I wouldn’t be TOO sure that you will enjoy it as much as your other Blackberrys!
    Coming from the Passport SE, as soon as I heard the inferior sound quality of the K1,
    I just couldn’t accept it. ( and the keyboard couldn’t match the PP, either ).
    I immediately sold it and after a few weeks I thought, come on! you have to move forward!
    So, I bought another K1 and................yes, I sold it, too!
    As mobile phones go, the K1 is probably better than most, but
    I’m afraid the sheer class and quality of the Passport SE is preventing a lot of us from moving on!
    cyberdoggie and Qorax like this.
    12-31-17 02:00 PM
    I wouldn’t be TOO sure that you will enjoy it as much as your other Blackberrys!
    Coming from the Passport SE, as soon as I heard the inferior sound quality of the K1,
    I immediately sold it and after a few weeks I thought, come on! you have to move forward!
    I’m afraid the sheer class and quality of the Passport SE is preventing a lot of us from moving on!
    I enjoy it more when my old devices just don't have the functionality because technology evolved.
    12-31-17 02:02 PM
    Still using my Passport. Still productive. Still functional (for my needs). Still like it. I'm not a Whatsapp guy, so I don't miss that, and in fact, MOST Apps are not for me. But I am a music guy and I'm glad Slacker, Amazon Prime Music Unlimited and a few other music streaming apps run on Passport (sideloaded). I have a 9900 on one of my lines and Slacker and Spotify still work on the 9900. Well, Slacker works as long as you have a subscription. The app is so old it does not support ads, so the only way it runs is with a subscription, but Slacker's minimum subscription is so low per month, it's a non-issue for me.

The one app that no longer functions on my Passport is TuneIn radio and that smarts. There are terrestrial radio stations I like to listen to via TuneIn. I've tried other radio apps and they fall to short to be useful. The web browser on Passport still supports MOST terrestrial websites for streaming, but not all. I really do miss TuneIn.

I'll hold on to my Passport for 1 more year. By New Years 2019 I will probably go Droid unless I fall in love with Apple Music. These days, music is becoming more important to me than productivity or applications. It's becoming the #1 driver in what I want in a smartphone.
    Bb10 has an excellent built in music player that allows flac and wma. No wma on the Android which is disappointing to say the least, so bb10 remains my music player. Passport has better speakers than keyone, but I would be remiss in not mentioning that like the Passport, the keyone does have a good fm radio which is great to have.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 02:32 PM
    Bb10 has an excellent built in music player that allows flac and wma. No wma on the Android which is disappointing to say the least, so bb10 remains my music player. Passport has better speakers than keyone, but I would be remiss in not mentioning that like the Passport, the keyone does have a good fm radio which is great to have.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung's built-in music player can handle wma, but not sure about FLAC.
    I currently use Rocket Player and it can play both wma and FLAC files.
    12-31-17 03:46 PM
    Two years down the line and my PP is still cooking. No problems, no issues. WhatsApp is dropping us BB10 users. So, I am now looking forward to a Key One black edition. I'm sure I will enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed all my BB's. I am glad BlackBerry is still making phones because I can not stomach IOS and some of the other offerings out there. If I had the ability to create a smart phone and OS, it would look very much like BB10.

Posted via CB10
    In my opinion iOS has more of a BlackBerry look and feel than Android does. If I needed a PKB , I would definitely go BlackBerry.

Other than that , it is just a question of which ecosystem meets your overall needs best.
    12-31-17 04:38 PM
    I enjoy it more when my old devices just don't have the functionality because technology evolved.
    I wiseass around in a forum devoted to a defunct device.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 06:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly..
    Jon Wiggy likes this.
    12-31-17 10:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    And what's the problem?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 03:55 AM
    The issues you wished to add where all aesthetic choices - save reception.

The reception issue seems to be isolated to particular band(s) in particular areas. Recent updates have helped many who were affected.

No phone is perfect. The Passport had ongoing screen lift (not just an initial production issue), and double typing had reared its head long before the current life cycle of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ - on which there are no reports.
    Not everyone had screen lift. I've had the OG Passport since its launch and had zero issues - no screen lift or double typing.

I still marvel at the build quality of this phone.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Qorax and rayporsche like this.
    01-01-18 04:12 AM
    Sometimes it takes more than 5 minutes in a store to make a full analysis.

I too had to exchange a Passport SE due to screen lift. No problems with my original KEYᵒⁿᵉ yet.

Apart from the speakers, everything else on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is superior imo - especially the keyboard.
    Three passport, two SE edition and one black...never had this screen lift...you can be sure that passport is far better than keyone....and all the people that tried both can see that! Plenty of videos on youtube confirm that too....how can you say that the keyboard is better in keyone compared to the passport...it's a lie to obvious! And without speaking about the ridiculous android google os...with billion apps and half of them running bad or crashing...take a look at the dtek or the unfortunate priv...(with the android os and no more supported on securoty updates, how many priv owners can be happy today? And how mani keyone owners or motion owners could be in future?). Ffff you have to buy a smartphone and change it everi two years? Pffff in the googledroid world there are plenty of smartphone better than these new tcl BlackBerry running android. I don't care about BlackBerry, I don't have passion for smartphones...but I can speak about what I have in my hands: passport or keyone? No comparability at all! And I am not interested to say that...only facts. Other facts are the bb10 os dying, and the lag of apps from when it is born, but this is another topic.
    Perhaps conite has a store of the new smartphones tcl-bb....
    Posted via CB10
    Qorax and rayporsche like this.
    01-01-18 05:37 AM
    The Keyone must have the better spell check.
    01-01-18 06:14 AM
    There is no end in sight for me. Official support announced two years. Who knows how long after that. I just tried newest I crap and s8 at a store because it had been a year or two. PP browser was only 3 seconds slower loading heavy picture webpage on lte. Not on the stores connection.

