've never been a big believer in having thousands of single purpose apps. I mean, the other day I saw a sign next to a high school that said: "you can find our app on Google play!!". Wtf... why? What's wrong with a good web page? It's like having hundreds of separate browsers each for a tiny increment of functionality.

Anyway,.. if you're new to BlackBerry (or left a while ago and just came back),..maybe you expect wonders from the Passport, and it seems like no big deal compared to the half dozen android devices rolled out each month.

For those that stuck around and pulled their hair out when they released the Z10 with year-and-a-half old specs, and then rolled out the Z30 a year later with a lower resolution screen than the Z10,.. the Passport represents a new chapter for BlackBerry. One in which they stop asking us to compromise, and finally use this year's parts!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:28 PM
    Passport rules. Web apps can be used because the screen is a beast. Don't even need these tiny apps. Use the bigger web version.

Posted with my awesome Blackberry Passport
    10-12-14 10:30 PM
    I'm not having any of those issues on BlackBerry except a few select apps that I can easily live without! I know as an advanced user and power user that means that that's more apps and more intensive apps than most use, so that means for other, almost all of their apps should work, minus say, Instagram for those weirdos who like looking at food..

So not sure where you're coming from lol

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-12-14 10:32 PM
    Also, at this point there are way too many threads out here getting created by Trolls and/or people who think they're not trolling but really are..

It's a strange time to be a CrackBerrian.. no? :\

10-12-14 10:35 PM
    Also, at this point there are way too many threads out here getting created by Trolls and/or people who think they're not trolling but really are..

It's a strange time to be a CrackBerrian.. no? :\

Agreed. I've seen so many troll posts lately. Through the roof. Either the Passport shook things up enough to get the trolls outta their iCaves, or the mods have gone to sleep.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    10-12-14 10:40 PM
    Agreed. I've seen so many troll posts lately. Through the roof. Either the Passport shook things up enough to get the trolls outta their iCaves, or the mods have gone to sleep.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    Exactly. Maybe the OP should go point it in another direction. Like into the wind.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.3.0.1418
    10-12-14 11:21 PM
    Overly dramatic but not entirely without a point. The Passport is a great device but it can be better still. Android compatibility can DEFINITELY improve. It's still not there. We certainly need more native apps, and better ones at that. So, in all, OP is right. If we accept this as the pinnacle of what BlackBerry can do, then we're in trouble. They can certainly do better still.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:30 AM
    I can hear you, things will get better. They need to update the OS. 10.3.1 could not come soon enough. End of year is too long.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-13-14 12:37 AM
    Overly dramatic but not entirely without a point. The Passport is a great device but it can be better still. Android compatibility can DEFINITELY improve. It's still not there. We certainly need more native apps, and better ones at that. So, in all, OP is right. If we accept this as the pinnacle of what BlackBerry can do, then we're in trouble. They can certainly do better still.

Posted via CB10
    The OP's point (and yours) is moot. No one has ever, or will ever suggest that the Passport is the pinnacle of what BlackBerry can do. Of course they're always innovating and getting better. Of course! And of course next year's models will top this year's.
    Arguing that the Passport is not "good enough" is very case-dependent. But arguing that it isn't good enough because it "could" be better is just unproductive. Everything "could" be better.

Including this thread.

10-13-14 01:48 AM
    Was away from crackberry for a few years as I dabbled with windows phone and more recently android. I don't remember there being so many complainers here. I love this Passport, is it perfect? Nope, but am I going to wage a social campaign against BlackBerry for whatever minor issues I may have? Hell no.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-13-14 02:04 AM
    Passport rules. Web apps can be used because the screen is a beast. Don't even need these tiny apps. Use the bigger web version.

Indeed. The browser does everything and I always use it in desktop mode.
    No need for most of these apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 02:20 AM
    I love my passport but there are definitely a fair few little glitches that need ironing out. Hopefully many will be addressed with 10.3.1 or a sooner release. The ones that bug me most:

- keyboard backlight randomly decides when to be on or off at the times I do and don't need it
    - camera autofocus and manual is really not good and does the camera a diservice especially as it's essentially the same one in the LG G3!

