I already bought one backup Passport but don't want to mothball my ATT just yet.

Has anyone found an authentic blackberry replacement keyboard for Passport? One thread said they are one Amazon bbut (see what I mean) I don't see any there.

I have had bad luck with replacement Lenovo keyboards on ebay, etc. I end up with garbage made in China stuff.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 02:25 PM
    There is a company on Amazon called Unifix that appears to sell "Q30" Passport keyboards but does not hold them out as being OEM. In my experience these aftermarket keyboards (for laptops) are never as good or even usable.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 02:30 PM
    Looks like ebay has more options. Thinking aloud here.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 02:33 PM
    it's impossible to find anything BUT authentic OEM replacement keypads for the Passports.

Reasoning: the cost of machinery, molding and tooling required to manufacture such a component for such a device renders it impossible to turn a profit on.

There are lots and lots available on eBay.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 04:09 PM
    I just bought one from Amazon and it looks and feels great. Haven't installed it yet but seems fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 04:13 PM
    I just bought one from Amazon and it looks and feels great. Haven't installed it yet but seems fine.

Posted via CB10
    What was the brand? Also, can you update after you install? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 04:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I will check when I get home and post back here tomorrow. I got one cause the spacebar key on my spare Passport is kind of dull and doesn't click well enough. Checked all the keys on this one and they press nicely

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 04:48 PM
    it's impossible to find anything BUT authentic OEM replacement keypads for the Passports.

Reasoning: the cost of machinery, molding and tooling required to manufacture such a component for such a device renders it impossible to turn a profit on.

There are lots and lots available on eBay.

Posted via CB10
    Is this your hunch or your knowledge from experience? You would be amazed at how much knock off stuff gets made in China.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 05:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Gosh sorry I forgot to check for a brand name on my new passport keyboard but I just finished following a complete tutorial and replaced the keyboard and screen assembly. Everything appears to be working perfectly and no screen lift now. Here are some pictured of the parts I bought. Hope this helps anyone.

Source for OEM replacement keyboards-img_20170107_182219.jpg

Source for OEM replacement keyboards-img_20170107_182246.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 05:23 PM
    My go-to for parts is always etradesupply. If it says grade S+ then it is an OEM part.

I don't know if the keyboards are different between the original Passport and the AT&T Passport; on their site they only differentiate between the Passport and Passport SE. Under regular Passport they show 3 keyboards - black, red, and white. $17+ and some shipping will get the first 2 colors to you, $13+ the white one. ($57+ for the Passport SE keyboard!! but it comes with the surround as well, not just the bare keyboard)

Richard
    01-08-17 06:24 PM