1: How are the speakers for the passport, because I use iHeart Radio/RadioPup apps constantly when I am in the car so I can listen to my Buffalo stations wherever I am( Thanks T-Mobile unlimited music) on full blast, because my car doesnt have an aux cable

2: As far as signals go, will the Passport receive the same service area and quality that my z10 will(as in, can i get LTE/4G/3G/2G) on the Passport form Amazon/Shop BB. If it helps, im in Buffalo/Pittsburgh/Baltimore

3: Does the Passport have an FM tuner like I am so lacking in the z10?

4: How do android apps work on the passport? I've only used the z10 for android apps and it's been fantastic, but im not sure how it works with a square screen. Mostly it'll be Radiopup/pinterest/My Boy! Free

5: IM assuming that the mini HDMI out isn't with the passport because I havent saw it at all on any video i've watched

6: for switching to 16:9 on the camera, do I just tilt my device to change horizontal/vertical pictures?

7: I havent been able to check these apps for passport compatibility, but does anyone know if tsn/TimmyMe/The weather network is good on the passport?

Thanks all
    12-07-14 10:47 PM
    Speakers are way better and louder than my Z10. There are two.

Android apps run pretty much at native Android performance levels. I have an LG G2 as well. The Passport runs everything just as well.

As for which apps work, I have yet to find any Android app that's not scaling to the square screen.

Using Yelp, Trip Advisor, Flixter, Chase, Discover Card, Audible, Spotify, Amazon, etc. And many more. All works superbly.

The Android thing's a done deal. Other than access to Google Services Framework.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-07-14 11:27 PM
    Um, slightly off-topic, but an aux. Input isn't too hard to add. PM me an email address and I can give you a parts list and walk through. I've done it in GM, Ford and Hyundai vehicles so far.

Crack-a-lackin' since '08
    12-07-14 11:39 PM
    1: How are the speakers for the passport, because I use iHeart Radio/RadioPup apps constantly when I am in the car so I can listen to my Buffalo stations wherever I am( Thanks T-Mobile unlimited music) on full blast, because my car doesnt have an aux cable

2: As far as signals go, will the Passport receive the same service area and quality that my z10 will(as in, can i get LTE/4G/3G/2G) on the Passport form Amazon/Shop BB. If it helps, im in Buffalo/Pittsburgh/Baltimore

3: Does the Passport have an FM tuner like I am so lacking in the z10?

4: How do android apps work on the passport? I've only used the z10 for android apps and it's been fantastic, but im not sure how it works with a square screen. Mostly it'll be Radiopup/pinterest/My Boy! Free

5: IM assuming that the mini HDMI out isn't with the passport because I havent saw it at all on any video i've watched

6: for switching to 16:9 on the camera, do I just tilt my device to change horizontal/vertical pictures?

7: I havent been able to check these apps for passport compatibility, but does anyone know if tsn/TimmyMe/The weather network is good on the passport?

Thanks all
    1: Excellent

2: Better

3: yes

4: work fine and scale well unless Google play services are needed.

5: $5 Slimport cable required to connect via cable to TV

6: if you don't want square pics, press the 3 dots and change picture shape.

7: probably fine, but not sure.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    Mansoor2 likes this.
    12-07-14 11:56 PM
    thank you all for your generous responces.

to guygardner73, I had seen that, but I was wondering, after you did that, how to choose between portrait and landscape mode (assuming it isn't simply rotating the phone)
    12-08-14 03:01 PM
    You just tap the aspect ratio you like. Default is 1:1 though. The weather network isn't available for the passport yet unfortunately but the android version works just fine. I'm going to attempt to pull the weather network .bar from my Q10. I will post if successful.
    Speakers/Radio/Apps/Android/other Passport questions-img_20141208_165538.png

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 03:59 PM
    thank you all for your generous responces.

to guygardner73, I had seen that, but I was wondering, after you did that, how to choose between portrait and landscape mode (assuming it isn't simply rotating the phone)
    Yes, it's just 16:9 and rotate phone 90 degrees for portrait.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    12-08-14 04:55 PM