Some people really want this.
    Instead of a replacement for the z30, how about a new all touch Passport as others have suggested?

It would likely have a 4x3 ratio and the screen would be 5.3 inches. Making it just smaller than the iPhone 6+ but the actual screen area would be similar. The resolution would be full HD plus at 1920x1440 with the same PPI.

I prefer my Passport as is but I think this might be the way to go for a new touch device. External dimensions would be the same so no new cases would be needed.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 12:53 PM
    Some people really want this.
    Instead of a replacement for the z30, how about a new all touch Passport as others have suggested?

It would likely have a 4x3 ratio and the screen would be 5.3 inches. Making it just smaller than the iPhone 6+ but the actual screen area would be similar. The resolution would be full HD plus at 1920x1440 with the same PPI.

I prefer my Passport as is but I think this might be the way to go for a new touch device. External dimensions would be the same so no new cases would be needed.

Posted via CB10
    Would not be hard for them to make... the question is would it sell.

If enterprise isn't buying the Passport, they sure aren't going to buy an all touch version.

Really think that for BlackBerry the lower cost Classic and RIO are their best shot. But that doesn't help the "fan base" that up to this point has been the main buyer of BB10 devices and many of whom are looking to update their devices to something new and "better".
    01-12-15 01:03 PM
    I wouldn't buy one, I love the pkb.
    01-12-15 01:04 PM
    4:3 is not going to happen. Fragmentation is already an issue.
    01-12-15 01:08 PM
    Excellent point. However it's actually an existing resolution since some tablets use it.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:29 PM
    Would not be hard for them to make... the question is would it sell.

If enterprise isn't buying the Passport, they sure aren't going to buy an all touch version.

Really think that for BlackBerry the lower cost Classic and RIO are their best shot. But that doesn't help the "fan base" that up to this point has been the main buyer of BB10 devices and many of whom are looking to update their devices to something new and "better".
    Not sure if it would sell or not. The R&D would be minimal though.
    The key is, would it sell enough to be profitable?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:31 PM
    I wouldn't buy one, I love the pkb.
    I wouldn't either. But I think a lot of people would.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:31 PM
    One thing to note, when running an app in widescreen mode for compatibility or for playing a 16x9 video, you would have 4.8 inches of screen area at full HD. Similar to an iPhone 6.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:34 PM
    Some good points about it being easier to make due to some common parts with the current PP in process.

Maybe the "old school" enterprise may not go for it (hence the desire for the Classic) but maybe the new wave of enterprise peeps may like it ?

As I mentioned in another forum, an All Touch Passport may be ideal for people to view their work, as well as other commercial stuff. Also, no more black bars for those that get stuck on that aspect of the phone.

The 4:3 ratio is the closest to an 8.5x11 sheet of paper. This would be IDEAL for the "work wide" theme and I think enterprise peeps would love to see their work on a bigger screen. This would be a marketing dream.

People in general love looking at "big shiny screens", (hence the movement towards bigger screens)....so my guess is that people would love it.

Have the pkb format, and the All Touch format and keep their portfolio for devices more streamlined.

The All Touch version would definitely do away the need for a tablet for most, imo.
    01-12-15 03:10 PM
    Excellent point. However it's actually an existing resolution since some tablets use it.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I meant BlackBerry devices. There's already 1:1 at 720*720 and 1440*1440; there's also 16:9 at 1280*720 and the weird 15:9 at 1280*768. Releasing a 4:3 device implies a lot more work than releasing a new device with an existing aspect ratio but a different resolution already does. Keep in mind it would be releasing it and maintaining it on the long run. It's not just an additional burden to BlackBerry but also to the devs since, unlike Android, BB10 doesn't automatically adjust for different resolutions and ratios.

I think the next step on full touch devices should be 16:9 at 2560*1440, to match the Passport.

I have to admit, though, such device would actually be pretty cool.
    01-12-15 04:08 PM
    Sorry, I meant BlackBerry devices. There's already 1:1 at 720*720 and 1440*1440; there's also 16:9 at 1280*720 and the weird 15:9 at 1280*768. Releasing a 4:3 device implies a lot more work than releasing a new device with an existing aspect ratio but a different resolution already does. Keep in mind it would be releasing it and maintaining it on the long run. It's not just an additional burden to BlackBerry but also to the devs since, unlike Android, BB10 doesn't automatically adjust for different resolutions and ratios.

I think the next step on full touch devices should be 16:9 at 2560*1440, to match the Passport.

I have to admit, though, such device would actually be pretty cool.
    I don't know how that would help. 1920x1440 would just give you extta space at the bottom.

I would like to see them streamline to just two sizes and four models.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 04:14 PM
    It is great to dream... but with Chen clamping down on expenses and focusing on Enterprise, software and services, unsure why a high end all touch would be released... certainly would not fit with the Enterprise plan as most want querty keyboards... another example of the consumers wanting a bone... but in this case the cupboard is empty... would be nice to be wrong, but not thinking so..,..
    01-12-15 05:03 PM
    Love the suggestion!
    Hard to see that it may come true. It would be nice., but that means that Blackberry would start completing again with the other manufacturers on a hardware basis.
    Blackberry is not in that game this time around.
    01-12-15 05:06 PM
    An all touch is needed though. There plenty of people that want an all touch bb10 phone. This gets that done with minimal investment.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:00 PM
    Sounds like you really want one, dale-c
    01-12-15 08:57 PM
    Sounds like you really want one, dale-c
    Nope. Just want BlackBerry to do well. I love my Passport with keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 09:27 PM
    Specs of an all touch passport-atpassportpeach.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 09:39 PM
    original playbook
    Specs of an all touch passport-theblackberryplaybook.jpg
    Specs of an all touch passport-atpassportpeach.jpg
    01-12-15 10:05 PM