I'm using BlackBerry Passport (SQW100-1) and continuously facing problem concerned to the Standby Data Usage in my device which consumes at around 50% out of 100% of my Mobile Data Bundle/Plan by which i need to subscribe double the volume of monthly data plan every month.
    08-27-17 04:31 AM
    I'm using BlackBerry Passport (SQW100-1) and continuously facing problem concerned to the Standby Data Usage in my device which consumes at around 50% out of 100% of my Mobile Data Bundle/Plan by which i need to subscribe double the volume of monthly data plan every month.
    do you use device monitor?
    if you know how to use it, lets turn off your app it made your data plan more than unusual

Posted via CB10
    08-27-17 07:21 AM
    Yes! I used Device Manager to monitor data usage, but the mobile data in the device monitor only shows that the standby consumes higher amount of data also i killed all running applications but the problem has not been resolved.

The problem is that the mobile data usage doesn't shows that which application or services consuming data. However, the description of standby mobile data usage shows that 0% of mobile data & wifi usage consumed for the specific period of time i monitored by scrolling down to the details.
    Attached Thumbnails Standby consumed 50% of my mobile data-img_20170827_102543.jpg   Standby consumed 50% of my mobile data-img_20170828_083954.jpg  
    08-27-17 10:34 PM
    use parental control to avoid it. disable app like bbm and other. i dont use bbm, because bbm eat more data package.
    or i you are using wifi, you must turn off mobile data.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-17 10:58 PM
    How many android apps did you install on your device?

No Junkroid on Steroids on my Passport
    08-28-17 09:12 AM
    I have the same problem. My wifi goes off in the middle of the night while on standby. Data usage at 3am while sleeping

Jaglenn's Passport
    08-29-17 06:29 PM
    How many android apps did you install on your device?

No Junkroid on Steroids on my Passport
    Completely irrelevant!
    My standby usage is nothing camper to other app!

To OP I recommend do a software reload with autoloader! (it seems like a bug)

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 06:32 AM
    Completely irrelevant!
    My standby usage is nothing camper to other app!

To OP I recommend do a software reload with autoloader! (it seems like a bug)

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily. I had a rogue Android app on my Q10 that would drain the entire battery in less than 4 hours (and it wasn't even open)

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    08-31-17 07:42 AM
    Not necessarily. I had a rogue Android app on my Q10 that would drain the entire battery in less than 4 hours (and it wasn't even open)

Posted via CB10
    It was running but in background!
    In my knowledge of how normal PC os work and mobile os are similar too, there have to be a thread running to consume battery! (actually it's happens because of BBos's lack of total control over android apps)

Posted via CB10
    09-03-17 03:40 PM
    It was running but in background!
    In my knowledge of how normal PC os work and mobile os are similar too, there have to be a thread running to consume battery! (actually it's happens because of BBos's lack of total control over android apps)

Posted via CB10
    That's because the runtime wasn't actually designed for this.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-17 05:45 PM
    Mine was doing the same and I found it to be the alpha browser that I used. It was running in the background. I agree with Mojarch you have an android app somewhere that is continuing to run in the background. Have you tried turning your phone off for 3-5 minutes and then restarting it? But first I would try to find the app that is running in the background. Sometimes my WeChat does this as well. Good Luck. Running 24-7 with my Passport OG & Semi Retired Z10
    09-03-17 10:25 PM