Hi all,

I got a Passport SE and the last little bit I have been getting some complaints from people regarding call quality. When I use the speakerphone, some people keep telling me I am cutting out or its not very clear. At first I thought they were typical BlackBerry haters, always hating on BlackBerry. I've also just received the same complaint from family who really don't care about mobile phones.

Anyway I can test it? Perhaps some dust or something in it? I'm just trying to figure out what's going on? I can hear the speakers without any issues, it appears to be on the other end where it's not very clear.

Many thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-18 04:24 AM
    If it is on the other end, that could be directly related to a microphone hardware glitch of some kind.

The only microphone 'pin hole' I can see when I do a once over of my Passport SE is on the very bottom, to the left hand side of the USB port. The three grills on the device are for the phone speaker at the top and the stereo speakers on the bottom.

The grills are for the audio you've suggested is not an issue because you hear them, but they don't hear you.

If I were to start troubleshooting this, I would begin by cleaning all those holes out somehow in case there is debris in those holes.

Other than the obvious microphone hole at the bottom, there could be more microphones under the speaker grills too.

I'm just making a guess.
    07-02-18 05:23 AM