I'm really hoping that the community can help me figure out whether or not I want to buy a Passport, as the sale on the red ones has me really interested.

I've generally used iPhones, but I always get wonderlust and switch. I've had a Z10, a Q10, and a Passport for a couple days, but sold it because the demand was so high at launch. I've also had an HTC One M8, and an Xperia Z3 Compact.

Although the general consensus on the internet seems to be that Android phones have good battery life, I haven't really experienced this in my own usage patterns -- I'm a relatively light user most of the time. I generally go to work, sit at a desk with a computer for several hours and don't use my phone. Of course there are other times where I use my phone a lot, but generally, I don't need to use it. So for me, having good standby is relatively important.

From my experience, Android phones tend to drain a lot. iPhones are really good at not draining. There are days I'll leave my house at 8AM and come home at 7PM with a 98% charge on an iPhone. I've never seen this on an Android.

So what I'm wondering is if anyone would be kind enough to share what kind of standby life you get. For me, I would have 5 gmail accounts pushing email, BBM pushing messages, as well as Line (Android app), which works decently on BB10.3.1 from my experimentation with my Z10.

I didn't have a passport for long enough to really try out the battery drain, so this is the one thing I'm most unsure of.

If you leave your phone in your pocket and don't touch it, what is your battery percentage per hour drain like on a passport?

Thanks!
    12-29-14 02:29 AM
    I'm really hoping that the community can help me figure out whether or not I want to buy a Passport, as the sale on the red ones has me really interested.

I've generally used iPhones, but I always get wonderlust and switch. I've had a Z10, a Q10, and a Passport for a couple days, but sold it because the demand was so high at launch. I've also had an HTC One M8, and an Xperia Z3 Compact.

Although the general consensus on the internet seems to be that Android phones have good battery life, I haven't really experienced this in my own usage patterns -- I'm a relatively light user most of the time. I generally go to work, sit at a desk with a computer for several hours and don't use my phone. Of course there are other times where I use my phone a lot, but generally, I don't need to use it. So for me, having good standby is relatively important.

From my experience, Android phones tend to drain a lot. iPhones are really good at not draining. There are days I'll leave my house at 8AM and come home at 7PM with a 98% charge on an iPhone. I've never seen this on an Android.

So what I'm wondering is if anyone would be kind enough to share what kind of standby life you get. For me, I would have 5 gmail accounts pushing email, BBM pushing messages, as well as Line (Android app), which works decently on BB10.3.1 from my experimentation with my Z10.

I didn't have a passport for long enough to really try out the battery drain, so this is the one thing I'm most unsure of.

If you leave your phone in your pocket and don't touch it, what is your battery percentage per hour drain like on a passport?

Thanks!
    What iPhone do you have? I want it! Even my phone Xperia Z2 which bests every iPhone in the whole company I work at has around 89-90% battery life at the end of the day! This is 4 email accounts which are in constant use and 4G and WiFi on and literally nothing cut back on. The guy who sits next to me charges his phone all day and even by the time we sign out and walk to our cars his phone is near 90%.. iPhone 4S btw!
    12-29-14 10:01 AM
    I always put my phone into bedside mode and leave it overnight to charge, but there are days where I forget, or I have enough battery life left to know I'll make it through the next day. For example, on Saturday night I did not plug in my phone. It was at 64% when I went to bed and at 62% when I woke up the next morning. Standby battery life should be more than adequate for you.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    12-29-14 10:39 AM
    That's great. Thanks for letting me know.

As for the iPhone I had that was getting 98% at the end of the workday, I think my best results were with an iPhone 5S. I have a 6 Plus as well, and I've left work with over 95% charge as well.

But if the passport tends to drain only 2% overnight, I would theoretically get similar results and that's reassuring, seeing as that I can't change the battery.

As a side-question, anyone know of any external battery cases for the passport? I have yet to see any.
    12-29-14 12:50 PM
    No external battery cases as of yet (I also have yet to see any for other BB10 phones) but I am hopeful that there will be as this has been a more popular choice than the others among consumers.

There are external battery packs that will work just fine in the interim though.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    12-29-14 01:27 PM