Funny my SE serves me better than any phone I've ever had in running two businesses every day. Maybe it's a miracle, I don’t know. I'm glad you have phone that works well for you, whatever phone that is. But that's just me. I'm not a smug, condescending keyboard warrior judging other people's phone choices and needs.

Posted via CB10
    My Passport served me running my two businesses in the beginning. Then it didn't anymore. I have a need to use apps in the Android ecosystem for my businesses.
    01-14-18 07:18 PM
    My Passport served me running my two businesses in the beginning. Then it didn't anymore. I have a need to use apps in the Android ecosystem for my businesses.
    I was not responding to you, but that is great and I would never make snide remarks or belittle you for your phone choice like so many here do. It works for YOUR NEEDS and that is the point. Passport SE still works for MY NEEDS and when it doesn't I will address it by choosing what I believe to be the best option for MY NEEDS at that time.
    #notapaperweight

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and Jon Wiggy like this.
    01-17-18 10:23 AM
    Silver PP gave birth to the KEYᴼᴺᴱ
    01-18-18 08:48 AM
    just read through the comments and can not understand why people talk about the passport in the past? I use this device for years now used to have the se but the og is much classier. apart from my problems with viber wich is the only android app I use this device works without any problems at all. used to have the k1 didn't like it at all, its inferior in every way in my opinion. if you get along with the minuses this phone will suit you for years to come.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-18 01:06 AM
    Silver PP gave birth to the KEYᴼᴺᴱ
    Unfortunately, the KEYone inherited the bad things about the PPSE's design, and not many of the good ones.

-It holds the square top corners and ugly speaker grill, which doesn't even act as a secondary speaker, so not forgivable. (People already think of BB as ancient devices, so putting that kind of grill doesn't help at all. Thankfully the Black Edition hides that better)

-It holds the silver frame, but it isn't nearly as nice since the silver part doesn't extend to act as the chin or keyboard frets. This is what made the PPSE design feel so unified.

-It holds a wanna be textured back, but obviously not even close to how the PPSE actually gripped on to the hand.

-And of course it doesn't hold the matte black keyboard keys.

But yeah other than that, PPSE paved the way for KEYone.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-14-18 07:36 AM
    Unfortunately, the KEYone inherited the bad things about the PPSE's design, and not many of the good ones.

-It holds the square top corners and ugly speaker grill, which doesn't even act as a secondary speaker, so not forgivable. (People already think of BB as ancient devices, so putting that kind of grill doesn't help at all. Thankfully the Black Edition hides that better)

-It holds the silver frame, but it isn't nearly as nice since the silver part doesn't extend to act as the chin or keyboard frets. This is what made the PPSE design feel so unified.

-It holds a wanna be textured back, but obviously not even close to how the PPSE actually gripped on to the hand.

For 'looks' alone the Passport is waaaaay better looking* than any other phone today.

*everything about it oozes class including better build quality and robustness
    ratfinkstooley and falbo like this.
    02-14-18 07:41 AM
    So you understand the dangers of anecdotal "evidence".

If you read the forums a couple of years ago, "most" Passports had screen lift, and "most" had double typing issues. I experienced both on the Passport SE - but still believe the Passport was an excellent device.
    Just to add my experience with both phones. For me build quality of the passport was superior bit I did not have screen lift problems. Double typing was a problem though. The back came off my Keyone, but it's quite a solid phone. The keys are too small. Most of all I liked the work wide theme the most and wish it came back. I hope for a keytwo plus! All said I dislike my dtek60 which after one year has had battery problems. For my the jury is still out on TCL build quality.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-17-18 03:10 PM
    I bought K1 a few months back in US and I am using it now along with my B.B. passport.
    Which one you like out of both and why? Is keyone worth it?

Posted from BlackBerry Passport!!
    02-19-18 04:10 PM

Well I see that square top and grail as good looking for a phone!
    Completely agreed on silver frame!
    The grip is good but not as good as passport!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-18 04:40 PM
    I have a brand new black passport 32gb bought at the same time as my silver keyone.
    Very disillusioned by the keyone, it does not work straight out of the box, 3 weeks and I'm still trying out 'different' apps......... so many!

I'm selling the keyone and will use my new passport, if I only get 2 years service and then the BB10 servers or whatever it is are switched off, that'll be a productive 2 years where something will have worked as it should.

May be in 2 years BlackBerry will have realised their mistake and there will be a device available that reflects the BlackBerry standards we have known and loved for years.

RIP Keyone, long live the Passport!
    02-25-18 11:34 AM
    Just switched back to a PP from a Z30. I'm never giving up this phone and will keep replacing it if it breaks until I can't use the Web browser, email or phone anymore. This is my third PP and there will be a fourth if this breaks.

If I can use this phone for 10 more years I probably will.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax, ratfinkstooley and JaeBB like this.
    02-25-18 06:06 PM
    Just switched back to a PP from a Z30. I'm never giving up this phone and will keep replacing it if it breaks until I can't use the Web browser, email or phone anymore. This is my third PP and there will be a fourth if this breaks.

If I can use this phone for 10 more years I probably will.

