Passport will not connect to the carrier network. Anyone got this figured out yet.
    04-08-17 10:02 AM
    Here's the issue. The last update reversed your Wi-Fi connections back to default deleting the passwords.
    So, what you're experiencing is your device trying to reconnect, disconnecting and so on and depending on how many settings you have ( I have two for my main router connections and two for guest.)it'll try the first and continue to each one.

Here's the solution. Open each connection One at a time and reenter the passwords (to each connection)
    Reboot your device and that'll do it!!
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-08-17 11:52 AM
    Passport will not connect to the carrier network. Anyone got this figured out yet.
    I believe you are talking about your mobile network carrier and not your WIFI connection? As the previous post suggest it is your WIFI that you are having issues with.

If the SOS, "Emergency Calls Only" is the issue, I am sad to share with you that it has already been a TWO YEAR OLD issue with no relief in sight.

I suggest you consider trying to get an alternate phone in the meantime. As we don't know when a solution will be available,if ever.

Peace.

"Emergency Calls Only", on an INFECTED Passport with NO CURE in sight.
    Last edited by kunz1925shooter; 04-09-17 at 08:10 AM.
    04-08-17 08:50 PM
    if you do decide to purchase an alternative phone while your Passport is down, please share it with us, any info would be great for affected Passport users to know as additional reference in case some need to decide what to get as the said alternate phone.

I personally could not migrate to my first temporary phone. A brand new Lenovo A7000-A. I was not happy with Android and the hardware performance.

I was not sure if it was the software or the under powered hardware. It would crash and hang. (Maybe burn going down in flames,hahaha...I can't help it coz that was what I felt whe it would "crash and hang")

I choose to go back to BlackBerry 10. So I got my self a brand new white BlackBerry Z30. I"m very,very pleased with the performance of the BlackBerry 10 operating system coupled with the z30 hardware.

It is highly optimized, both hardware and software. Kinda a match made in heaven. Reliable, fast, and topped off with a micro HDMI port. It is my daily driver now.

I have my range assistant, take videos of me at the IPSC shooting matches that I compete in during the weekend.

When I get home I hook it up to my HDTV via HDMI. It is a kinda magic to have such a mobile device.

But I still miss my Passport 's physical keyboard and the work wide thingy. Otherwise I am some what happy with the z30 till the Passport SOS is solved.

Just sharing. Thanks.

Peace.

"Emergency Calls Only", on an INFECTED Passport with NO CURE in sight.
    04-09-17 08:27 AM
    Here's the issue. The last update reversed your Wi-Fi connections back to default deleting the passwords.
    So, what you're experiencing is your device trying to reconnect, disconnecting and so on and depending on how many settings you have ( I have two for my main router connections and two for guest.)it'll try the first and continue to each one.

Here's the solution. Open each connection One at a time and reenter the passwords (to each connection)
    Reboot your device and that'll do it!!

Is the "sos" Network issue with Passpost fixed?-nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    04-09-17 08:54 AM
    Regarding the OP's Question"connecting to the carrier network and my Wi-Fi response
    (On my Passport) it took my response to accomplish the answer to the OP's question.

Which could suggest that the two are related.
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 04-19-17 at 09:37 PM.
    04-09-17 05:27 PM
    Regarding the OP's Question"connecting to the carrier network and my Wi-Fi response
    (On my Passport) it took my response to accomplish the answer to the OP's question.

Which could suggest that the two are related.
    Um...

I think the confusion comes from the fact that the OPs question made no mention of wi-fi either in the title or in the body of the post.

Because, what if the OP has no access to wi-fi. Then you can't use that as part of the solution.

Joel
    04-09-17 06:15 PM
    [QUOTE=joeldf;12832171]Um...

"I think the confusion comes from the fact that the OPs question made no mention of wi-fi either in the title or in the body of the post."

I do believe you made the point very clear.

I totally agree with your observation.

Peace.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 06:52 PM
    Um...

I think the confusion comes from the fact that the OPs question made no mention of wi-fi either in the title or in the body of the post.

Because, what if the OP has no access to wi-fi. Then you can't use that as part of the solution.

Joel
    Bingo

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 07:04 PM
    I do believe that the problem has not been solved by BlackBerry.

It obviously is a serious matter affecting some Passport owners.

Humor at times may lighten a serious matter. But sometimes it may be counter productive to the situation.

