Up to this day, there's no better build device than Passport. I just bought a brand new one off ebay to replace my old one which, in the heat of the moment, got smashed against a concrete floor. It took three hard hits to have only the screen detached. Try this with any other device and see what happens. I plan on buying one more and be set for life. Superior device run by superior OS that will still do what it does today ten years from now with or without official support. I just love that polished, heavy, sleek, professional thing in my hand or pocket! While waiting for it to arrive I had to use a Samsung for a week. I felt like dealing with a pre-historic piece of stone carved in the shape of a phone that had to do impossible things...
    ratfinkstooley and falbo like this.
    03-11-18 05:57 PM
    Keyone is really nice
    03-12-18 01:18 PM
    Up to this day, there's no better build device than Passport. I just bought a brand new one off ebay to replace my old one which, in the heat of the moment, got smashed against a concrete floor. It took three hard hits to have only the screen detached. Try this with any other device and see what happens. I plan on buying one more and be set for life. Superior device run by superior OS that will still do what it does today ten years from now with or without official support. I just love that polished, heavy, sleek, professional thing in my hand or pocket! While waiting for it to arrive I had to use a Samsung for a week. I felt like dealing with a pre-historic piece of stone carved in the shape of a phone that had to do impossible things...
    While it's true, Passport was excellent built device, no one is sure that it will be able to run normal after 12/2019 BB10 shutdown. 10 years is a long time in technology compatability years.
    03-12-18 01:21 PM
    While everyone's praising the Passpot's excellent manufacturing quality and carefully engineered hardware, I'm getting screen lifts (and screen "falls" every time I put it face down) all the freaking time. Even after I tried to glue it, which broke my volume buttons. The BlackBerry logo "berries" at the back are coming off, too.
    I like the phone but it's way too fragile.

GTFOing from BlackBerry !
    03-22-18 06:13 AM
    While it's true, Passport was excellent built device, no one is sure that it will be able to run normal after 12/2019 BB10 shutdown. 10 years is a long time in technology compatability years.
    I have a few phones from 2007/2008 which I keep as souvenirs. From time to time I charge them and play with them for fun. All I have to do is insert the sim card and they run like champs! This is exactly 11 years later! I'm absolutely confident that my Passport will perform even better than those "relics" some 10 years from now. Quitting support for BB10 does not mean all BB10 run devices will instantly turn off the lights and die! Technology doesn't really develop as fast as you may think. Adding more stupid and useless functions or similar gimmicks is not technology advancement as all phone and car manufacturers are trying to convince the customers. What major break-through was achieved in the device market since the original iPhone? Even if you're able to name one or two (I personally can't recall even one) those in no way impact or limit the future functionality of the older devices. And even if something really big comes up, my Passport will still be able to place calls, send mails and read the stock market. And I'll be doing it the way I like it!
    03-22-18 01:23 PM
    While everyone's praising the Passpot's excellent manufacturing quality and carefully engineered hardware, I'm getting screen lifts (and screen "falls" every time I put it face down) all the freaking time. Even after I tried to glue it, which broke my volume buttons. The BlackBerry logo "berries" at the back are coming off, too.
    I like the phone but it's way too fragile.

While this issue had been reported numerous times, you may have a real lemon or you're ultimately careless. See my post above. I tried to physically destroy the device against a concrete floor and aside from a detached screen I miserably failed. And trust me, when I hit, I hit hard! You may be right in your personal case but generally calling the Passport fragile is like calling Texas small!
    Qorax likes this.
    03-22-18 01:35 PM
    While this issue had been reported numerous times, you may have a real lemon or you're ultimately careless. See my post above. I tried to physically destroy the device against a concrete floor and aside from a detached screen I miserably failed. And trust me, when I hit, I hit hard! You may be right in your personal case but generally calling the Passport fragile is like calling Texas small!
    "Aside from a detached screen" you can't just ignore a detached screen! Thanks for proving my point. The screen is the Passport's greatest weakness, and it's extremely fragile. It's like saying "glasses are extremely solid! I just threw mine repeatedly on the ground and aside from broken glass, the rest is still fine".

03-23-18 04:29 AM
    "Aside from a detached screen" you can't just ignore a detached screen! Thanks for proving my point. The screen is the Passport's greatest weakness, and it's extremely fragile. It's like saying "glasses are extremely solid! I just threw mine repeatedly on the ground and aside from broken glass, the rest is still fine".