Posted via CB10
    Unless it can't make or take calls anymore I'll be using my three Passports forevaaa! I haven't come across another phone so beautiful and premium built as the
    ratfinkstooley and JaeBB like this.
    02-25-18 06:58 PM
    What I love about BB10 is how intuitive it is to use. You can get up and running straight out of the box in no time! Even after several months on Android I can get straight back into BB10 no problem.

To be quite honest I don't like the Android operating system much at all. I have gravitated to it for really only 2 reasons: the huge app selection and the fact that it's the only remaining alternative to Apple. But from a user experience perspective it's really a jumbled inefficient mess.

That's my opinion, FWIW. The smartphone wars are over, and for better or worse Android and iOS were the two left standing. It would have been great if a third OS could've made it into the mix, if only so the consumer would have more choice. I think BB10 and WebOS were conceptually better operating systems than Android.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-18 06:40 AM
    What I love about BB10 is how intuitive it is to use. You can get up and running straight out of the box in no time! Even after several months on Android I can get straight back into BB10 no problem.

To be quite honest I don't like the Android operating system much at all. I have gravitated to it for really only 2 reasons: the huge app selection and the fact that it's the only remaining alternative to Apple. But from a user experience perspective it's really a jumbled inefficient mess.

That's my opinion, FWIW. The smartphone wars are over, and for better or worse Android and iOS were the two left standing. It would have been great if a third OS could've made it into the mix, if only so the consumer would have more choice. I think BB10 and WebOS were conceptually better operating systems than Android.

Posted via CB10
    I think many of us nowadays really want that better alternative to Android and iOS. Before I bought me first Android device, I used webOS and Windows Phone devices. Loved my Palm Pixi Plus, hp Veer, and hp Pre3. While I liked my iPhone 4s, I wanted to go dual carry, so I got my BlackBerry Z30. It's not likely a third OS will take the world by storm because it's too hard to develop an ecosystem quickly. Android and iOS are like Pepsi and Coke. Maybe by next year a better developed Sailfish OS can turn out to be an RC Cola, and make a decent complement to the Big Two.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    Last edited by Avenzuno; 03-09-18 at 01:36 PM.
    Qorax likes this.
    03-05-18 02:01 AM
    Passport is the best, I am thinking of getting a keyone to get the apps I'd want, but a big part of me keeps me adoring my first love, the passport. Oooh love it's keyboard so much!

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom and Qorax like this.
    03-07-18 02:07 AM
    Same here, been bullied for having this old-school squared junk as they call it, but I adore it so much and I'm so much tempted to getting a keyone any moment, but each time I look at my PP it's as if it's telling me to hold on to it. I think I will keep my PP forever until they completely disable the calling and emailing functions. There's no device like my PP. It defines everything about me and my personality.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-18 02:12 AM
    There's no device like my PP. It defines everything about me and my personality.
    Sorry, but KeyOne doesn't even come close to PP-cheers-old-sport.jpg
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    03-07-18 04:49 AM
    It's just a phone guys...jeeze
    03-07-18 03:31 PM
    Yes, the Passport is an amazing phone. It will be a sad day when I finally have to move to another phone. At the moment, all is working well. I tried the keyone for awhile but love the Passport better. So I'm back on the Passport and gave the Keyone to a family member.

The one thing I'm bummed about is that the Beweather radar doesn't seem to be working anymore. Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix / work around?
    03-09-18 01:02 PM
    The one thing I'm bummed about is that the Beweather radar doesn't seem to be working anymore. Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix / work around?
    Beweather has been abandoned apparently according to this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-down-1135986/ . You could try the separate app in BBW called "Weather Radar USA" if you are in USA or Canada.
    03-09-18 01:14 PM
    when it comes to the flick to type on the keyboard Passport takes it hands down.

other than that, Keyone has resurged my love of Blackberry
    03-09-18 01:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-18 09:38 AM
    It's just a phone guys...jeeze
    Oh yeah?!!

Sorry, but KeyOne doesn't even come close to PP-20170201134823.jpeg
    fanchettes, Qorax, dmlis and 1 others like this.
    03-11-18 09:44 AM
    Sometimes it takes more than 5 minutes in a store to make a full analysis.

I too had to exchange a Passport SE due to screen lift. No problems with my original KEYᵒⁿᵉ yet.

Apart from the speakers, everything else on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is superior imo - especially the keyboard.
    I have to say I disagree. The mushy keys and candy bar form factor of the Key One are garbage, still rocking my SE and will until BlackBerry comes out with something worth switching to Android for.

Posted via the great Passport Silver Edition
    falbo and Qorax like this.
    03-11-18 04:53 PM
    I finally got my hands on a KeyOne and loved how it felt in hand, but they keyboard just can't compare to the Passport keyboard.

A shame they couldn't seem to figure out how to use the PP keyboard on the KeyOne.

Also, it's android...aka garbage. That said, if the price were lower I would enjoy playing with a KeyOne because I seems like the best Faux-blackberry yet. Hardware would be something I could work with, except that idiotic android button belt.

Further, my SE is working quite well still. Haven't even touched my backup yet.

KAM

Posted via CB10
    03-11-18 05:57 PM
193 ... 5678