Isn't there an app called Workwide which already does this?

Posted by Jzamalot
    04-20-15 09:16 PM
    Ooh, nice graphics. This seems pretty obvious.

The "work wide" app on BlackBerry World offers a limited implementation of this idea. Nice app, but it'd be nice to have working on an OS-level.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 09:29 PM
    Hey, I am the original poster of this thread and the developer of Work Wide... I originally made this thread back in July2014 hoping BlackBerry would have this at an OS level and I still think I presented a great argument. But alas they didn't include any such feature. So in Oct2014 I started development on Work Wide, released v1.0 in Nov2014. We have another major updated slated for May2015.

I know it's not exactly like what I've described in the initial post but we've been constantly working on adding as much as possible. Maybe one day we'll have enough of the core apps that you won't mind that it's not *all* apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 06:19 AM
    Which phones does screen side by side multitasking?

Let's hope BlackBerry are will be forward thinking with the Passport UI.

Most large smartphones and phablets have some sort of multi screen implementation in place now, so this would be the logical step for the passport going forward.

C001C21C1 Thoughts on the fly
    04-21-15 06:27 AM
    Hey, I am the original poster of this thread and the developer of Work Wide... I originally made this thread back in July2014 hoping BlackBerry would have this at an OS level and I still think I presented a great argument. But alas they didn't include any such feature. So in Oct2014 I started development on Work Wide, released v1.0 in Nov2014. We have another major updated slated for May2015.

I know it's not exactly like what I've described in the initial post but we've been constantly working on adding as much as possible. Maybe one day we'll have enough of the core apps that you won't mind that it's not *all* apps.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, haha, didn't notice this was an old thread. Great work with Work Wide. Looking forward to the update.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 09:09 AM
    The Work Wide app is good for this type of function. While it stinks having to buy an app to do 2 apps at once, it is so handy for when you have to power-work: read your email while fixing your spreadsheet, or downloading a pdf attachment and opening it right on the same screen without having to gesture out of the hub... it's great on the large screen of the Passport. I tried it on the Q10 as well and while it's very handy, it doesn't look as good as it does on the huge Passport screen. I couldn't tell you about the Z series but I assume you could use the app horizontally and still see a good bit of information on your screen

 = ♥
    04-21-15 10:24 AM
    Concerning other device support... As this thread suggests Work Wide was originally thought up based on the Passport's screen. I feel as though the Classic gives the second best experience when the keyboard is in use. However in instances where the keyboard isn't necessary like Calculator+Web Browser the Z devices give a great "2 Q10 side by side" experience.

Perhaps the Slider may give Work Wide the biggest run with something like "2 Classic screens stacked top to bottom" plus full access to the keyboard. Should be fun

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-23-15 03:22 PM
    I love Work Wide. It is tied for first as my favorite BB10 side-by-side application.

This next update might be the nudge it needs to take over solo first.
    04-26-15 05:54 PM
    Workwide isn't even close to good enough in my opinion. Though it has its usefulness, it's not an excuse for BlackBerry not to implement this!

If they were smart they could find a way to make active frames ACTUALLY be active and size customizable, and then we would have as many windows open as we want.
    04-26-15 08:24 PM
59 123