My Passport has hit parking lots several times, once being catapulted out of my belt clip holster by the seatbelt into the air and onto concrete. The only damage that has resulted from all of these is a slight ding on a corner. Several times it landed screen down. No cracked or detached screen.
    Which just proves one person's experience is not an indicator of a universal experience everyone else will have, just as my early production model KEYᵒⁿᵉ has never had a detached screen, even after a couple of drops.
    Qorax likes this.
    03-23-18 04:50 AM
    I have a few phones from 2007/2008 which I keep as souvenirs. From time to time I charge them and play with them for fun. All I have to do is insert the sim card and they run like champs! This is exactly 11 years later! I'm absolutely confident that my Passport will perform even better than those "relics" some 10 years from now. Quitting support for BB10 does not mean all BB10 run devices will instantly turn off the lights and die! Technology doesn't really develop as fast as you may think. Adding more stupid and useless functions or similar gimmicks is not technology advancement as all phone and car manufacturers are trying to convince the customers. What major break-through was achieved in the device market since the original iPhone? Even if you're able to name one or two (I personally can't recall even one) those in no way impact or limit the future functionality of the older devices. And even if something really big comes up, my Passport will still be able to place calls, send mails and read the stock market. And I'll be doing it the way I like it!
    Totally agree with you! I had the original iPhone for about 5years and if the battery hadn't of failed probably longer.

I was pretty sure I was going to get another iPhone but in the I wasn't convinced and after doing a bit of research I went for the z10. Then the Passport was launched and the rest is history - best phone ever and I hope it was last me for years to come!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Qorax and ratfinkstooley like this.
    03-23-18 10:35 AM
    Lol..you will not be using a passport a decade from now I promise you
    03-23-18 09:49 PM
    I've been using a KEYone for about 8 months now, and I'm really happy with it. The keyboard is great.

Never used a Passport before, but with all the talk about the Passport around here, I decided to buy one (OG black). I wanted to learn more about it and also because I liked the aspects about it which others highlight, like the wider screen.

There's no doubt it's a beautiful device. Just looking at it sitting on my desk, it's so different but cool looking. It's hard to describe it exactly, but the very first time I typed on it, it just felt right. Perhaps because the keyboard is a little bigger, but I found it really easy to type on and the key press fantastic.

I use my black K1 as my regular device, but plan to use the Passport as a backup.

Despite the fate of BB10, I'm sure the Passport and other BB10 phones will provide useful functionality for years to come. Heck I just stopped using a 9900 last year, but there's folks here that still swear by them and get great use out of them.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 03-24-18 at 07:00 PM.
    Qorax and ratfinkstooley like this.
    03-24-18 06:44 PM
    KEYone is one of the worst android smartphone in snapdragon 625.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-24-18 07:15 PM
    lol when you said PP I was thinking Pixel Phone by Google and I was just thinking why this person is comparing two unrelated phones lol 😅
    04-13-18 10:36 AM
    I got my hands on a KeyOne at BestBuy the other day. People have been telling me "its the Passport but running Android."

Ummmm no. Not even close. I mean, its not that the K1 is a bad phone. It's well built, the OS is snappy and the camera above average.

But Passport is in another league. Blackberry really never had issues with build quality when they made their phones, and Passport is perhaps the best they ever made. Everything about the device screams quality.

Especially the keyboard. K1 tries to emulate that sexy keyboard functionality of the PP but the keys are mushy and Android often doesn't seen to know what to do with the capacitive functions.

Kudos to TCL for a good first effort with K1, but they still have plenty of room for K2 to catch up to the Passport.
    Catch up? Lol..the passport is DEAD.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-13-18 10:00 PM
    Catch up? Lol..the passport is DEAD.
    Don't try reality here. I've seen it before, it doesn't work
    04-13-18 10:14 PM
    I wonder how many people are using the passport. I use passport as main and I used keyone for apps.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    04-15-18 02:59 PM
    The Passport is my 3rd favourite BlackBerry-branded device of all time - just behind the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the Bold 9900. Loved it.
    Without stating the obvious (EOL OS and app gap), what put the Keyone ahead of the Passport in your opinion? I'm so curious cus I love the passport SE that I own. Probably my favorite device second only to the 9900! Ha! I've never even laid hands on a K1 tho...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-18 08:44 PM
    Without stating the obvious (EOL OS and app gap), what put the Keyone ahead of the Passport in your opinion? I'm so curious cus I love the passport SE that I own. Probably my favorite device second only to the 9900! Ha! I've never even laid hands on a K1 tho...

Posted via CB10
    Leaving out a supported OS and ecosystem, I would say I prefer the typing experience on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Less thumb travel for people like me that type a lot.
    05-07-18 09:29 PM
193 ... 678