It looks like sound notification volume is much lower after update, compare to previous one
    Does anybody experience the same problem ??
    PackmanX likes this.
    02-19-15 12:02 PM
    Yes I too have exact that issue indeed as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 12:11 PM
    when you guys post these things, you have to mention what phone you have, what version you have, who you updated with and what version you are upgrading from, etc.
    02-19-15 12:17 PM
    when you guys post these things, you have to mention what phone you have, what version you have, who you updated with and what version you are upgrading from, etc.
    17 posts?

This is the Passport section. We are talking about the official update. So I don't see were you going.

@OP. Same here. I had to put notification bar to the max. Even the virtual keyboard is low. You hear nearly nothing. Overall a great update. But the volume??? I see that I will miss many calls outside. This, they blew it.
    tomsobon likes this.
    02-19-15 12:20 PM
    I am talking on Passport update, since this is the passport section
    02-19-15 12:39 PM
    Guys it affects the alarm clock as well, WATCH OUT!!
    02-19-15 12:47 PM
    This is a real bummer here.

Before, the sound was perfectly. Has anyone of you gents tried the call quality???

I once had this issue on my Z30 when it came out! You couldn't hear your partner very well.

Hope they fix it!
    02-19-15 12:52 PM
    This is a real bummer here.

Before, the sound was perfectly. Has anyone of you gents tried the call quality???

I once had this issue on my Z30 when it came out! You couldn't hear your partner very well.

Hope they fix it!
    Call quality is great, no issues there, thank god for that...
    02-19-15 01:03 PM
    I've just posted a thread about this, the sound sounds like it's on half rather than full! I can hardly hear them going off!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 01:04 PM
    Mine can't stop vibrating in addition to the low sound. There's no option to separate vibrate from ring also. I'm stumped!!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 01:09 PM
    I've just posted a thread about this, the sound sounds like it's on half rather than full! I can hardly hear them going off!

Posted via CB10
    Will check that thread out for sure. I am asking, why is Blackberry doing this ffs? Have our ears improved all of a sudden?

Call quality is great, no issues there, thank god for that...
    Thank you fine sir. But still. I need notification sounds! Thats important! Can't afford to miss calls or messages.
    02-19-15 01:09 PM
    Can anybody post link where 1154 autoloader for Passport. I will downgrade it. it's been 2 hours, and i have missed all BBM notification, when phone in my packet
    02-19-15 01:11 PM
    Can anybody post link where 1154 autoloader for Passport. I will downgrade it. it's been 2 hours, and i have missed all BBM notification, when phone in my packet
    Wow. Is it that extreme? I guess I will also miss many calls outside.

I can hardly hear my notifications for SMS, mail and Whatsup. Can't believe how on earth they did that.
    02-19-15 01:13 PM
    Q10 just updated, vibrate is on for every BBM message. BBM is not listed in the customizable apps for notifications
    02-19-15 01:16 PM
    Maybe there is a way to fix the sound problem.

I think that I've to locate and search the BAR files of the OS 10.3.0.908 on the internet some where.

After that, I'll use Sachesi to sideload a single BAR file for the sound volume only.

Then reboot or restart the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Then test the sound volume of music of course.

Maybe that will do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 02-19-15 at 04:33 PM.
    02-19-15 01:31 PM
    Sachesi? Is that a cheese brand? Sorry, I am not into leaking or hacking.

I just received several whatsup messages. I am very angry because the sound is very low, although the bar is set on maximum. Why on earth? Why? I missed all the messages.
    02-19-15 01:53 PM
    Classic has the same problem. In the beginning I thought it is due to the hardware but since moving my PP to 10.3.1 I know it is the OS.

All sounds are coming with reduced volume. Also the keyboard clicks. Annoying.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 01:56 PM
    Same for me. Volume has greatly reduced for all notifications including the Alarm!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 02:58 PM
    Tried everything.

Sound is lowered to the half.

Hey BlackBerry. Please do us a favor. Next update take the sound completely away. Just give us led and vibration. Why sound right?

Lol. I missed two calls already and all whatsapp notification. Why did I upgrade? 10.3.0. was just perfect.

Posted via CB10
    RDZONE99 and tomsobon like this.
    02-19-15 03:12 PM
    No notification sound degradation. Just flickering.
    02-19-15 03:16 PM
    I don't have this issue. Are you sure everything is alright with your sound profile settings? Notifications, Main Volume, Apps...

One thing I have noticed though, I can't switch between silent and normal with the volume shift keys anymore :-(

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:27 PM
    I don't have this issue. Are you sure everything is alright with your sound profile settings? Notifications, Main Volume, Apps...

One thing I have noticed though, I can't switch between silent and normal with the volume shift keys anymore :-(

Posted via CB10
    You could switch between silent and normal using the vol keys?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:51 PM
    Yep, that's one of the first things I noticed when I received the botched AT&T mistake of an update a while back.

All sound notifications noticeably decreased. I even think the sound when placing someone on speakerphone also decreased.

I was hoping this recent and legit update would solve that issue. Unfortunately, I heard that even with this recent update, that some people are still having the flickering problem :S.
    02-19-15 04:00 PM
    Tried everything.

Sound is lowered to the half.

Hey BlackBerry. Please do us a favor. Next update take the sound completely away. Just give us led and vibration. Why sound right?

Lol. I missed two calls already and all whatsapp notification. Why did I upgrade? 10.3.0. was just perfect.

Posted via CB10
    It hasn't affected calls notification.
    02-19-15 04:18 PM
    You could switch between silent and normal using the vol keys?

Posted via CB10
    Yes thankfully it's gone now. Very annoying to accidentally come out of silent when putting the phone in pocket
    02-19-15 04:19 PM
51 123