Seems like there is a dark cloud approaching.....I really don’t know how I will manage without my Passport.
    Does anyone have any user experience of a Samsung with their clip on keyboards? I’m presuming the sound quality would be better than the Keyone.
    The clip-on keyboard is about as good as it sounds.
    Jon Wiggy likes this.
    01-01-18 12:09 PM
    you're probably spot on!
    01-01-18 12:51 PM
    Imagine if Samsung Note 8 has a qwerty keyboard, it would be so awesome!
    01-01-18 01:36 PM
    My first passport only had screenlift issues after I replaced the screen. Then that screen went out. It cost me to much money to take it to the repair shop. So I brought an SE. The had problems with the Camera after I updated to 10.3.3. Then when I tried to security wipe the phone it bricked. Now I'm back on and OG again because the SE is still $500 dollars brand new. I'm on 10.3.2.2474 right now and though I don't have the wifi calling, my passport is running fine. Now if I could get the wifi calling along with getting it to work better with Tmobile USA then I'm golden. I'm not sure how if the TMobile Radio files from the Classic will work on the OG

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 01:44 PM
    Imagine if Samsung Note 8 has a qwerty keyboard, it would be so awesome!
    It would also be 8" tall.
    01-01-18 01:57 PM
    It would also be 8" tall.
    There is a qwerty case for the Note 8, but apparently really hard to actually find one. Strangely it doesn't look as bad as the one on the S8/S8+.
    01-01-18 02:06 PM
    Folks lets not forget that right now in Canada, a new Passport is $250 on Amazon whilst a Keyone is approximately $650. Soo.. we are comparing phones in different price brackets.

Both are unique designs and they are both great when scrolling through web pages using the capacitive keyboards ( the only phones on the market that can do that). Keyone has all the apps while the Passport has the superior (in my opinion) operating system that is, unfortunately, not being further developed.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and rayporsche like this.
    01-01-18 02:46 PM
    The issues you wished to add where all aesthetic choices - save reception.

The reception issue seems to be isolated to particular band(s) in particular areas. Recent updates have helped many who were affected.

No phone is perfect. The Passport had ongoing screen lift (not just an initial production issue), and double typing had reared its head long before the current life cycle of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ - on which there are no reports.
    When you say that sound is "aesthetic," It's important to note that sound quality is no more "aesthetic" than any other performance attribute that can be measured to a high degree of accuracy by instrumentation, and which can be readily perceived by anyone with normal hearing and an appropriate set of listening experiences.

Unless you want to claim that the camera, screen, typing experience, and every other way we perceive our phones with our senses is also "aesthetic" I'm not sure what you mean.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Qorax and neoberry99 like this.
    01-01-18 02:51 PM
    When you say that sound is "aesthetic," It's important to note that sound quality is no more "aesthetic" than any other performance attribute that can be measured to a high degree of accuracy by instrumentation, and which can be readily perceived by anyone with normal hearing and an appropriate set of listening experiences.

Unless you want to claim that the camera, screen, typing experience, and every other way we perceive our phones with our senses is also "aesthetic" I'm not sure what you mean.

Speakers were on MY initial list. I was responding to other issues that were added.

You have to trace this conversation all the way back to the beginning.
    01-01-18 04:06 PM
    Speakers were on MY initial list. I was responding to other issues that were added.

You have to trace this conversation all the way back to the beginning.
    OK. Sorry if I misread your post!

