On the OG? The speakers are different. SE is sharper and clearer, OG is a little more bassy.

Posted via CB10
    I think they are the same hardware it's just the holes. Actually I thought the SE obviously looks way better but the old blackberry passports grate style on the OG passports speakers seems to let a little more sound through and in a different way. Maybe that is what you meant though.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 02:18 PM
    I think they are the same hardware it's just the holes. Actually I thought the SE obviously looks way better but the old blackberry passports grate style on the OG passports speakers seems to let a little more sound through and in a different way. Maybe that is what you meant though.

Posted via CB10
    I've owned both devices and used multiples of each. The speakers are definitely different sounding. I don't know the reason.

The SE's screen also has much better white balance and appears to be closer to the surface of the glass, giving it a clearer appearance.

I know there shouldn't be differences, but there are.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    05-21-16 03:03 PM
    I've not had any issues with speakers or screen on my Passport.
    05-21-16 10:06 PM
    OK I will speak slowly, the Moto x pure has better speakers than the BlackBerry passport... better now.
    That's a huge lie LOL

Posted via CB10
    ReinGutierrez likes this.
    05-21-16 11:18 PM
    That's a huge lie LOL

Posted via CB10
    I also don't believe it.

The BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition has a very good Stereo Speaker

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    05-22-16 04:18 PM
    Yeah, Passport's sound is the best. Literally nothing beats it yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 05:33 PM
    I used the Z30 for awhile, and at low volumes, there was way too much noise and static. Constant static hum. Maybe they outperform the Passport's when louder, however. But not at every volume setting.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting that I never had any issue of hum, static, or any other noises on my Z30 speakers - regardless of the volume setting.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 11:14 PM
    Yeah, Passport's sound is the best. Literally nothing beats it yet.

Posted via CB10
    Deluded.
    05-23-16 04:22 AM
    Interesting that I never had any issue of hum, static, or any other noises on my Z30 speakers - regardless of the volume setting.

Posted via CB10
    I tend to agree with this. I have both and actually find the the Z30 to have louder and better sound. Love em both though.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 05:45 AM
    One thing I have noticed, if you stand the passport on end so it's speakers reverberate off the table, then you are looking at some tremendous volume.It is actually louder than the Moto x.So to all the people who love a bit of volume on their phone, yes the passport on end is a vision of shimmering aural excitement. You can now close the thread. Goodnight and God bless.
    05-23-16 07:32 AM
    I am really satisfied with the Passport's speakers, especially considering the stereo setup.. I am however intrigued by the Z30's..

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 08:10 AM
    My Black 2014 Passport had loud as church bell speakers. My 2015 September White Passport wasn't as impressive.
    05-23-16 08:12 AM
    I agree the speakers are very good, the problem is that people have a multitude of ways to listen to music externally. If I was having a party and playing music I wouldn't play it through my Passport. I'd play it through my Bluetooth speakers. Same if I was at home listening to music. If I'm out in public I'm going to use quality headphones and not the trash that Blackberry includes with their devices. I just don't know that there is a time where i personally would care about the quality of music or media coming through a phones speaker.

HTC tried this with their (superior to the Passport) Boomsound speakers. And while they were awesome people didn't buy it because it just isn't practical for many people to play music through a phone outside of watching the occasional YouTube video or quick clip. Just my opinion, but I do appreciate the sound the Passport has.
    05-23-16 09:59 AM
    I tend to agree with this. I have both and actually find the the Z30 to have louder and better sound. Love em both though.

Posted via CB10
    That's pretty amazing beings the z 30 solo(?) speaker is on the back as well? Wow...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 04:15 PM
    Best in Class, or the GOAT (greatest of all time)

Posted with a Passport for Productivity
    05-24-16 04:23 PM
    My Black 2014 Passport had loud as church bell speakers. My 2015 September White Passport wasn't as impressive.
    Hmm, my SE is loud as ever I know different regions have different settings to the loudest setting they can ship it with and beings QNX is un-rootable it can not be changed. Was one of yours from a different region then the other initially?

With all that said again, if I turn it down halfway or even a little less I can barely hear it so it's like all or nothing. However could be my hearing. At full the SE rattles like it's vibrating just from the speakers. Really wonder why the priv got "a" mono speaker.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 04:45 PM
    If anybody here can prove to me that the passports speakers are louder than the Moto, I will quite happily give them my passport free of charge.
    05-25-16 06:18 AM
    If anybody here can prove to me that the passports speakers are louder than the Moto, I will quite happily give them my passport free of charge.
    Please Record a Video of Both Sounds. So we can decide it.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    05-26-16 10:21 AM
    Please Record a Video of Both Sounds. So we can decide it.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    Haha, I know the Moto is louder, it's up to you to prove to me that the passport has the decibels over the sweet sounding, stereo pumping Moto x pure.Then
    the passport is yours, am bored of it anyway.
    05-26-16 01:00 PM
    Haha, I know the Moto is louder, it's up to you to prove to me that the passport has the decibels over the sweet sounding, stereo pumping Moto x pure.Then
    the passport is yours, am bored of it anyway.
    I'm sincerely curious myself, since I have no experience owning/listening to the Moto X. So, really...there's nothing wrong in asking. I think ReinGutierrez posted a fair request -- someone who has one (and has the time to do so) could post a sound sample (or a video clip demonstrating its speaker sound) vs. the Passport speaker. It would be nice to see/hear them side by side, if possible.

BTW, it's great that you like the Moto X. But honestly, I don't understand why some feel the need to 'one-up' each other when it comes to phones...or any electronic device, for that matter.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    05-26-16 05:31 PM
    I so wish the Passport and BB10 in general were a smashing success. This is a great phone and wonderful OS. What a pity. All about the apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 03:13 PM
    Luxury!

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    08-10-16 07:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I tries Z30 and Passport side to side with the same songs. Being a musician my ear is well trainer to spot the differences in sound.

Z30 sounds better with a fuller aand bassier sound. Also, stereo separation is more audible. Anyway it's true that noise ratio is slightly worse on Z30 at low volume levels but you never hear music that low.

Actually Z30 was better sounding than my HTC One M7 with Boomsound and beatsaudio EQ, go figure...

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 09:13 AM
    Z30 has great speakers too. As does the PlayBook.
    08-10-16 10:10 AM
    Either way on both devices, why doesn't cb10 app doesn't refrsh to the next page using the touch keybaord.!

 P A S S P O R T | O.G. Fish! //;=>
    08-10-16 08:33 PM
85 1234