Decided to get a 2d Passport directly from Shop BlackBerry and received a unit with dim screen lighting. They agreed to replace it but the unit comes from their RMA/Repair Dept., is called an "advanced exchange" and the word "repair" is on the shipping/replacement invoice.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? The entire thing was surreal and unprofessional (they issued the RMA quickly but couldn't give me a "tracking number" for TEN days and gave me the runaround).

How can I know that they have not sent me a refurbished unit? The screen lighting is much better...

I could have gotten the Passport from Amazon or other vendors, instead decided to get it from BlackBerry directly and benefit from its warranty and tech support services (which has been good so far).

Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 07:02 AM
    i bought two devices from Amazon (which is an authorised retailer, by the way) and i get the same warranty i would have from ShopBB.
    Not an answer, i know - just an observation.
    01-13-16 07:28 AM
    Thanks for sharing the info.
    My DEADLINE to return the first or BOTH PPS is tomorrow.
    Can anyone help?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 08:47 AM
    B and H photo is a BlackBerry partner and better than amazon.

Nope no clue. Refurbished can be new sometimes too.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    01-13-16 09:52 AM
    Better than Amazon?
    Amazon has replaced items i've returned before i even shipped the problem one back!
    01-13-16 01:58 PM
    I agree. Amazon are great for returns. However, they have sold a unit to me that I believe was a refurb. On new OG PPs, out of the box, there is supposed to be protective clear sticky plastic on the screen, back, camera and on the top and bottom edges. I once received a passport from Amazon without the plastic on the top/bottom edges. I might be wrong but...

HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro 2, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Blackberry Playbook, Blackberry Z10, HTC One M7, HTC One M8, BlackBerry Passport, Blackberry Passport SE & Blackberry Priv (regrettably)
    01-13-16 02:18 PM
    Okay well one time I had ordered a Classic direct from Shop BlackBerry. When I got it, it had some technical issues so what I did was I requested a replacement. The replacement came fast, but it came wrapped in cardboard, and without an original box. The loading screen at the very beginning when you turn it on was in Spanish. The screen had a lot of bleeding on the edges, and the SIM card tray had a bunch of scratches in it. So it's probably safe to say that I got a refurbished device.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 05:34 PM
    I believe you received a refurbished unit. They don't send new phones as a replacement. This was told to me from somebody at the returns center. Even if you send one back the day you got it you still get a refurbished unit back.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 05:46 PM