01-01-18 04:07 PM
    I love my keyone. the keyboard is great and I've had few issues. plus the latest firmware update helped clear the reception bugs. however, my passport is special and unique. great for email, texting and anything where I have to read a lot. But I also have the screen lift issue on the Passport and not the Keyone. I also have the quiet headphone jack on the passport, not the Keyone. neither is perfect, but if the Keyone gets broken, my Sim cards going back to the passport without hesitation, flaws and all
    Qorax likes this.
    01-01-18 07:18 PM
    This is me :lol:
    01-02-18 02:18 AM
    Samsung's built-in music player can handle wma, but not sure about FLAC.
    I currently use Rocket Player and it can play both wma and FLAC files.
    Not sure what Samsung has to do with a Passport / keyone comparison thread, but thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 11:37 PM
    Not sure what Samsung has to do with a Passport / keyone comparison thread, but thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    You said: "BB10 has an excellent built in music player that allows flac and wma. No wma on the Android which is disappointing to say the least, so BB10 remains my music player." That's what I was responding to.
    Android devices have the capability to play wma and FLAC files.
    01-03-18 12:04 AM
    I agree that passport is way superior to Key1.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax, gravesend60 and rayporsche like this.
    01-03-18 05:55 AM
    BB made, IMHO, the worst possible business decision some years ago. Basically there used to be two types of BB users then: that one's that liked the brand because of OS security and stability, and that one's that liked the brand because of the "premium" feeling offered by its models (Classic, Z10, PP, etc.)

Well... Majority of that one's which used to like the brand because OS will never adopt Android, which is in exact opposition to "security" and "stability". And I'm not talking about beauty because it don't matters so much. These guys instead migrated in large scale to iOS. I, too, have a K1 but refuse to adopt it as my daily driver because I don't want Google spying on all my entire life.

The other people, that one's which used to love BB because if premium feeling of its older models won't be happy, in its majority, with a K1, either. Is a case of simple side-to-side analysis. Put PP side to an iPhone and a Samsung of its time. Now put a K1 side to an iPhone X and a S8 or Note 8. I have a X and a K1. I really like my K1 but, sorry, there's no way to compare these two. I have, too, a PP and an iPhone 6 Plus. Again, there's no possible way to compare both, but in the opposite direction. I'm talking about premium feeling here.

This kind of decision is simply killing BB. Software company now, someone will say. Ok. But I neither can see, yet, none really innovative difference between BB and another brands software. Yet.

Just my two cents.
    krazyatom and rayporsche like this.
    01-03-18 06:24 AM
    You said: "BB10 has an excellent built in music player that allows flac and wma. No wma on the Android which is disappointing to say the least, so BB10 remains my music player." That's what I was responding to.
    Android devices have the capability to play wma and FLAC files.
    That's true, but the only Android phone with the sound quality of the Passport or even the Z10 is the LG G6. The others all use the Qualcomm DACs, which are dreadful.

Bbnivende likes this.
    01-03-18 07:57 AM
    That's true, but the only Android phone with the sound quality of the Passport or even the Z10 is the LG G6. The others all use the Qualcomm DACs, which are dreadful.

There's also LG's V series (10/20/30). 🙂
    01-03-18 08:36 AM
    I just fired up my PP after at least 10 months with the. K1, and man do I ever miss this device. The only reason I switched was because the PP camera stopped focusing.
    01-03-18 09:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely.
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-03-18 10:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Except it has old BB10 OS. It's lost too much compatibility since introduced 3 years ago. The KEYone is as close as possible within current Android environment.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    01-03-18 11:12 AM
    Folks lets not forget that right now in Canada, a new Passport is $250 on Amazon whilst a Keyone is approximately $650. Soo.. we are comparing phones in different price brackets.

Both are unique designs and they are both great when scrolling through web pages using the capacitive keyboards ( the only phones on the market that can do that). Keyone has all the apps while the Passport has the superior (in my opinion) operating system that is, unfortunately, not being further developed.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-18 11:19 AM
    I agree. The B.B. 10 is a good soft ware. PP keyboard is superior to K1. The passport is well built. Fortunately I did not have the screen lift problem so far. I have iPhone 5s, but I love using passport for my work. The design and feel of it I’d definitely unbeatable. Devi Prasad
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-03-18 11:23 AM
    I bought K1 a few months back in US and I am using it now along with my B.B. passport.
    01-03-18 11:24 AM
    The only reason I switched was because the PP camera stopped focusing.
    If your camera is broken you can get a new one cheaply: https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...mera-lens.html but of course your KEYone has a much better camera. Passport camera has always been lousy at focusing but I can take some beautiful shots with it if I stay absolutely still.
    01-03-18 12:30 PM
193 ... 23456 ...