Okay, so I know the name is risqu� but that's what it takes to get people's attention these days. You see, people on this forum are always having pissing contests. But why are we pissing at each other? Shouldn't we be doing this with the people who actually have the authority to do something about our plight as CrackBerrians? Some might wonder why this is in the Passport forum. The answer is that there is now a greater need for things to change because we now have the passport.

Firstly, the Passport should be better. I know some people won't agree but I don't really care about those people anyways. I care about my typing experience. I care about the fact that there are only a few well polished apps in BlackBerry World. I care about the fact that android apps have mediocre compatibility. There was more than enough time to get these things fixed before the launch.

So, I implore those with the Passport and those waiting on the classic to demand a better experience. Blow up Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google+. Send long drawn out emails. Harass the hell out of BlackBerry, Amazon, and your carriers to get these things done. And TO GET THINGS RIGHT!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:38 PM
    Go away. I love the typing experience on my passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:40 PM
    Love my passport and everything about it. Have become fully accustomed to typing on it and make less errors. Have had no issues with apps. For me it has been the best purchase possible. It does take some time to get accustom to it so it will be a few days of discovery and learning before you figure it out. And if you are coming from android or ios is may take more than a week or two. But once you do I doubt many will look back.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-12-14 08:44 PM
    "I know some people won't agree but I don't really care about those people anyways."

Please read the story before you write the review. And that is not the only point of the post. So please don't be that guy who can't understand why someone else would have a different opinion than you.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:47 PM
    @Adif: I actually have gotten used to the passport. I like it better than almost any other phone I've ever had. My issue is that it can still be better. And I'm seeing people snap (haha BlackBerry pun) at one another over the issues they're finding when they should be snapping at the people who wrote the code and design for the phone in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:52 PM
    No the Passport doesn't have to be better because it is already an incredible device and making hundreds of thousands and soon millions very happy. It is a winner for BlackBerry. If you have an issue with typing you need to give the phone AT LEAST one month of use before you come to any conclusions. I am not yet 100 percent comfortable yet but I am EXPONENTIALLY more comfortable than I was when I unboxed it. Sorry but you are wrong.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-12-14 08:54 PM
    Any reason why you are typing in html? Your not the first to do it. I am just wondering why there are so many posts in html lately.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:57 PM
    OH is very wrong picky. Smartphone integration with other electronics won't be mature. For a long time. Get in the real world.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    10-12-14 08:58 PM
    It will be interesting to see how the Classic compares. I'll be curious to see if Passport owners switch to a Classic in any significant numbers.
    10-12-14 08:59 PM
    We did good this time, I'll grant you that. But we could do better. I want better book reading apps. I want Hulu plus to work. I want official access to onenote and office. So, I'm gonna keep talking about it and demanding more, because I work hard for my money and when I spend 650 on anything, I'm damn sure gonna ask for the most I can get. So, no sir, I am right as rain in Seattle.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 10-14-14 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Removed offensive section
    Henrik McIntosh likes this.
    10-12-14 09:03 PM
    You sound like a real inspirational person, imploring us to waste our time on "social media" and sending emails. Remember when people did those little Thunder Claps and bombarded what seemed like everyone up to the President with INSTAGRAM ON BB10? How did that go? That's a simple app that could be ported, but Instagram couldn't be bothered.

If you bought the Passport for the apps, well, that's your first mistake. I will say that the existing apps in BlackBerry World should have been updated to at least support the Passport.

You seem to be very confused about the way things work, or maybe you're just very new and na�ve, which would definitely explain your post. Nothing gets fixed overnight, and BlackBerry has listened to its customers like no company I've ever seen. Bigger battery? Yep. Better antenna? Yep. Better screen and build quality and no double typing issue? Yep. That doesn't even begin to cover the OS. Were there things missing from Legacy devices? Yes, but they're making or have made their way back via software updates.

You knock yourself out with all your fired up emails. I can only begin to image the bizarre subject line in your demanding emails that you'll be firing off to companies. I can also imagine the speed at which their employees will delete your crazed writings.
    10-12-14 09:05 PM
    Troll alert. Anyway this device is BOSS... every passing day I love this phone more. Made like a tank and drives like a ferrari.