I felt dirty after the experiment and washed my hands.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    rayporsche likes this.
    01-01-18 08:27 AM
    There is no end in sight for me. Official support announced two years. Who knows how long after that. I just tried newest I crap and s8 at a store because it had been a year or two. PP browser was only 3 seconds slower loading heavy picture webpage on lte. Not on the stores connection.

I felt dirty after the experiment and washed my hands.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    Wish it could have been same for me, but alas, it wasn't. I do prefer BBAndroid over Android though.
    01-01-18 08:48 AM
    LOL!......By the way, my Whatsapp is still working.
    01-01-18 08:55 AM
    LOL!......By the way, my Whatsapp is still working.
    You do realize thats for only next two weeks or so, right?
    01-01-18 08:58 AM
    Ooooh.. no, didn’t know that. Will just have to load the Android one. Although, I’ve tried it before and it wasn’t as nice an experience as the BB10 version
    01-01-18 09:04 AM
    Ooooh.. no, didn’t know that. Will just have to load the Android one. Although, I’ve tried it before and it wasn’t as nice an experience as the BB10 version
    Per this WhatsApp developer timeline posted multiple places on CB, the Android version will degrade as well on BB10 since it's not officially supported. Read the full timeline if you depend on WhatsApp :-/

Since there's plenty of speculation among everyone trying to mince words spread through a number of articles, I'd just like to clear up exactly what is going to happen with the BlackBerry 10 client*:

The December 31, 2017 date has not changed. It is for real this time. However, since I know that many of you will "run to town" on the forums if the app doesn't die in your face at the stroke of midnight, here's how things are actually going to happen (at least on BlackBerry 10):

Once the date passes Dec 31 2017, the app will go into "deprecation" mode. It will still continue to function for a short grace period, but some behaviors will change. Most importantly, you will no longer be able to re-register your account with the app. That means if you delete and reinstall it (or install it on a different phone), it will no longer allow you to verify your phone number and complete the setup process.

After the grace period, which is approximately two weeks after the published date, the app will go into "expired" mode. At this point it will stop functioning as a usable WhatsApp client, and thus will no longer connect to our servers. (Around this same time, our servers will stop allowing the client to connect as well.) However, once it is expired, the BlackBerry 10 client app may still allow you to access your existing message content on your phone. This behavior should be similar to what was seen by everyone who forgot to update their app the last time our published expiration date had passed.

Note: If you want to try the "Export for Android" feature that's been mentioned in some other threads, please do it (or at least try to do it) before your app is cut off. Part of the initial setup process for this feature requires a connection to our servers.

(* The client being referred to here is the native "WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10" application. None of our language refers to the Android client, because it has never been an officially supported option. The Android client may continue to work past this date, but no effort has been or will be made to ensure compatibility. As such, it could break at any time. Therefore, to continue using WhatsApp, switching to a real Android phone is strongly recommended.)
    01-01-18 09:09 AM
    Not everyone had screen lift. I've had the OG Passport since its launch and had zero issues - no screen lift or double typing.

I still marvel at the build quality of this phone.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Yes, I think we all understand the concepts of anecdotal evidence and sample size.
    01-01-18 09:14 AM
    ...you can be sure that passport is far better than keyone....and all the people that tried both can see that!
    Well it's case closed then. Turn off the lights and let's all go home.
    01-01-18 09:16 AM
    Here is my take overall Passport > Priv > Keyone. I do like the keyone design over Priv but Priv’s keyboard is better than Keyone for me. If TCL can replicate passport build quality, I’ll get at least 3-4 devices with different colors!
    01-01-18 09:29 AM
    Well, they were posted as facts!
    01-01-18 09:30 AM
    BlackBerry itself has closed the case....

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 10:30 AM
    I beg to differ. Sorry if that disturbs some others. I really wished hard I could be a 100 pct happy dog with the KEYone. As it is, it is an ok phone (long battery life being a plus) but with some elements clearly not in the Passport league (I say so owning both the black Passport and the silver edition). It is a good attempt by TCL but regrettably with some issues as already indicated above. Sound and cellular reception issues have been acknowledged by many users, not just me.
    Why do you persistently attempt to minimize or dismiss those issues? There may have been improvement on the signal reception for some, but clearly not for all (including me) and the whole reception is certainly inferior to the Passport. TCL should notice in order to improve next time.
    Also, do not forget that the KEYone is/was sold at premium price for which one expects corresponding quality, including of its parts.
    I agree that some of my other observations may have been aesthetic, though the way the navigational buttons are integrated lead to many errors, which is certainly not aesthetic.
    I find this comment interesting because there have been complaints with tickets acknowledged/opened with BlackBerry regarding Passport and "No Service" issue. While the KEYone reception issues are known and identified with cause regarding using with case as solution/improvement, there was and is no solution for those with Passports.

Support of either device lies in the eye of the beholder. From pure logical view, one device has future path and one device is over. Fit and finish means nothing if device is not as usable for what either owner needs the device to actually do.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-01-18 10:59 AM
    Much as I love the PP, Keyone prices are tumbling dramatically. V tempted to bid on this but am going to sit it out this time: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BlackBerry-...246?nav=SEARCH

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 11:06 AM
    Seems like there is a dark cloud approaching.....I really don’t know how I will manage without my Passport.
    Does anyone have any user experience of a Samsung with their clip on keyboards? I’m presuming the sound quality would be better than the Keyone.
    01-01-18 11:53 AM
193 12345 ...