Ummm... Passport is nearly 3 years old with a dead OS. It IS obsolete.
    Sure, but up until very recently they were still selling passports directly. This issue is a critical failure of the device and it's happened to many people. It's not likely, but it would be nice if they could provide an answer.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 08:57 PM
    After tweeting them they are asking me to make a 1 payment fee which is of $35, has anybody go trough this support?

Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 12:56 PM
    Mine started developing this issue about a week ago, to a point where the device is almost useless outside.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 06:54 PM
    Mine started developing this issue about a week ago, to a point where the device is almost useless outside.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 06:56 PM
    Such a shame. And I can't even buy a KeyONE to replace it with. Might switch to iPhone, which would be terrible.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 07:00 PM
    Such a shame. And I can't even buy a KeyONE to replace it with. Might switch to iPhone, which would be terrible.

Posted via CB10
    The wait for the KEYone release is killing the productivity, You can't switch also.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 07:55 PM
    Is the "sos" Network issue with Passpost fixed?-img_20170416_080419.png
    Did do you choose all mode 2G-3G-4G? The signal maybe cause by your network provider.

Post via Passport
    04-15-17 08:08 PM
    When I use the same Sim on my passport SE with same settings it works flawlessly. It's not an issue with Sim Cards or settings.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by aullak; 04-17-17 at 10:06 AM.
    04-16-17 10:23 AM
    The problem has been going on for over a year, for some as far back as 18 months. So obsolescence wasn't the issue. They just didn't want to replace the affected devices
    04-17-17 02:31 PM
    Do a Wipe!
    04-17-17 08:48 PM
    everyone needs a little humor from time to time...not everyone gets the same jokes. or as they say in south korea: "the joke that isnt written by chalk when its raining, is the best joke for when the clouds are parted" HAHAHAHA!

now lets work together to see what problems we can fix today

Anyone have a question about Wi-Fi ???
    04-19-17 09:31 PM
    Out of 36 posts (minus all the posts about my reply) only 3 posts actually made some attempt to offer the OP any suggestion (not counting buying a different device)

I've had my Passport since the day it was released! I briefly had the same issue as the OP and the very few others of you that still have this problem.
    It took me several hours of searching and investigating and it took EXACTLY what I posted to get my Mobile Network back up and running.

I see a lot of "maybes" " ifs" and so on, but not one hint of anyone actually trying my suggestion.
    What if Maybe you give it a shot ? Whadaya got to lose??

IT WORKED FOR ME!! And I'm no different than you guys. (Well, I Am special....) but other than that......
    04-21-17 10:35 AM
    Although I don't have the OP issue on my Passport... I can totally believe this (WiFi settings) causing the problem.
    I have seen settings disabled and wifi preferences flipped round. I would give this a try if you have issues.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-21-17 01:26 PM
    Out of 36 posts (minus all the posts about my reply) only 3 posts actually made some attempt to offer the OP any suggestion (not counting buying a different device)

I've had my Passport since the day it was released! I briefly had the same issue as the OP and the very few others of you that still have this problem.
    It took me several hours of searching and investigating and it took EXACTLY what I posted to get my Mobile Network back up and running.

I see a lot of "maybes" " ifs" and so on, but not one hint of anyone actually trying my suggestion.
    What if Maybe you give it a shot ? Whadaya got to lose??

IT WORKED FOR ME!! And I'm no different than you guys. (Well, I Am special....) but other than that...... http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif
    Could you please breif me how did you fix it???

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 02:10 PM
    Scroll down - it's the one about baking the motherboard http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...94/index3.html

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 04:42 AM
    Could you please breif me how did you fix it???

Posted via CB10
    It's the first reply to the OP!
    04-22-17 04:45 AM
    Scroll down - it's the one about baking the motherboard http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...94/index3.html

Posted via CB10
    Baking the mobo, huh? How's that working out for you, Jon??
    Keep in mind that I don't have any problems with my Passport.
    04-22-17 04:49 AM
    Do a Wipe!
    He's kidding! You ARE kidding, right?
    Why would you do something THAT extreme ? (The question is rhetorical)
    04-22-17 04:54 AM
    Multiple threads on this. It is your cell connection not your wifi connection that develops the fault. No solution has been found, blackberry is aware of the problem.

The take away is that if you are looking for a long term bb10 phone for your bunker it needs to be a z10/z30/leap, not a passport.
    04-22-17 04:56 AM
    Multiple threads on this. It is your cell connection not your wifi connection that develops the fault. No solution has been found, blackberry is aware of the problem.

The take away is that if you are looking for a long term bb10 phone for your bunker it needs to be a z10/z30/leap, not a passport.

What part of my description and the fact that it works did you NOT understand? How's the "No Solution" attitude working for you??
    It's your opinion that you can't find a solution. And unless you tried what i did to get my Passport up and running you have no business acting like it's FACT.... it's just your misguided opinion.

But, the "Take away" is that MY Passport works!
    And BB10 has been dead for almost 2 years and somehow it too works on my passport.

It must be my positive attitude along with a lot of searching, reading and remedying the problem.
    And maybe, the fact that I've been helping people solve their device issues for years has given me some insight.
    04-22-17 06:10 AM
    What part of my description and the fact that it works did you NOT understand? How's the "No Solution" attitude working for you??
    It's your opinion that you can't find a solution. And unless you tried what i did to get my Passport up and running you have no business acting like it's FACT.... it's just your misguided opinion.

But, the "Take away" is that MY Passport works!
    And BB10 has been dead for almost 2 years and somehow it too works on my passport.

It must be my positive attitude along with a lot of searching, reading and remedying the problem.
    And maybe, the fact that I've been helping people solve their device issues for years has given me some insight.
    But WIFI re-entering Passwords won't help, let's assume that I've no WiFi connected to mmy device.

I've done a complete wipe and run the autoloader and still no success

I don't think what you've mentioned the steps would work.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 06:19 AM
    He's kidding! You ARE kidding, right?
    Why would you do something THAT extreme ? (The question is rhetorical)
    Goodness, Doing a Wipe is not extreme! Are U kidding? DO a back up, Wipe and reload, if something goes bonkers you install the back up! Wipe is the new battery pull, I wipe my phone and reinstall everything every 4 to 6 months for a nice refresh, why it goes back to being more responsive after doing so is that Junk Happens. Wipe is not extreme at all.
    04-22-17 06:25 AM

Oh please stop, I've owned 3 PPOG's and now one SE, never had any fatal issues ever!
    04-22-17 06:26 AM
    Something else you might wanna try!
    When is last time you cleaned....I mean REALLY cleaned your device??
    If you're not using condensed air to keep the ports free of dust and grime and gently spraying the opening in back there's a good chance the antenna
    has gotten so much build up that it's not reading the airways.
    Also, if you keep your device in your pocket, you MUST cover the power port. If a coin or a piece of metal makes contact with that port it WILL cause damage to your device.

These suggestions have been tested time and again through the years with people I've helped. Sometimes, it's the little things that you wouldn't normally think of that creates big problems.
    04-22-17 06:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    WHAT!?!? Bake the mother board! Disassemble the entire phone a put the mother board in the kitchen oven then reassemble! Oh come on now! I have to believe that is a prank post for sure! Just buy a used one....
    04-22-17 06:30 AM
65 123