I think the keyboard is absolutely brilliant. My only keyboard related wish is if they could release a mapper so we can add numeric and symbolic shortcuts to the physical keys along with actions. Also some settings to configure when capacitive keyboard can be used to scroll plus make it common in all apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 03:03 AM
    Wait, so by saying that we should ask for improvements, I'm a troll. First, let's strike words like that from our dictionaries, people. Do not call names boys and girls. It's immature and disgusting. Now, as for those who didn't understand that I was using those human rights issues as examples ANALOGOUS situations, I don't know exactly how hard it is to understand that but maybe you should stop being defensive long enough to think it through. All I meant with this post was that we should redirect our efforts. And you all go and prove me right. You all felt threatened by someone who didn't kiss the ground on which John Chen walks, so you attacked like rabid dogs. If I'm a troll for asking for more, what does attacking people with opposing views make you. It make you intentionally ignorant. And once again. Do not call me a troll. It's sad I have to tell grown *** people not to call names but here I am. If a little criticism gets you that riled up, you need to remember what a number of you told me. Because I presented a way of taking confrontation and turning into constructive effort toward a better product. You all presented me with your distasteful ignorance vehement disregard for human courtesy. Have a good life behind your touchscreens. I hear they make bullies out of weak pathetic people.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:31 AM
    The phone has not been released for 30 days and you are wanting everyone to take action. It is good to identify flaws but give BB time to address any problems before launching a major attack. If you bought one and you are not happy then sell it to someone on the back order list
    10-13-14 07:45 AM
    Lol you think RIM had all the time needed before the launch to make the Passport better ? Bro, please check the iPhone 6 release The new version of the iOS - if my information is correct the update broke so much other stuff they actually had to withdraw it and release it again some time later (LOL) ? Also the iPhone 6 comes out overpriced as **** as always and bendable in your back-pocket...with bugs like the freezing messaging and others ?

So you then complain about the Passport which had one of the smoothest releases as well as the 10.3 which seems to be cool and nice to me so far without any big **** ups...get a reality check on sir. You're just some poor customer who knows nothing about the production of such a project. It's not that easy to optimize everything, make perfect apps and so on. Sometimes the testing takes months and years...Passport is on the right track -the only thing is they should've made more of it at the time ! <3
    hpjrt likes this.
    10-13-14 07:52 AM
    Troll alert. Anyway this device is BOSS... every passing day I love this phone more. Made like a tank and drives like a ferrari.

Your posts get more and more hilarious in every thread.

We know you love the phone but can't you express your own personal opinions without the insults and digging?

Key words there....PERSONAL OPINIONS
    10-13-14 08:14 AM
    It will be interesting to see how the Classic compares. I'll be curious to see if Passport owners switch to a Classic in any significant numbers.
    U have to be kidding rite

posted via my passport
    10-13-14 08:18 AM
    I really don't care what other think. I just want my Blackberry Passport, that I am still waiting for (backorder).
    I really cant understand people and their apps issue. I only use Blackberry apps from the Blackberry world app store.
    Do people care about their rights to live a life without uncle Sam spying on them. I want to take a **** in the forest
    without gps knowing I am.

90 % of apps are useless! only 10% of apps make you function better in life and actually do something for you.

Here is a joke

How does the author of this thread take a shower?

you fill in the answer.
    10-13-14 08:30 AM
    And what if people never fought for their right to party?

Posted via Z30
    Then we would never have movies like Footloose and Dirty Dancing.

@OP, in time you will see more apps available. The better the sales, the potential is greater for more apps being developed. I don't think there is a magic sales number. Just depends on the Devs that want to make an income and that should be understood.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    10-13-14 08:30 AM
    Looks like OP got his post pissed on? (Sorry for the language). I actually don't like the Passport on paper or screen, I think of BrickBerry when I see it, but I've never actually used it, so I wouldn't make a big dramatic post denouncing it.
    10-13-14 08:59 AM
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there are always some individuals who perceive a solution and are willing to take command.
    Very often, those individuals are crazy!
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-13-14 09:02 AM
    Passport is the best phone ever! This is a fact and anyone who says different is a dirty troll!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    10-13-14 09:19 AM
    Im pretty sure blackberry already stood up and pissed in the right direction by making and releasing the passport. It's the edgiest phone in a very long time and regardless if you love it or hate it you remember it. true marketing right there
    10-13-14 09:24 AM
75 123