Right, but then it negates being Passport-like. I find the screen ratio to be one of the reasons why I prefer the Passport’s screen by far over the KEYone or any candy bar for that matter. For emails and texts, there is nothing better.
    Asking for Passport dimensions with Android has been explained so many times as impossible and why. Asking for a leprechaun riding a unicorn pulling a pot o gold is just as ridiculous.
    01-10-18 03:09 PM
    Asking for Passport dimensions with Android has been explained so many times as impossible and why. Asking for a leprechaun riding a unicorn pulling a pot o gold is just as ridiculous.
    I am fully aware of this and that is why the KEYone cannot be called a true Passport replacement. That was my point.
    Qorax likes this.
    01-10-18 03:13 PM
    Honestly the mods should just make a sticky on the KEYone and Passport forums, explaining once and for all why there can't be an Android Passport, because Android isn't designed to run on a 1:1 screen. The amount of people wishing for such a device is quite astonishing.
    01-10-18 03:16 PM
    Right, but then it negates being Passport-like. I find the screen ratio to be one of the reasons why I prefer the Passport’s screen by far over the KEYone or any candy bar for that matter. For emails and texts, there is nothing better.
    But the whole point of my reply to different person at time, was requesting Passport factor but Android compliant. The KEYone is that attempt. We all know the KEYone isn't the same dimensions. That wasn't the point of my comment. Let the Passport and BB10 RIP.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    01-10-18 03:23 PM
    Honestly the mods should just make a sticky on the KEYone and Passport forums, explaining once and for all why there can't be an Android Passport, because Android isn't designed to run on a 1:1 screen. The amount of people wishing for such a device is quite astonishing.
    Oh but you will just get the argument that android apps worked on BB10 phones using the runtime so it's possible!
    cyberdoggie and falbo like this.
    01-10-18 04:00 PM
    Wow I guess I really started something with my post. I've enjoyed reading this thread and seeing the diversity of opinions.

I've been coming to grips with the fact that Blackberry as I knew it will never return. For all its elegance and intuitive UI, I know the app situation doomed BB10. Android is IMO an inferior OS, but it has all the apps so it wins. I know I'll have to move on, and sooner rather than later.

But then I pick up this Passport and I can't help but wonder what could have been if BB10 took hold in the market. It's such a premium feeling device and so beautiful! The other day I laid it on the table in the break room at work, and literally every coworker took notice of it. In a sea of Rounded rectangles, Passport truly stands out.

Anyway, thanks everyone for a lively discussion.

Posted via CB10
    I've been using PPSE and K1 - Black Unlocked here in states side by side, both with a mint sim card installed individually. Reception on PPSE far better than K1, I was waiting for minutes for a page to download on K1, then opened same page on PPSE and opened right up, I also have noticed on the K1 that if I don't get my mouth right up to phone mic people are telling me they can't hear me, So I'm using my passport for main device until it dies or TCL makes a comparable Passport/Android. Keyone is Ok and fun but it ain't no PassPort!
    cyberdoggie and Qorax like this.
    01-10-18 04:27 PM
    I never used a BB until BB10 came out. I had a Z10 for years and then a PP Black and now a PP SE. I have loved my BB10 phones. I get a ton of ridicule at work from the Apple fanbois but I don't care. Nothing beats it for text, email, and calendar while also being a very good voice phone. I have only 1 non-BB app that I need regularly. That app now requires Android 5 and the older version is losing functionality. This will be the thing that will push me to an Android BB. I'm just hoping I can hold out long enough for the KeyTwo later this year.
    Qorax and falbo like this.
    01-12-18 11:52 AM
    Not even close. I owned a OG passport and SE and the Keyone is FAR SUPERIOR. Battery is better and the keyboard is awesome no complaints at all. Passport is dead.
    01-13-18 12:25 PM
    Tell that to the people who had their Passport screens seperate. I think they might disagree.
    Tell me about it. I superglued it, which broke the media and volume buttons, and it's still coming up. Very frustrating.