Posted with my awesome Blackberry Passport
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-12-14 09:09 PM
    Standing Up and Demand Better Experience!-img_20141012_201344.png

Punny eh

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-12-14 09:18 PM
    If you bought the Passport for the apps, well, that's your first mistake. I will say that the existing apps in BlackBerry World should have been updated to at least support the Passport.
    What if he bought the Passport for BlackBerry apps? Is it too much to expect that BlackBerry's flagship device functions properly with native BlackBerry apps in BlackBerry App World?? I agree that assuming Android apps would be updated for the Passport is naive. But native BlackBerry apps should have been coaxed along by the company, or else the Passport should not have been released so prematurely. And would it have killed them to put a stinkin' Alt key on it??
    jon4400 likes this.
    10-12-14 09:19 PM
    To the OP... simply admit you bought the wrong phone and move on... Doubt you are going to find any thing that will meet your "exacting" standards..... but go for it.... you gamble any time you buy a first generation anything... going to have bugs...improvements needed,.. glad the OP was not here for the first Iphone... probably would have had a stroke....
    10-12-14 09:23 PM
    If you blow up twitter with complaints about BlackBerry then it will hurt BlackBerry market share. How does that in any way help improve the app ecosystem?

Posted via Z30
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-12-14 09:24 PM
    What if he bought the Passport for BlackBerry apps? Is it too much to expect that BlackBerry's flagship device functions properly with native BlackBerry apps in BlackBerry App World?? I agree that assuming Android apps would be updated for the Passport is naive. But native BlackBerry apps should have been coaxed along by the company, or else the Passport should not have been released so prematurely. And would it have killed them to put a stinkin' Alt key on it??
    BlackBerry should definitely have provided some incentive for native developers to update their apps, there's no question about that. Now that that Passport seems to be a popular BlackBerry, maybe developers will come around and update them. But the notion that BlackBerry should have stalled the Passport's launch to wait for a handful of their devoted native app developers is hard to get onboard with.

There is an Alt key, it's just a virtual one. It is literally visible at all times on the screen when you're in a field. Do you have a Passport? I do. I thought the Q10 keyboard was as good as it could get. It took a couple days, but after I got used to the Passport, I sold both my white and black Q10, and am now almost wholly disinterested in the Classic because it doesn't have the specs or the new keyboard technology. I know that Passport's keyboard isn't what most are used to (I was disappointed that it had "only" three rows). But after a bit, I was like, "I GET IT. I get BlackBerry's vision."

Don't knock it 'til you try it.....for a few days.
    Andy_bb_king and mk2234 like this.
    10-12-14 09:29 PM
    The Passport is a work device, not a big ecosystem device.

Android apps being easily installable is a good stopgap, but the issue remains.

I'm getting one anyway because it'll be a great work cell.

Yelling on social media likely won't change things. Sales numbers will.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-12-14 09:30 PM
    I will ask those who keep posting... How do you "make" any developer make an App for BB.... Netflix comes to mind... Users were in an uproar when Netfllix came out and said no App for BB,,,,, still waiting..... face facts... BB does not have enough market share to make it worthwhile to develop for the ecosystem..... This is why BB added Android functionality..... Why this constant harping for Native Apps is beyond me.....
    tigerinexile and allengeorge like this.
    10-12-14 09:30 PM
    Accept what it has to offer and enjoy it. With time there will be advances. Many are still waiting on their back ordered phone. BB is improving it look at the Roger's update.
    10-12-14 09:31 PM
    The Passport ROCKS! It has already gone far in reestablishing BlackBerry as an exclusive tool for productivity. Quit pissing into the wind dude.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    howards likes this.
    10-12-14 09:33 PM
    You're nuts. This offers the best typing experience ever. I'm actively editing and writing to my thesis on this. I tried it on the Z30; it didn't fly. But it more than flies on this.

How about, instead of just spewing subjective garbage opinions, you actually detail what you like and dislike about it? Any good review would include specific examples of pros and cons, rather than a blanket "this could be better" statement. Of course It could! Everything can be improved. But that's the least useful comment ever.

Grow up.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    Andy_bb_king and mk2234 like this.
    10-12-14 09:41 PM
    Considering it is a new model, I had expected SOMETHING on the device would simply not work right or be conspicuously lacking. But no, the quality is very high. Everything works as advertised. Swiping works great. Battery life is stellar. Voice and call quality is way better than z30 and any other phone I've ever had. Sure some apps don't fit the screen but so what I'm not an app junkie. This phone is a home run and a game changer.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and D3C0D3R like this.
    10-12-14 09:51 PM
    Well, one thing is that I would like to actually _get_ the phone.

But that'll sort itself out in time...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-12-14 10:02 PM
    Here's my take on this thread. I don't have a Passport.....yet, I ordered a Passport, but do not have one....yet. As far as I can tell, very many people do not have the ones they ordered......yet. I tend to think at this point there are far more people without "their" Passport then the ones that already have "their" Passport. I believe there isn't many that have "their" Passport as will when they finish building "my" Passport and ship it to me.
    So please, first, blow up social media asking "Please make and deliver our Passports!!!"
    I think this would be more proactive. Then: once I hack away on my Passport for a few months, I am sure I could think of a few things they could do to make a better one. Then they will make an even better one and run out of those too!
    10-12-14 10:08 PM
75 123