In this particular situation, I would not use humor.

I know what it feels like to have your Passport have the same issue.

I sympathize with the OP.

To refrain further confusion with his problem is I think it would be the right thing to do.

Peace.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 07:05 PM
    I do believe that the problem has not been solved by BlackBerry.

It obviously is a serious matter affecting some Passport owners.

Humor at times may lighten a serious matter. But sometimes it may be counter productive to the situation.

In this particular situation, I would not use humor.

I know what it feels like to have your Passport have the same issue.

I sympathize with the OP.

To refrain further confusion with his problem is I think it would be the right thing to do.

Peace.

Posted via CB10

everyone needs a little humor from time to time...not everyone gets the same jokes. or as they say in south korea: "the joke that isnt written by chalk when its raining, is the best joke for when the clouds are parted" HAHAHAHA!

now lets work together to see what problems we can fix today
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-09-17 08:05 PM
    everyone needs a little humor from time to time...not everyone gets the same jokes. or as they say in south korea: "the joke that isnt written by chalk when its raining, is the best joke for when the clouds are parted" HAHAHAHA!

now lets work together to see what problems we can fix today
    Hehehe. Ok.

Hahaha.

Peace.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-09-17 08:14 PM
    I also have this issue and the Blackberry Service Center says this is common issue with Passports, Blackberry is aware of this issue, However there is no fix provided by them yet.

I've tweeted out to Blackberryhelp awaiting for a response from them.
    kunz1925shooter likes this.
    04-10-17 06:20 AM
    I also have this issue and the Blackberry Service Center says this is common issue with Passports, Blackberry is aware of this issue, However there is no fix provided by them yet.

I've tweeted out to Blackberryhelp awaiting for a response from them.
    Thanks!

We all hope there will be a positive reply and a real solution!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 06:46 AM
    Out of curiosity, does your passport ever pick up the mobile network signal? Or is it always "Emergency Calls Only?"

Posted via CB10
    Younes Zendaoui likes this.
    04-10-17 07:45 PM
    Thanks!

We all hope there will be a positive reply and a real solution!

Posted via CB10
    Have they answered since you posted this 13 hours ago?
    04-10-17 07:52 PM
    My signal is intermittent, It will go from LTE to emergency calls and back again. Most times even when it displays LTE when I attempt to make a call after a few moments a red X will appear in the upper right. Other times calls and text will work. Very Frustrating Experience.
    04-10-17 10:18 PM
    Out of curiosity, does your passport ever pick up the mobile network signal? Or is it always "Emergency Calls Only?"

Posted via CB10
    No it's intermittent when I am inside home it won't pickup, when I go out it picks up and drops again.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 12:55 AM
    Sorry to hear OP that you have the same problem that many of us have on our Passport. I now have a mini tablet that looks like a passport that cost $600, being used to play music in my office. I could have saved a lot of money and just used the PlayBook.

Sorry to say, they will never fix it. Many threads on this
    andy957 likes this.
    04-12-17 09:13 AM
    I'm sure in 2.5 years from now the keyone will be having an major issuses of it's own, and the BB Elitists will say "Forget about the keyone that platform is dead, move on to the new device".
    andy957 likes this.
    04-12-17 03:11 PM
    Why ain't @b1aze or CBK doing anything about it? Why ain't blackberry doing anything about it?

Is this the type of support they are willing to provide which is not even obselete device?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 05:00 PM
    Why ain't @b1aze or CBK doing anything about it? Why ain't blackberry doing anything about it?

Is this the type of support they are willing to provide which is not even obselete device?

Posted via CB10
    Ummm... Passport is nearly 3 years old with a dead OS. It IS obsolete.
    andy957 likes this.
    04-12-17 05:20 PM
    Ummm... Passport is nearly 3 years old with a dead OS. It IS obsolete.
    But it was never officially announced by blackberry, so how can it become obseletE?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 05:54 PM
    But it was never officially announced by blackberry, so how can it become obseletE?

Posted via CB10
    NOBODY ever "announces" when a device is obsolete. Did Samsung announce when the S3 was obsolete? No.

Support simply ends when the warranty is done.

For all practical purposes, that's "obsolete".

Joel
    04-12-17 07:57 PM
    I just had this today. What I had to do was reset apn to default settings. I'm using mintsim as my carrier

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 08:50 PM
65 123