GTFOing from BlackBerry !
    01-13-18 05:31 PM
    A paid for Passport is cheaper than having to buy a brand new paperweight or doorstop.
    Or a beer mug coaster. 😸
    01-13-18 07:06 PM
    Passport, u can say was an invention, passport has things still phones today don't have. And in the built quality....passport is far more better than keyone. Design is not how it only looks, but also how it works.
    BUT AT THE END, WE HAVE TO LEAVE IT BEHIND. SAD NEWS THAT BlackBerry SAID BYE BYE TO ITS USERS.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-13-18 08:59 PM
    Passport, u can say was an invention, passport has things still phones today don't have. And in the built quality....passport is far more better than keyone. Design is not how it only looks, but also how it works.
    BUT AT THE END, WE HAVE TO LEAVE IT BEHIND. SAD NEWS THAT BlackBerry SAID BYE BYE TO ITS USERS.

Posted via CB10
    I'm enjoying my AT&T KEYone better than my AT&T PRIV which I enjoyed more than my AT&T Passport.
    01-13-18 09:16 PM
    Passport still makes a nice backup device for basic tasks, plus Android Whatsapp still works for now
    Qorax likes this.
    01-14-18 02:42 AM
    Basic tasks? :-)

I still do everything with my retro old man's mobile phone and miss nothing. I can do everything when I am not in my office to run my little company.

But, ok, I am no "new media junkie".
    This might be a factor :-)

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and cyberdoggie like this.
    01-14-18 04:17 AM
    A Passport like is possible with a 4/3 ratio screen.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-14-18 09:12 AM
    A Passport like is possible with a 4/3 ratio screen.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, very possible. And if marketed properly - it could be a winner as well. There are just too many slabs out there - something different has the potential to take off well.
    01-14-18 09:15 AM
    Yes, very possible. And if marketed properly - it could be a winner as well. There are just too many slabs out there - something different has the potential to take off well.
    That's what I keep hoping, that sooner or later people are gonna start getting tired of oversaturation of slabs
    Qorax and falbo like this.
    01-14-18 09:25 AM
    That's what I keep hoping, that sooner or later people are gonna start getting tired of oversaturation of slabs
    Absolutely correct. Like you posted elsewhere with that Youtube video ~ every phone these days is actually the same with merely some cosmetic change. There is just nothing to look forward to.
    falbo likes this.
    01-14-18 09:28 AM
    I look forward to clicking on my non slab blackberries, although I think that I am faster on the awesome z10/z30 virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 09:34 AM
    Component quality, fit and finish, and premium feel are all on par with the Passport, imo. I've owned them all too. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ also sells for less than the Passport did throughout most of its availability.

I've never denied the design choice of only putting in a mono speaker. Nor have I denied that some people have reported reception issues on particular bands in particular areas. But since we are talking anecdotes, I will add that most of the people I know on KEYᵒⁿᵉs have not experienced any reception problems.
    I only had reception problems at launch. It seems the successive OS updates have fixed the problems. I don't drop calls anymore and can't complain about reception.
    01-14-18 10:10 AM
    I only had reception problems at launch. It seems the successive OS updates have fixed the problems. I don't drop calls anymore and can't complain about reception.
    Most people would concur. Software updates seem to have wrestled the majority of the reception issues to the ground.
    01-14-18 10:17 AM
    You know, my Passport was an awesome phone, I loved the uniqueness of the design and it just screamed class - it was truly gorgeous. What a disappointment when it had software glitches that would never be addressed, and although blackberry sent me 2 replacements, they all wound up having the same glitch. Went on to a lowly Dtek50, which I fell in love with, because everything worked. And as far as build quality, that phone has been passed down to my wife, and is still going strong after being dropped in the bath 6 months ago. TCL build quality is just fine, IMO
    01-14-18 10:21 AM
    That just described a killer screensaver
    01-14-18 10:24 AM
    That just described a killer screensaver
    I believe Conite provided us with a JPG in the past if you search CB... LOL
    01-14-18 01:58 PM
    You enjoy your dead weight useless irrelevant passport lol
    Funny my SE serves me better than any phone I've ever had in running two businesses every day. Maybe it's a miracle, I don’t know. I'm glad you have phone that works well for you, whatever phone that is. But that's just me. I'm not a smug, condescending keyboard warrior judging other people's phone choices and needs.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 02:28 PM
193 ... 45678