I'm at a large conference this week for work and just spotted a guy with an AT&T Passport. I struck up a conversation with him and told him I was a BlackBerry fan.

Turns out he works for Boeing and only uses the Passport because they make him. Says it's a "frustrating phone" and he's glad they will be migrating to Android soon.

I assume his frustration is mostly from lack of apps. You can't even get the conference app on BB10 unless you hack the Google Play Store onto it or find the APK another way, and even then it's crippled because it needs Google Play Services. I tried patching it for my Classic but Cobalt's patcher couldn't rebuild it after patching.

I suspect this chap didn't even have the option to install the crippled version on his Passport because his IT dept won't allow installing APKs.

It was nice to see a Passport in the wild. Sad that its owner wasn't happy with it.
    10-11-17 02:05 PM
    That's the thing most "fans" here don't understand.... for Enterprise users under an IT department, the sideloading, direct APK Installations and the Hacked Google Play these things don't exist. Which only brings down the brand in users eyes. Was the same back in 2010 - 2013 with IT was still handing out four or five year old BBOS devices in a modern smartphone age. Many users came to hate BlackBerry, for the same reason that IT loved them....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-17 03:09 PM